Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

So Brett Kavanaugh is a complete strike out

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Gotta say I disagree with OP here.

Kav killed it on the NCAA ruling and I don't think he or Roberts were "wrong" here either. Decision could have went either way and would have made sense.

If landlords don't like it they can sell. Property is going @ amazing rates and the same has been true the whole pandemic. If they didn't do their research or realize that this could happen based on existing federal law that's also their own problem.

ETNVol

Legendary
Founder

Kav killed it on the NCAA ruling and I don't think he or Roberts were "wrong" here either. Decision could have went either way and would have made sense.

If landlords don't like it they can sell. Property is going @ amazing rates and the same has been true the whole pandemic. If they didn't do their research or realize that this could happen based on existing federal law that's also their own problem.

Wow. Decision could have gone either way? Based on what? OP couldn't be more right. Telling people what to do with their own property is about as un-American as it gets.

Kavanaugh is a disaster and perhaps Trumps biggest mistake.

America 1st

Founder
Wow. Decision could have gone either way? Based on what? OP couldn't be more right. Telling people what to do with their own property is about as un-American as it gets.

Kavanaugh is a disaster and perhaps Trumps biggest mistake.
Based on the law. The federal government has broad authority during national emergencies.

These landlords knew this could happen when they made these investments.

Kav has been pretty good so far. The way he took the NCAA to task, by its self, puts him in the solid category.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Based on the law. The federal government has broad authority during national emergencies.

Kav has been pretty good so far. The way he took the NCAA to task, by its self, puts him in the solid category.

I doubt any landlords, or very few, were aware that the government could do this...or maybe if they could, it would be because of a massive earthquake or hurricane or some shit, for a month or two. I don't think ANYONE figured just because of a flu-like virus, the government could do even half the shit they did in the last year. They sure don't have authority for much of it, but the people let them, and the courts don't stop them, so I guess they do have the authority.☹

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder

This “national emergency” is completely fabricated. Kav helped hand the government powers that they wanted(not needed) to have.

Don’t start believing the charade now.

BigBucnNole

Elite

The only comparison I can think of is stranded costs in the utility markets. Any costs incurred by regulatory changes, such as deregulation, are considered stranded. The local and state governments can do that, but to qualify in the property clause of the constitution the governments have to make the utilities financially whole.

Ive actually been waiting for that piece in this whole moratorium debacle since day one. Nothing is stopping these landlords from charging everything from late fees to back rent when the moratorium is lifted. I’m guessing the feds and or states will step in for many of these situations.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder

Who knew that a virus, possibly slightly more deadly than the flu, would create a national emergency? I would argue there was no national emergency. Who decides what a nation emergency is? Is it a national emergency because NBC, ABC, and CNN collude to run headlines on their broadcast in order to discredit their political opponents?

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
I can respect his explanation. Doesn't set any precedence going forward and its kind of like big fucking deal? Its one month more month after this has been going on for 16 months. Seems reasonable to me.

View attachment 29475
The CDC can always move the date. Even if they don't they can still pull this bullshit lever in the future.

Kav left the tool in their toolbox. He should not have.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Who knew that a virus, possibly slightly more deadly than the flu, would create a national emergency? I would argue there was no national emergency. Who decides what a nation emergency is? Is it a national emergency because NBC, ABC, and CNN collude to run headlines on their broadcast in order to discredit their political opponents?
While I personally agree, there was a national emergency declared. Whether that is correct to have done so is another issue not being presented

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
The CDC can always move the date. Even if they don't they can still pull this bullshit lever in the future.

Kav left the tool in their toolbox. He should not have.
Im not a lawyer so if there is one on this board maybe they can confirm or refute this.

But doesn't the written opinion have a lot of sway about enforcement going into the future? By Kavanaugh writing the opinion that way, it is essentially toothless. It's basically throwing the democrats a bone and saying i vote this way in this case due to extenuating circumstances, but this ruling can not be used as precedent in the future.

Correct or incorrect?

Tell_Sackett

Poster

Income properties sell at a multiple of rents. If you can't collect rents and you can't evict, that doesn't help your property value.

I won't pretend to understand all the intricacies of the case but at face value, this is a bad decision. Federal powers are way too broad and this does nothing to quell that.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
^^Exactly, and also because the liberals said so.

SOTrojan

Poster
This isn’t a decision on the merits of whether the cdc exceeded its power. Kav says he believes the cdc did exceed its power. This is a decision on whether the moratorium can stay in place or should be stopped while the court of appeal decides the case. The case could go to scotus on the merits after the court of appeal decides it.

SOTrojan

Poster

Kavanaugh said the federal government (cdc) does NOT have the power to do what it did. But he said he won’t vote yet to stop the cdc from exceeding its power b/c the moratorium is supposed to end in four weeks and that will allow for a more orderly ending/distribution of relief funds.

America 1st

Founder
Kavanaugh said the federal government (cdc) does NOT have the power to do what it did. But he said he won’t vote yet to stop the cdc from exceeding its power b/c the moratorium is supposed to end in four weeks and that will allow for a more orderly ending/distribution of relief funds.
Correct.

So it's pretty safe to assume the four others believed the federal government had that authority and Kav believed that other legislation by Congress to disperse funds affected this case.

It's really not difficult to understand why he did what he did even if one doesn't agree with it personally.

America 1st

Founder
I doubt any landlords, or very few, were aware that the government could do this...or maybe if they could, it would be because of a massive earthquake or hurricane or some shit, for a month or two. I don't think ANYONE figured just because of a flu-like virus, the government could do even half the shit they did in the last year. They sure don't have authority for much of it, but the people let them, and the courts don't stop them, so I guess they do have the authority.☹
If they weren't aware of what they were doing before investing money that's on them.

We all agree that the whole pandemic shit is BS but generally speaking the federal government does have that authority.

If the federal government can intern thousands of American citizens, like they did during WW2, for public safety and national defense purposes it shouldn't surprise people that this moratorium happened.

Icculus

Poster

Its obvious you don’t know much about real estate. It’s mighty hard to sell a property with 0 income when the value is derived from the income. This was not on anyone investors radar as something that could last this long. Saying they should of known better is dumb and you sound like a libturd.

America 1st

Founder
Its obvious you don’t know much about real estate. It’s mighty hard to sell a property with 0 income when the value is derived from the income. This was not on anyone investors radar as something that could last this long. Saying they should of known better is dumb and you sound like a libturd.
So again, investors should have known what they were getting into. Thanks for verifying that for us.

Plenty of landlords are unloading rentals around here so we both know that point is litter Ali the opposite of how real estate sales work.

Just say you got screwed on your rentals this time because you didn't do yore homework and you'll come off looking less like a jamoke.

Last edited:

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
I'm hoping Blackstone loses their ass in the rental business.
Same. I could see another period of unrest where it goes viral to damage your rental if it's owned by Blackrock or Blackstone to 'stick it to the man' and just not pay for the back rent or damage. Unfortunately small time landlords would get hurt also.

Icculus

Poster
So again, investors should have known what they were getting into. Thanks for verifying that for us.

Plenty of landlords are unloading rentals around here so we both know that point is litter Ali the opposite of how real estate sales work.

Just say you got screwed on your rentals this time because you didn't do yore homework and you'll come off looking less like a jamoke.
That’s just dumb liberal thinking. By your logic, I guess home owners in Oklahoma should get hurricane insurance. Hey, It could happen!

America 1st

Founder
That’s just dumb liberal thinking. By your logic, I guess home owners in Oklahoma should get hurricane insurance. Hey, It could happen!
It's not liberal at all.

Yore the one going full "libturd" trying to absolve real estate investors of their choices.

If nobody could have seen this coming then the same applies for the renters.

Pick yore poison.

44Bobcats55

Elite
Founder
It’s not the evictions we should worry about it is the foreclosures that are going to rock the RE market. Banks can now foreclose again after more than a year and that is going to flood the market with inventory. Just closed the sale of our lakehouse on the 30th. Timed it perfectly as even the Austin market is softening slightly. Our agent said that the combination of buyer fatigue and people wanting to be settled before school starts has for the first time in a couple of years caused sellers to be more realistic in their expectations. Austin will not have as a many foreclosures because most owners that bought 3 or more years ago still have a ton of equity. They will cash out to dig out or sell before they are foreclosed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom