Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RE: Russian invasion of Ukaine

SEEXPAT

Poster
It is tragic that countries such as Ukraine get swallowed up in geopolitical chess games. The United States may profess many things, but what they do best is
destabilize political situations as in the middle east, Libya and now Ukraine. For many years now Putin has been very civil in international relations. Things started to go wrong when he realized that the United States regarded Russia as an enemy and was building radar defenses in Poland and other Eastern European coutries, ostensibly to monitor Iranian airspace. He was somewhat suspicious about this; but when Ukraine was approached to join Nato and Russia rebuffed, he realized the strategy was to take out the naval station in Crimea, and surround Russia with missiles. So firstly, he grabbed the Crimea. This is reasonable given American subterfuge. Next the eastern regions--if Ukraine was polarizing, ethnic Russian minorities would have a problem as all minorities do. This was not the idea in breaking up the Soviet Union. So naturally he supports Russian ethnic minorites in Ukraine as the British support ethnic minorities in their countries and so forth.
Finally, his most important point was he didn't want missiles in the Baltic and Eastern European countries that could reach Moscow in 5 minutes. That seems like a very responsible position. But the United States is saying is that they have the right to position missles anywhere they wish; they have the right to overthrow countries they deem undemocratic, they have the right to interfere with political parties and so forth. It is clearly an imperialistic vision that Russian leadership will reject forever. Of course, Putin's economic policies were disastrous and he should really be looking for a successor that can bring a real representative government into fruition as well as better economic conditions--no invasionary force can do that.
In the meantime, you see the US could easily have agreed to his reasonable terms. But they would rather shed blood over terminology.

TFSF

Administrator
Administrator
It is tragic that countries such as Ukraine get swallowed up in geopolitical chess games. The United States may profess many things, but what they do best is
destabilize political situations as in the middle east, Libya and now Ukraine. For many years now Putin has been very civil in international relations. Things started to go wrong when he realized that the United States regarded Russia as an enemy and was building radar defenses in Poland and other Eastern European coutries, ostensibly to monitor Iranian airspace. He was somewhat suspicious about this; but when Ukraine was approached to join Nato and Russia rebuffed, he realized the strategy was to take out the naval station in Crimea, and surround Russia with missiles. So firstly, he grabbed the Crimea. This is reasonable given American subterfuge. Next the eastern regions--if Ukraine was polarizing, ethnic Russian minorities would have a problem as all minorities do. This was not the idea in breaking up the Soviet Union. So naturally he supports Russian ethnic minorites in Ukraine as the British support ethnic minorities in their countries and so forth.
Finally, his most important point was he didn't want missiles in the Baltic and Eastern European countries that could reach Moscow in 5 minutes. That seems like a very responsible position. But the United States is saying is that they have the right to position missles anywhere they wish; they have the right to overthrow countries they deem undemocratic, they have the right to interfere with political parties and so forth. It is clearly an imperialistic vision that Russian leadership will reject forever. Of course, Putin's economic policies were disastrous and he should really be looking for a successor that can bring a real representative government into fruition as well as better economic conditions--no invasionary force can do that.
In the meantime, you see the US could easily have agreed to his reasonable terms. But they would rather shed blood over terminology.
This sounds like Russian propaganda. I'm glad a member of Russian State Media joined TFSF. Let's just blame the USA for everything and forget about the land grab by the totalitarian Putin. What an idiot @SEEXPAT.

grimm515

Elite
Founder
I started taking Putin seriously when I realized he shutdown adoptions to the United States in 2000 due to the scourge of human trafficking that lies in the US underbelly.

He's not a "good" guy per se. But neither are we.
He's not, but he is transparent with his intentions. I would take Putin over Biden, and that's saying something.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
This sounds like Russian propaganda. I'm glad a member of Russian State Media joined TFSF. Let's just blame the USA for everything and forget about the land grab by the totalitarian Putin. What an idiot @SEEXPAT.
This was my first thought when I read what he wrote.....but it is exactly what the Russians/Putin are thinking and could have come straight out of my Air War College class on Russia.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
I started taking Putin seriously when I realized he shutdown adoptions to the United States in 2000 due to the scourge of human trafficking that lies in the US underbelly.

He's not a "good" guy per se. But neither are we.
Putin cut off the adoptions in 2012/2013 time period when the Russian kid got passed between two shitty households and then died. There was no understanding in Russia why the adopters were not punished right away. Had a very long conversation with a Russian couple at our Embassy in Moscow about it. A group of us were explaining the American justice system and that Americans were just as outraged at the couples as the Russians were. They wanted firing squads right away, so did we, but that isn't how our justice system works.

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
We funded and started a coup that got Ukraines President thrown out of office and put a pro Nato/US president in office. Then the dnc, state dept and politicians started using Ukraine as a piggy bank. Now they want poor kids in America to go over there and die so Nancy and Joe can keep making million$

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator
OP’s content makes sense now… He’s from China.

Latest posts

Top Bottom