Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robinhood IPO - $38 / Share

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
let them get through their early private investor stock lock up period and see their first financial report.
Meh, think you have to pull the trigger now. By then it may be way higher.

I just bought some at $35.75. Going to set it and forget it. We will see where it is in 3 months.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Amen to that. Not sure when the reckoning will be, but it will come. It will all be relative though, just position yourself well vs the masses.
Yea I only fuck with dividends so I don’t have exposure like most people do on that front.

It’s actually made it pretty easy to find the few that aren’t completely overvalued / aren’t keeping up with the rest of the market so you can get a deal.

Utilities & infrastructure related tend to hedge well against inflation and corrections as well.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Yea I only fuck with dividends so I don’t have exposure like most people do on that front.

It’s actually made it pretty easy to find the few that aren’t completely overvalued / aren’t keeping up with the rest of the market so you can get a deal.

Utilities & infrastructure related tend to hedge well against inflation and corrections as well.
I like utilities and dividends too. The feel safer.
Long haul I like steel mills too. There is nothing as cheap and strong as steel for the next 100+year

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
Everyones thoughts on Robinhood? Probably a buy long term, even though i don't like them as a company. I feel like they sold out during the whole GME thing.

They were fined $65,000,000 by the SEC, the largest fine ever.

One of Robinhood’s primary selling points was that it did not charge its customers trading commissions. In reality, however, “commission free” trading at Robinhood came with a catch: Robinhood’s customers received inferior execution prices compared to what they would have received from Robinhood’s competitors. For larger value orders, this price differential exceeded the amount of commissions that Robinhood’s competitors would have charged. These inferior prices were caused, in large part, by the unusually high fees Robinhood charged the principal trading firms to which it routed its customer orders for the opportunity to obtain Robinhood’s customer order flow. These fees are generally referred to as “payment for order flow.”

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
They were fined $65,000,000 by the SEC, the largest fine ever.

One of Robinhood’s primary selling points was that it did not charge its customers trading commissions. In reality, however, “commission free” trading at Robinhood came with a catch: Robinhood’s customers received inferior execution prices compared to what they would have received from Robinhood’s competitors. For larger value orders, this price differential exceeded the amount of commissions that Robinhood’s competitors would have charged. These inferior prices were caused, in large part, by the unusually high fees Robinhood charged the principal trading firms to which it routed its customer orders for the opportunity to obtain Robinhood’s customer order flow. These fees are generally referred to as “payment for order flow.”

I think Pfof is a sham. Shouldn’t be allowed. But you can’t blame robinhood for that, they are just competing within the rules the SEC defines. I hate the SEC too, they suck

Latest posts

Top Bottom