Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sick yesterday

mrt

Elite
Around 2pm yesterday I was sitting here feeling pretty good then all of sudden I got light headed. I think it is sinus effecting my screwed up hearing in my right ear. I get vertigo at certain times and most always in cooler weather which sets off that sinus. So far today it was better after a long rest overnight, but for some strange reason my left hip starting hurting me also and I have never had a problem with my hips hurting until now. If it continues I will just chalk it up to another old age bummer. I watched movies most of the night since I went to bed so early. One of the late movies was Wild at Heart with Willem Defoe, Laura Dern, and a few other well known. I love that role Defoe played when he told Nicklaus Cage No Bullets Dummie. He had set him up and planned on shooting him after the robbery was complete. If you haven't ever watched it try to watch for the replay on TCM

mrt

Elite
Thanks for asking , I'm not doing too bad. A slight muscle pull in my left side lower rib cage. The second time this year to do that. It all seems to have happened at the same time, the sinus attack and the muscle pull. I need to sleep like a bat so I can't stretch my arms back over my head feeling for the TV clicker or my night time drinking glass. That has to be when I pulled the muscle again because I haven't done anything that would pull a muscle. It is not as bad as the first time it happened so it will clear up quick. There was a huge fluid sac after that first pull,. common for muscle or tendon injuries. It took two weeks to clear or dry up which is normal. If you ever get a fluid sac they don't recommend you go to a doctor until the second week since they usually do clear up on their own. I'll be good to go by Turkey Day.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Thanks for asking , I'm not doing too bad. A slight muscle pull in my left side lower rib cage. The second time this year to do that. It all seems to have happened at the same time, the sinus attack and the muscle pull. I need to sleep like a bat so I can't stretch my arms back over my head feeling for the TV clicker or my night time drinking glass. That has to be when I pulled the muscle again because I haven't done anything that would pull a muscle. It is not as bad as the first time it happened so it will clear up quick. There was a huge fluid sac after that first pull,. common for muscle or tendon injuries. It took two weeks to clear or dry up which is normal. If you ever get a fluid sac they don't recommend you go to a doctor until the second week since they usually do clear up on their own. I'll be good to go by Turkey Day.
I tweaked one of the lower rib cage muscles about a month ago. Started lifting without warming up too much. It put in on the sidelines for a week or so

mrt

Elite
I tweaked one of the lower rib cage muscles about a month ago. Started lifting without warming up too much. It put in on the sidelines for a week or so
I constantly worry about blood clots since I take a few drugs that can cause an issue if you aren't careful and pay attention to what is going on. I had a good friend that died from a clot and the sad part is he actually went to the emergency room thinking it was a muscle pull since he was painting the inside of his church. They gave him a pain killer and sent him on his way without an x ray and this is with them knowing he had already had a stroke several years earlier that did some slight nerve damage in his face. He got up and went to the church where he worked and parked his van right at the front door which he would never do, not only that he left his laptop laying on the front seat of the van. I figure he was hurting pretty bad and was just trying to get inside. He went in and sat down in his chair and left this earth. At least he was where he wanted to be and who knows maybe he wasn't afraid, I figure that since he never called an ambulance he felt like it was time to go. The guy worked 20 years for the airport authority of Houston and he was stubborn and wanted to wait until he reached SS age before collection that retirement. He never got a damned penny. He had one grown son and no one got a dime. Moral to the story never feel bad asking the emergency room to x ray if you have a muscle pull pain. I have a good ER at this hospital I use locally, they always do x rays if you have something to complain about and ekg if there is any doubt. Two months ago I had blood work done and they told me I was borderline diabetic, but they have never been accurate and or right on their warnings. Since they use an outside contractor to screen blood I don't pay much attention to it. I had coffee the morning before I had blood work and that would be enough to trigger a false reading for anyone 73 years old. They get lazy now and don't request you to not drink anything except water 8 hours prior to blood work because it can swing so fast.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Thurs morning I started feeling rundown and lethargic. Went to bed around 7pm. Took a 12mg ivermectin just in case. Friday morning took another. By Friday afternoon I was back to normal. Hoping it happens same for you

mrt

Elite
Thurs morning I started feeling rundown and lethargic. Went to bed around 7pm. Took a 12mg ivermectin just in case. Friday morning took another. By Friday afternoon I was back to normal. Hoping it happens same for you
Hope you feel better for the week, got real cold weather coming in by end of week. I think it's time for me to get new reading glasses. I am noticing my eyes are giving me a lot of trouble and getting hard to read anything on screen. This week when I shop a new pair of reading glasses is on my list, a 2.75 is the next up and in the past they were always too strong so I never bought those just the 2.50s. The worst is when I first wake up and turn on the computer before the sun is up, after that it gets a bit better later on during the day.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Hope you feel better for the week, got real cold weather coming in by end of week. I think it's time for me to get new reading glasses. I am noticing my eyes are giving me a lot of trouble and getting hard to read anything on screen. This week when I shop a new pair of reading glasses is on my list, a 2.75 is the next up and in the past they were always too strong so I never bought those just the 2.50s. The worst is when I first wake up and turn on the computer before the sun is up, after that it gets a bit better later on during the day.
I'm about to be 49 and I feel like we have too much in common. Haha

Top Bottom