Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question about Ron Desantis

Is Ron Desantis the future face of the GOP or is it someone else?

• Ron Desantis is the future

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • Ron isn’t the future but he excites me

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Ron isn’t the future

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JD Vance is the future

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’m not excited about Ron or any other 2028 candidates so far

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
Is he a little too robotic, or otherwise a little too Mitten Romney like, to be the future of the GOP? Mittens was overly predicable and too “by the script” for most of middle America.

Ron certainly has plenty of support for that #2 / Pittman sort of role / guy right now.

That be said is he a little too bland, predicatable, and otherwise unexceptional as some on the right have postulated?

Last edited:

skramer100

Elite
Founder
Bland? He took on Disney. He is currently putting into law teaching the horrors of communism. Guy is not bland, he is just tactful about it. I love what Trump tried to do but the guy is way too much about himself. DeSantis is perfect. Like the earlier poster, I hate losing 2 years of him as governor but Florida ain't gonna matter much if the country keeps going the way it is.

Bland? He took on Disney. He is currently putting into law teaching the horrors of communism. Guy is not bland, he is just tactful about it. I love what Trump tried to do but the guy is way too much about himself. DeSantis is perfect. Like the earlier poster, I hate losing 2 years of him as governor but Florida ain't gonna matter much if the country keeps going the way it is.
Some would argue taking on Disney is targeting the low hangin fruit.

Sure Disney put their foot in their own mouth be commenting on a social issue but it’s not like the American public, at large, looks at Desantis as some sort of white knight for bullying Disney.

skramer100

Elite
Founder

Sure Disney put their foot in their own mouth be commenting on a social issue but it’s not like the American public, at large, looks at Desantis as some sort of white knight for bullying Disney.
Dude, living in Florida for the last 27 years, taking on Disney is a monster deal. They have run this state for 50 years. It is like taking down the Yankees in NYC. And the American Public doesn't look at him that way because they don't know him Floridians love him.

Dude, living in Florida for the last 27 years, taking on Disney is a monster deal. They have run this state for 50 years. It is like taking down the Yankees in NYC. And the American Public doesn't look at him that way because they don't know him Floridians love him.
As a Florida native myself I’ve considered the topic closely, especially, when trying to take into account my own bias.

Personally, I fall somewhere in the middle of low hanging fruit vs. rock star stuff on this topic. I think it’s an easy play towards the base while a few moderates will be turned of by it. Probably a net zero in the grand scheme of things.

As far as Americans not knowing him at this point I think that’s kind of a stretch. You’d have to live under a rock to not know who Ron is currently. I definitely think Ron polls better in the SEC than other parts of the country based on familiarity which could be a double edged sword in the future. His Texas and Florida #s will likely be hard to square with his Midwest and Northeast #s in the future.

TJHall1

Legendary
As a Florida native myself I’ve considered the topic closely, especially, when trying to take into account my own bias.

Personally, I fall somewhere in the middle of low hanging fruit vs. rock star stuff on this topic. I think it’s an easy play towards the base while a few moderates will be turned of by it. Probably a net zero in the grand scheme of things.

As far as Americans not knowing him at this point I think that’s kind of a stretch. You’d have to live under a rock to bot know who Ron is currently. I definitely think Ron polls better in the SEC than other parts of the country based on familiarity which could be a double edged sword in the future. His Texas and Florida #s will likely be hard to square with his Midwest and Northeast #s in the future.
Everyone I know in the Midwest loves the guy.

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
Y'all know this is just @Pfizer1st with a new handle. He trashed DeSantis constantly then, he is doin same schtick now only trying to be subtle. If you wanted a fresh start because you were an idiot that alienated everyone, you shouldn't have used a handle so close to your prior one. And definitely leave DeSantis topics to real Floridians not Ohioans.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder

I really feel like these are your thoughts and opinions only. Bc what you have said to this point seems very cynical, and not at all a collective thought.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder

As far as Americans not knowing him at this point I think that’s kind of a stretch. You’d have to live under a rock to not know who Ron is currently. I definitely think Ron polls better in the SEC than other parts of the country based on familiarity which could be a double edged sword in the future. His Texas and Florida #s will likely be hard to square with his Midwest and Northeast #s in the future.
See again here is what youre missing. Hes not playing "sides" he actually is sticking to the people of our state. Nothing to do with low hanging fruit (doesnt even make sense) or trying to appease anybody. Hes doing his job to the letter of the constitution. Ron is a local to me and has always been like this. Fair and for the people.

Taggart

Elite
Founder
Y'all know this is just @Pfizer1st with a new handle. He trashed DeSantis constantly then, he is doin same schtick now only trying to be subtle. If you wanted a fresh start because you were an idiot that alienated everyone, you shouldn't have used a handle so close to your prior one. And definitely leave DeSantis topics to real Floridians not Ohioans.
Agree. At least he isn't doing that stupid ass misspelling now, which makes his posts at least readable.

See again here is what youre missing. Hes not playing "sides" he actually is sticking to the people of our state. Nothing to do with low hanging fruit (doesnt even make sense) or trying to appease anybody. Hes doing his job to the letter of the constitution. Ron is a local to me and has always been like this. Fair and for the people.
Targeting the largest business in our state because he doesn’t agree with their opinions on social issues is pretty cringeworthy. How is that sticking with the people of our state?

This sort is stuff appeals to a small sliver of the base at best.

Most Republican voters, like myself, see this as lazy policy and likely a dangerous precedent. Disney’s speech shouldn’t be open to government retaliation just because we don’t like what they have to say.

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
Targeting the largest business in our state because he doesn’t agree with their opinions on social issues is pretty cringeworthy. How is that sticking with the people of our state?

This sort is stuff appeals to a small sliver of the base at best.

Most Republican voters, like myself, see this as lazy policy and likely a dangerous precedent. Disney’s speech shouldn’t be open to government retaliation just because we don’t like what they have to say.
Shut the fuck up you fake fucking jackass

Top Bottom