Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saudi strikes Air Defense deal with Russia

Oler Ted

Elite

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
They don’t have any f-35’s do they? Hope not, because if they do Russia basically now has one. We do not need a country owning both a f-35 and the S400 it is intended to beat.

Last edited:

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Saudi made this move under the last democratic POTUS as well. They do not want to be beholden to the whims of Congress and POTUS. Their largest concern is Iran, and defending their homeland from the Shia to the East. They are currently encircled by Shia and are not happy about feeling undefended. Hence sending a signal to the US that if you aren't fully with us we will find someone else who is.

They have tried to buy Air Defense systems from the US, were successful, but now it is slowed by congress. Biggest problem they will have is the US will push back on/not allow any Russian made system to get into the data link which provides an Air Picture and so much more.

The Saudi's only have to be better than the Iranians in that part of the world. They are not looking to dominate past their borders (land wise, ideology is another conversation) and they will look to Russia to ensure they don't lose.

mrt

Elite
Russia has already fielded the new S-500 series and are selling all the old shit at low low low prices. Nothing is more fun than watching an S-400 come out of the tube and misfire on second phase. Look's like a bunch of cockroaches scattering by the ground crew before it free falls that 300 feet back into the launch area. ha ha ha

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Saudi made this move under the last democratic POTUS as well. They do not want to be beholden to the whims of Congress and POTUS. Their largest concern is Iran, and defending their homeland from the Shia to the East. They are currently encircled by Shia and are not happy about feeling undefended. Hence sending a signal to the US that if you aren't fully with us we will find someone else who is.

They have tried to buy Air Defense systems from the US, were successful, but now it is slowed by congress. Biggest problem they will have is the US will push back on/not allow any Russian made system to get into the data link which provides an Air Picture and so much more.

The Saudi's only have to be better than the Iranians in that part of the world. They are not looking to dominate past their borders (land wise, ideology is another conversation) and they will look to Russia to ensure they don't lose.
I love reading yore posts.

Maybe the most underrated poster on TFSF.

STMF2X

Elite
Founder
Russia has already fielded the new S-500 series and are selling all the old shit at low low low prices. Nothing is more fun than watching an S-400 come out of the tube and misfire on second phase. Look's like a bunch of cockroaches scattering by the ground crew before it free falls that 300 feet back into the launch area. ha ha ha
Do the misfires happen often? Any idea if the S-500 will detect our stealth any better than the previous version?

mrt

Elite
Do the misfires happen often? Any idea if the S-500 will detect our stealth any better than the previous version?
Stealth won't help the crews attacking the Russia defense, it will be overwhelming force by the US low level at the fringe of the radar coverage. We know we can't take them on high altitude so you wouldn't see it happen. There is a very good plan and probably would even up the score pretty fast but we would lose a lot of aircraft. Drones and cruise missile would probably be the weapons of choice to cut a path. The S-400 is named 400 because it has a range of 400 miles or kilometers. They just make the tubes larger for added fuel load. I think the grand strategy is to let Russia dry up on the vine rather than hit the beaches. Actually I don't think there is a real good chance we would ever go to war with Russia. Now having them join up with another country like Iran and or China is a real possibility. They only have a little over 140 million people so they are numerically already at a disadvantage. Their homeland defense is all mobile, even their aircraft are designed to land on non cement runways because they know the first thing to go is the airfields so they don't invest heavily in fancy large airfields. All their hardware is spread out all over their territory. We have very little left here in the USA after the thieves in congress closed all our bases. I guess in a big war we would have to bunk the troops in our homes like the British did in WWII. They all got rich in real estate sales. Just think, Fort Ord was 90 years old and the largest Infantry training center in the US. Fort Wolters is closed, all the air force bases in the south are gone. I always said for us to win a war we would have to arrest most of our own government and imprison them, these slugs we have today don't have what it takes to win anything. Oh and I have no idea how many misfires they have, but consider they don't waste a lot of money on live fire like we do. When I was in Nike Hercules we had live fire once a year at white sands, of course that was a half a century ago ;0) Oh and when a Herc gets the spark that bastard is down range damned quick, it is so fast on ignition even if it failed it would be a mile or two from the base. It used solid ether motors (4). Only 90 miles but then it was a defense weapon built by Bell Telephone using the latest tube technology and precision machine work to build each guidance computer for each missile, the computers were actually made of metal gears and electro relays mounted in a large aluminum suitcase, easily removed for replacement. Civil Service in Fort Worth took care of any major repairs for our battery and Battalion. The missiles were guided to target by radar that received the input from those computers , they were not a part of the missile itself. I often wonder why they broke up Ma Bell who was a hell of a good defense company. Yet they can't break up something like google or facebook.

Oler Ted

Elite
Stealth won't help the crews attacking the Russia defense, it will be overwhelming force by the US low level at the fringe of the radar coverage. We know we can't take them on high altitude so you wouldn't see it happen. There is a very good plan and probably would even up the score pretty fast but we would lose a lot of aircraft. Drones and cruise missile would probably be the weapons of choice to cut a path. The S-400 is named 400 because it has a range of 400 miles or kilometers. They just make the tubes larger for added fuel load. I think the grand strategy is to let Russia dry up on the vine rather than hit the beaches. Actually I don't think there is a real good chance we would ever go to war with Russia. Now having them join up with another country like Iran and or China is a real possibility. They only have a little over 140 million people so they are numerically already at a disadvantage. Their homeland defense is all mobile, even their aircraft are designed to land on non cement runways because they know the first thing to go is the airfields so they don't invest heavily in fancy large airfields. All their hardware is spread out all over their territory. We have very little left here in the USA after the thieves in congress closed all our bases. I guess in a big war we would have to bunk the troops in our homes like the British did in WWII. They all got rich in real estate sales. Just think, Fort Ord was 90 years old and the largest Infantry training center in the US. Fort Wolters is closed, all the air force bases in the south are gone. I always said for us to win a war we would have to arrest most of our own government and imprison them, these slugs we have today don't have what it takes to win anything. Oh and I have no idea how many misfires they have, but consider they don't waste a lot of money on live fire like we do. When I was in Nike Hercules we had live fire once a year at white sands, of course that was a half a century ago ;0) Oh and when a Herc gets the spark that bastard is down range damned quick, it is so fast on ignition even if it failed it would be a mile or two from the base. It used solid ether motors (4). Only 90 miles but then it was a defense weapon built by Bell Telephone using the latest tube technology and precision machine work to build each guidance computer for each missile, the computers were actually made of metal gears and electro relays mounted in a large aluminum suitcase, easily removed for replacement. Civil Service in Fort Worth took care of any major repairs for our battery and Battalion. The missiles were guided to target by radar that received the input from those computers , they were not a part of the missile itself. I often wonder why they broke up Ma Bell who was a hell of a good defense company. Yet they can't break up something like google or facebook.
Nike Hercules was so fuckin awesome

BigBucnNole

Elite
It’s not Biden, it’s the entrenched beuracrats and dishonest generals

How folks dont see this is beyond me. It's an entrenched group of technocrats and bureaucrats that have at best lost touch. At worst angling for more cash and exclusivity to board rooms.

Oler Ted

Elite
How folks dont see this is beyond me. It's an entrenched group of technocrats and bureaucrats that have at best lost touch. At worst angling for more cash and exclusivity to board rooms.
All the people blaming Trump or Biden for this issue are full blown retards.

The scumbags that’s have been working for the gubment for 20+ years have all worked back room deals with all their business of choice so when they retire with full benefits they can switch to the company they worked all these deals for with a ludicrous salary. And then start leveraging the previous government connections for more back room deals. And on and on and on.

There are good people that work for the government, but the scumbags basically have made it impossible for the government to ever provide good value in any venture.

BigBucnNole

Elite
All the people blaming Trump or Biden for this issue are full blown retards.

The scumbags that’s have been working for the gubment for 20+ years have all worked back room deals with all their business of choice so when they retire with full benefits they can switch to the company they worked all these deals for with a ludicrous salary. And then start leveraging the previous government connections for more back room deals. And on and on and on.

There are good people that work for the government, but the scumbags basically have made it impossible for the government to ever provide good value in any venture.

It’s like the Afghanistan withdrawal. Did we really expect the same fuggin idiots that lied for 20 years about the progress we’ve made, or haven’t made really, and trained whatever sort of “Afghan military that was, to suddenly say “yea the Afghan military sucks”?

I’m no fan of Biden, but both sides blaming the other guy for the exact same reasons is the epitome of NPC’s.

Our problem is an institutional one, not this guy vs that guy.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
It’s the advisors that each admin carries. Susan Rice and Jake Sullivan are fucking incompetent and have a lot of sway. Don’t forget that what POTUS decides goes. This POTUS thinks he is smarter than Obama and you see it in his decision making. Obama would take forever to make a stupid decision. Biden makes it quick.

when we get to Vegas remind me to tell you the brilliant plan Rice came up with to deliver aid to Syrian refugees in the middle of Syria in August of 13

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
I have a feeling jSockie reads this board and has suggested to the dems that they need to level Vegas so we have no place to go to celebrate.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
It’s like the Afghanistan withdrawal. Did we really expect the same fuggin idiots that lied for 20 years about the progress we’ve made, or haven’t made really, and trained whatever sort of “Afghan military that was, to suddenly say “yea the Afghan military sucks”?

I’m no fan of Biden, but both sides blaming the other guy for the exact same reasons is the epitome of NPC’s.

Our problem is an institutional one, not this guy vs that guy.
This is why we need to keep draining the swamp!

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
We used to have an Air Force didn't we. Now we have a gender reassignment service and rehabilitation for heterosexual males that used to like to fly fighter jets.

mrt

Elite
We used to have an Air Force didn't we. Now we have a gender reassignment service and rehabilitation for heterosexual males that used to like to fly fighter jets.
And I once laughed at Tom Cruise acting like a Top Gun pilot when in fact he's so short in real life his feet wouldn't reach the rudder pedals of an F-14. But you're right about what we've become, I think every war a lot of good men died being the first to go to the front or battle and always it was like it is today. WWII had to be the worst we've ever had, we had no tanks, no Infantry and Horse drawn artillery in the opening days of the war. We spent two years shipping everything we had to Britain and France hoping we wouldn't have to commit. Japan threw a wrench into the spokes. I hope people who voted for this slug in our white house suffer more than I do, that's about the best I can do to help. Hopefully they will have holes in their shoes by winter.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
They don’t have any f-35’s do they? Hope not, because if they do Russia basically now has one. We do not need a country owning both a f-35 and the S400 it is intended to beat.
If you don't think this admin will get that shit to China and Russia you aren't paying attn. Every move Biden has made has hurt us and helped those 2. Litter Ali every thing he's done.

mrt

Elite
If you don't think this admin will get that shit to China and Russia you aren't paying attn. Every move Biden has made has hurt us and helped those 2. Litter Ali every thing he's done.
The Russians already have their own stealth fighters. Several new aircraft as a matter of fact. Everyone has them thanks mostly to our own media who can't keep their mouths shut. In WWII they would have been shot or hung. Just like this recent debacle they told the enemy every move we were making. Those guys are laughing at us.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

Oler Ted

Elite
The Russians already have their own stealth fighters. Several new aircraft as a matter of fact. Everyone has them thanks mostly to our own media who can't keep their mouths shut. In WWII they would have been shot or hung. Just like this recent debacle they told the enemy every move we were making. Those guys are laughing at us.
The Russians also have a new low cost single engine fighter that they will be able to mass produce.

Top Bottom