Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCOTUS rules Pennsylvania High School Violated Students Free Speech Rights

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Gotta agree with the 8 here.

The school can't hold to her to standards even when she isn't at school, on school grounds, or at a school function.

It's big for employees as well because anyone who has a contract, that isn't at will, get protections under this.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

Portions of Justice Thomas's dissent

View attachment 28291

I disagree with Thomas. This decision protects students from being kicked out of colleges by the fake woke mobs because they didn’t like a tweet on personal time and not representing the school. I think his position would have caused a lot of issues for conservatives in school. Maybe I’m wrong.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I disagree with Thomas. This decision protects students from being kicked out of colleges by the fake woke mobs because they didn’t like a tweet on personal time and not representing the school. I think his position would have caused a lot of issues for conservatives in school. Maybe I’m wrong.
Im with you on this one. I really like Thomas and usually agree with his opinions, but not on the same page as him here.

America 1st

Founder

Portions of Justice Thomas's dissent

View attachment 28291
Im with you on this one. I really like Thomas and usually agree with his opinions, but not on the same page as him here.
Yeah everyone here knows I love me some BDCT but I agree with you that I just don't see it here.

If anything schools have WAY to much influence and say over student's lives.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Seems like that decision could give all those who have been terminated for things they have said on FB or elsewhere some recourse. Countless people have lost jobs for things said after work hours on their personal FB or other accounts.

Detective John Kimble

Stop whining!
Founder
I think Thomas is an old school, hard core disciplarian type that doesn’t enjoy seeing the cultural rot of our youth. The fact that a teenage girl is tweeting out profanities is probably disgusting to him. I get it. But at the same time, I agree with the sentiment here.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Im trying to find out if a story is true that a NY school put a kid in a broom closet because he didn't want to stand or kneel for blm or some such shit. I've heard this repeated twice on Youtube but haven't actually seen an article for the story or quote from the parent.

America 1st

Founder
Im trying to find out if a story is true that a NY school put a kid in a broom closet because he didn't want to stand or kneel for blm or some such shit. I've heard this repeated twice on Youtube but haven't actually seen an article for the story or quote from the parent.
I'd whoop a mother fucker's ass or die trying.

Top Bottom