Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Statues being removed in Richmond

Taggart

Elite
Founder
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”

first-lady-of-va.jpg

The Robert E Lee memorial is being removed today in Richmond. I believe it's possible to be against slavery but understand that this shouldn't happen... unfortunately that's a nuance that Democratic leaders like Northam can't comprehend.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”

first-lady-of-va.jpg

The Robert E Lee memorial is being removed today in Richmond. I believe it's possible to be against slavery but understand that this shouldn't happen... unfortunately that's a nuance that Democratic leaders like Northam can't comprehend.
Yep. Nothing wrong with history no matter how ugly it was. You can't change it.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Yep. Nothing wrong with history no matter how ugly it was. You can't change it.

Plus it may be just me, but I don't judge people by who lived more than 160 years ago by 2021 standards.

Plus we are going to put the whole slavery issue on General Lee, really? Slavery was the flaw that put the nation on the path to Civil War from it's very beginning 1789. General Lee was not even born until 1807 and was just a military man by career. However, slavery is all on him, right?

An opposing army was going to bring fire and sword into his neighborhood and he was just supposed to say nah I am cool with that. It is not as easy a choice as the commies portray.

Last edited:

grimm515

Elite
Founder
Plus it may be just me, but I don't judge people by who lived more than 160 years ago by 2021 standards.
I hammered this home when I taught history. You simply have to do your best to put yourself in that time. A woman working in a factory in the early 1800s would have been shunned by society. It just wasn't normal for the time.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

Luciano

Poster
Sad what’s happening to so many of these southern states.

Yup, this what happens when liberals f_@k up their state and move to the south, and press these decisions to feel better about the shortcomings that was implemented in the hell hole state from which escaped.

Jtrain80

Legendary
When are we going to blame Africans who put other Africans in chains to start the process?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Look very closely at what you see in this photo. They're not taking down one statue....they are taking America apart, piece by piece. The sad part is that I am resigned to it because the conservatives and so called republican party are sitting on their asses watching it from the front row.

"Stay tuned folks! There's lots more to come right after this commercial message from our esteemed president Joe Buydumb on more ways Covid restrictions are making your life safer!"

Last edited:

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Sad what’s happening to so many of these southern states.
The southern states are the most "American" of them all. We have true patriots in southern states that "get it" and are ready to fight for freedom. This image means something in southern states...

Unknown-2.jpeg
I'M READY TO STRIKE!

Top Bottom