Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Snow in Pomaria, SC

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
My dad in Briarcliff said it is all ice. But it'll come again this following week. Always amazes me the difference bw mtp and mb with how different the weather can be as close as we are.
I think a lot of it has to do with the waterway. If a storm is coming from inland it will just cut off at the waterway

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
That was after being parked 3 hours. I used a high powered defrost and some crocs to beat the ice off the window shield.
I'm driving a beater w no heat or defrost. I bought a plug in that blows the fuse after 30 min. I started putting a towel on my windshield. I'm not paying used truck pricing. I totaled a tundra 2 yrs ago and let my buddy drive my Tahoe. Doing steel all I need is a beater but boy it has been cold

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I think a lot of it has to do with the waterway. If a storm is coming from inland it will just cut off at the waterway
Absolutely. Down here it is just before Summerville like around Ashley phosphate. Salt air here no accumulation. Other side the have itScreenshot_20220122-131043_Messages.jpg folks 8am

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
About an inch. Sun came out so its all gone now,
Itll get back to shit blackice road this coming week. Yall prob just didn't get as much precipitation (rain/snow)"as other areas. I love your area. Fish cowponds around there from 13-22. Some Fairfield too

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Way too far out to predict, but another storm coming next weekend and there could be more snow in SC. Crazy month...We only had about 2 inches this weekend in Spartanburg, not on the roads though. We had about 7" last weekend, that was fun. My furry ass dog was loving that shit.

20220116_094256.jpg

20220116_063121.jpg

Took this about midway through the storm last weekend before sunrise. Was real pretty before all the tire tracks & footprints.

khael-hawk

One of the Main Maniacs for Sure
Founder
When I was in college I worked nights in a call center doing customer service for MCI. They had a call center in both Cedar Rapids, IA and Greenville, SC. There was a week during holiday break where I got about 80 hours of double pay overtime because all the Greenville calls were routed through Cedar Rapids when the call center there was shut down due to a freak snow storm.

They got like 3 inches or so as I recall, which I understand is a lot of snow when you aren't equipped to remove it.

The shutdown lasted for several days during which time we had 2 separate MAJOR snow storms in Cedar Rapids with snow totals in excess of 3 feet. We generally don't get all that much snow, a good storm might get us 6-10 inches. Every so often you'll see something exceeding a foot but not very commonly. I don't really ever remember getting more snow in a shorter period of time in 50+ years. Of course we had some people not make it into work. We had call queues in the multiple thousands of customers waiting, where everyone you spoke to had been on hold for 90 minutes or more. Lots of miserable conversations.

Top Bottom