Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Road Rage

Cletusnow

Made the run from Texarkana to Atlanta
Founder
So today I’m commuting home, 50 minutes one way, and get involved in a situation. While merging onto the interstate I pull in front of a 7 series BMW. No big issue I thought because there was at least 60 feet of space between the two vehicles and I had to merge. So I merge again onto the interstate and the BMW driver comes around me on the left doing maybe 90, and pulls along side and commences a mime routine of expletives and hand gestures. Me, I just give him a stare and keep driving. Well, he pulls in front of me a slams the brakes, and I swerve back into the left lane to miss him. I pass him again and he gets on my bumper. I change lanes a few times and he’s still right behind me. Now I’m thinking ok get the pistol at the ready, but then remember I took it out to clean it over the weekend. Since this guy looks like a street urchin while also driving a 7 series, I’m a little worried. So I call the cops. 911 operator tells me to make an illegal 3 lane change if all clear and ditch onto the next exit. It works and I lose the guy. Dick/pussy move calling the cops? Anyone else ever been through similar?

Juro

Elite
No. If they pull that shit on me, I just hit their car. Call the police and let the guy try to explain his side.

And in the middle of the report, explain your side and say you have a dash cam (actually have one) that recorded the violent behavior and ‘accident.’

Guy gets in trouble, their insurance pays for anything, and he’s paying fines and a higher premium.

You win.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
So today I’m commuting home, 50 minutes one way, and get involved in a situation. While merging onto the interstate I pull in front of a 7 series BMW. No big issue I thought because there was at least 60 feet of space between the two vehicles and I had to merge. So I merge again onto the interstate and the BMW driver comes around me on the left doing maybe 90, and pulls along side and commences a mime routine of expletives and hand gestures. Me, I just give him a stare and keep driving. Well, he pulls in front of me a slams the brakes, and I swerve back into the left lane to miss him. I pass him again and he gets on my bumper. I change lanes a few times and he’s still right behind me. Now I’m thinking ok get the pistol at the ready, but then remember I took it out to clean it over the weekend. Since this guy looks like a street urchin while also driving a 7 series, I’m a little worried. So I call the cops. 911 operator tells me to make an illegal 3 lane change if all clear and ditch onto the next exit. It works and I lose the guy. Dick/pussy move calling the cops? Anyone else ever been through similar?

I had an incident on a city street and this dude jumps out of his truck, ran up to my door and tried to open it. Lucky I saw the whole thing coming and had my doors locked and pistol at the ready. I did end up having to point my pistol at him and telling him to back off. He finally did and went about his way. I ended up pulling over and calling the cops, and waited for them to arrive and talked with them. Nothing more ever came of it though.

thenick_ttu

Elite
Founder
Seriously op time for a backup piece in the car, I keep a super small LCP 380 I can put in my pocket no bigger than a wallet and my normal CC sig p365....

this is good advice. I've gotten to where I go in between those two size and 95% of the time my regular CC is a Ruger LCR in 38 Special. I can stick it in the front pocket of any shorts/pants I wear. Even my basketball type athletic shorts, I can just throw that 38 special in my pocket and be on my way.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
this is good advice. I've gotten to where I go in between those two size and 95% of the time my regular CC is a Ruger LCR in 38 Special. I can stick it in the front pocket of any shorts/pants I wear. Even my basketball type athletic shorts, I can just throw that 38 special in my pocket and be on my way.
This is why I got the LCP-LM (lasermax) makes it almost square so looks almost like a cell phone in my pocket.

Freedom

Poster
I usually have at minimum a gun, knife, and mace on me at all times. You'd be amazed at what you can get away with the 'Stand You Ground' laws. I have heard of people getting shot for just approaching your car in a threatening manner and no charges were ever filed. In the big picture, a road rage is generally not the place to have a dick comparison contest. But be ready for the worst case scenario and think of what if situations ahead of time. Active Self Protection youtube channel has some great examples of road rage occurrences. I have considered in car cameras myself after a guy came into my lane and hit me. We almost got into it on the side of the road but he backed off after I stared him down.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
Was tooling down the interstate going to pick up the wife who had spent a few days with the grandkids. Had the cruise on the Lexus at 80 and I look in the mirror and see a mini van with 3 kids in it driving all over both lanes. They start to pass me and when they get even with me they stay there for a mile or so. They back off and get behind me and follow for a while and then repeat the same shit. This goes on for 10 minutes and the next time they go to pass the kid in the back slides open the door and tosses a few cans out. Thats when I reached over and put my bullpup up on the dash. Never saw em again.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder
but he backed off after I stared him down.

tenor.gif

Peach-head

Poster
Driving through 5 o’clock traffic in atl this week had a guy get pissed at me. Now I drive as fast as I can, usually faster than 90% of the cars around me. At the same time, I use common sense, when traffic is bumper to bumper, changing lanes 20 times doesn’t get you anywhere . Anyways, put on my turn signal to get into the left lane and I’m in the halfway in to it when the guy behind me gets over to skirt around me in the middle of changing lanes. I just kept on going esentially cutting him off. While he’s riding about a foot from my bumper, I brake checked the fuck out of him. He got over in the right lane and sped past me. He’s ahead of me. He’s in the right lane, I’m still in the left lane. All the windows are down on his car. He tried to throw a big gulp me but it all over his car and into the rear window. Honestly one of the most satisfying things I’ve ever whitnessed.

TLDR: people from 1980 are idiots.

Peach-head

Poster
Was tooling down the interstate going to pick up the wife who had spent a few days with the grandkids. Had the cruise on the Lexus at 80 and I look in the mirror and see a mini van with 3 kids in it driving all over both lanes. They start to pass me and when they get even with me they stay there for a mile or so. They back off and get behind me and follow for a while and then repeat the same shit. This goes on for 10 minutes and the next time they go to pass the kid in the back slides open the door and tosses a few cans out. Thats when I reached over and put my bullpup up on the dash. Never saw em again.

Important question: which lane were you cruising at 80 in?

Ghost Hawg

Poster
Founder
Was making a left turn onto another road at an intersection one day and had this asshole who was coming the other direction fail to yield and pull in front of my truck. He then slammed on his breaks and decided to sit in front of me for like 5-10 seconds. I had my Glock 19 by my side waiting for him to get out and try to approach my door but he finally moved on.

Top Bottom