Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So I’m about to start my coaching job this afternoon:

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder
First day on the job:

giphy.gif

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Remember, today is not the day to win their friendship. Today is the day to lay down the law and expectation that you are the alpha and to be respected.

Any shit you tolerate today will go up by an exponential factor as time goes on. See a kid who’s gonna be a problem? Stomp on the issue right away and set the expectation for consequences

Once you have that respect in the first few days, feel free to be yourself

Like teachers always say “don’t let them see you smile until October”

UNC71-00

Elite
Founder
Remember, today is not the day to win their friendship. Today is the day to lay down the law and expectation that you are the alpha and to be respected.

Any shit you tolerate today will go up by an exponential factor as time goes on. See a kid who’s gonna be a problem? Stomp on the issue right away and set the expectation for consequences

100% true.

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I’ve got 17+ years of leadership in the Army. One of my last jobs was as an Infantry First Sergeant. Trust me, I know how to gain respect and when/when not to reward and punish.

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I’ve got 17+ years of leadership in the Army. One of my last jobs was as an Infantry First Sergeant. Trust me, I know how to gain respect and when/when not to reward and punish.
I went AWOL from a Naval Prep academy....lol

I needed poosay as a kid. Dangerous stuff....

Top Bottom