Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remember the Dam thread on the old board? What's up with that dam now?

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Googled it and this is in a different province that doesn’t look to be upriver.

Also it’s China where a bike accident results in 74 fatalities

If gorges breaks tho, Shanghai goes along with most of the world’s pharmaceutical production

Cowboy1stn10

Elite
View attachment 33910
It’s a POS dam. It’s just a matter of when and if they fix it in time
R.55d5b4abb79f6ca6e1102f9f999b78e0

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Can’t find the original tweet, but I remember an expert noticed a new crack and striations along with the loud sound of air pockets escaping the crack.

Everything held on after that, but the left part of the middle of three gorges is pretty fucked

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Can’t find the original tweet, but I remember an expert noticed a new crack and striations along with the loud sound of air pockets escaping the crack.

Everything held on after that, but the left part of the middle of three gorges is pretty fucked

Sounds like China is at least 100 years behind us with dam building, as well as pouring concrete.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
One thing they didn't steal is dam construction procedures.
They have to steal everything because they stifle all creativity. In America an amazing thing we do is recognize and elevate the Bill Gates in the classroom. In China there’s some proverb about not sticking out or whatever so all there great minds never learn to be creative or press their ideas.

This was the greatest feat of Chinese engineering ever and it’s a complete pile of shit.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I find it hard to believe only 12 people have been killed due to flooding and dam collapse given there are 1.5 billion people and many residing near or below their dams. I guess we will have to wait for satellite photos of mass graves like we saw with Wuhan.

Jayhacker

Legendary
Founder
I find it hard to believe only 12 people have been killed due to flooding and dam collapse given there are 1.5 billion people and many residing near or below their dams. I guess we will have to wait for satellite photos of mass graves like we saw with Wuhan.
I usually multiply their numbers by 1000 to make it more realistic. It's usually pretty accurate.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
100 correct. It was sliding. I still believe it'll fail
People don’t understand how catastrophic to the global economy it would be. I didn’t really GAF until I considered that it would be a full doomsday scenario

I think I remember one of the Chinese engineers saying “oh it’s supposed to bend like that.” With a screen name “rebar cock” I bet you’re more well-equipped than I to describe how retarded that statement by the chinaman was

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
People don’t understand how catastrophic to the global economy it would be. I didn’t really GAF until I considered that it would be a full doomsday scenario
That would take down China too. We're destroying our own and letting China help now. If ours goes down theirs needs to go down too.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

I think I remember one of the Chinese engineers saying “oh it’s supposed to bend like that.” With a screen name “rebar cock” I bet you’re more well-equipped than I to describe how retarded that statement by the chinaman was
Yeah assuming those pics weren't doctored they got lucky. They may continue to get lucky but not forever. Buildings and dams are built to expand and contract but not on a scale like what was shownthink more seasonal temperature differences. Iirc that dam failing would take out 60%or more of their population and 95% of production. That is was when I realized what a national security issue we have relying on xina for anything. I'm having trouble finding dog treats not from China. Started making my own shit for me and my hound.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
That would take down China too. We're destroying our own and letting China help now. If ours goes down theirs needs to go down too.
They are v resilient to these types of things. Massive die offs due to foooding have been around in the mainland forever.

However, what the US isn’t resilient against us pharmaceuticals going up at astronomic rates and people dying without medicine. Not that we can’t tolerate it, but it’s a much more trying issue

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Yeah assuming those pics weren't doctored they got lucky. They may continue to get lucky but not forever. Buildings and dams are built to expand and contract but not on a scale like what was shownthink more seasonal temperature differences. Iirc that dam failing would take out 60%or more of their population and 95% of production. That is was when I realized what a national security issue we have relying on xina for anything. I'm having trouble finding dog treats not from China. Started making my own shit for me and my hound.
I remember them saying “we use stretchy concrete”

…which would explain all the cracks in the middle with water spitting out

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
They are v resilient to these types of things. Massive die offs due to foooding have been around in the mainland forever.

However, what the US isn’t resilient against us pharmaceuticals going up at astronomic rates and people dying without medicine. Not that we can’t tolerate it, but it’s a much more trying issue
But, but, but, Wuhan jabs are supposed to protect us against every malady know to man and some from wet markets.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
But, but, but, Wuhan jabs are supposed to protect us against every malady know to man and some from wet markets.
This may be unpopular, and some of you may be furious, but if you NEED big pharma to survive, than in any other era you would have been dead years ago and you should be grateful for what time you had when that well runs dry

Nayat

Elite
I’m interested to see how the CCCP spins these floods. Traditionally, the ability to rule Chinese people depends on the divine right to do so. Divine Providence of disapproval, or time for a change also presents itself by flooding. IIRC all major political upheaval and dynasty changes correlate to major historical flooding. Did God/s revoke their right to be in power, or do they start throwing low level government employees to the wolves claiming corruption?

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
This may be unpopular, and some of you may be furious, but if you NEED big pharma to survive, than in any other era you would have been dead years ago and you should be grateful for what time you had when that well runs dry
Then bring production back to the US or at least Puerto Rico where it was before moving it to China. I've actually gone back to pre-antibiotic remedies for several things and they work surprisingly well. Fortunately, I'm old enough to have witnessed these remedies. I personally think we, Americans, are vastly over prescribed with drugs and could probably be healthier without much of what is being shoveled or injected into us.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Then bring production back to the US or at least Puerto Rico where it was before moving it to China. I've actually gone back to pre-antibiotic remedies for several things and they work surprisingly well. Fortunately, I'm old enough to have witnessed these remedies. I personally think we, Americans, are vastly over prescribed with drugs and could probably be healthier without much of what is being shoveled or injected into us.
Agree with you. Especially with depression or mental health meds where they talk and talk about neurotransmitters before prescribing you something, despite not doing any tests of those neurotransmitter levels…

Doctors these days are basically politicians in white coats. It’s sad

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Doctors don't have time to treat patients and become familiar with all the drugs being pushed by Big Pharma salesmen. They rely on what the rep says but rarely read the poop sheets coming with the drugs. Hell, I barely have time to read the few that are in my prescriptions. Doctors have less time. I've had to tell my MD that the new drug they wanted to give me reacted negatively with one I was already taking. Of course, I learned to be vigilant with reading all of the poop sheet before filling or taking a prescription for something I haven't taken or am unfamiliar with. This was after having an anaphylactic reaction. I really don't like doctors sending prescription electronically to pharmacies. I am old fashioned and want a paper prescription especially for a new pill. I don't like it but will let them send an electronic prescription on a refill.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Sounds like China is at least 100 years behind us with dam building, as well as pouring concrete.
I just posted a video of some of those ghost cities that china built. They use some weird shit for strength in their concrete. It looked like fucking cardboard that had been wet then dried out. The concrete was just falling off of buildings less than 20 years old.

Unreal that these people are building half the shit in the world right now.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
I just posted a video of some of those ghost cities that china built. They use some weird shit for strength in their concrete. It looked like fucking cardboard that had been wet then dried out. The concrete was just falling off of buildings less than 20 years old.

Unreal that these people are building half the shit in the world right now.

Is it like Interpol law or something that everyone in Europe needs to wear a gay motorcycle leather jacket

madman71

Keeper of the Cheese
Founder
You can thank Rockefeller for that. This part of the video deals with it specifically, but the whole thing is worth watching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom