Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Programming Thread

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Nothing remote that Im aware of. I talked to the guy about opening a franchise because i liked the idea so much. My area is already claimed so it wasn't going to work out. Could be a good fit in Huntsville, seems like all those smart people would want their kids to learn to code.
I was surprised that there wasn’t one here already

BigBucnNole

Elite
Awesome dude. I knew you were a political analyst (or something like that)

That’s how I work to. I fuckin hate writing software, but I am good at writing algorithms. I pass the algos to the software guys

I'm an economic consultant but my background is policy.

Part of your sales pitch in my world is access to certain softwares. REMI is a big one, but that cost on order of 30k plus a month. But you still need some base to feed it, which is where I come in with the R programs.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I'm an economic consultant but my background is policy.

Part of your sales pitch in my world is access to certain softwares. REMI is a big one, but that cost on order of 30k plus a month. But you still need some base to feed it, which is where I come in with the R programs.
Thinking back I remember us having part of this conversation. I forget shit - I chalk it up to years of drug abuse when I was younger

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

BigBucnNole

Elite
Thinking back I remember us having part of this conversation. I forget shit - I chalk it up to years of drug abuse when I was younger

It's an enjoyable field that has the ability to drive you to drug abuse.

After working on the outside for a number of years now, I'll never go back into the fast paced underpaid world of legislative process.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It's an enjoyable field that has the ability to drive you to drug abuse.

After working on the outside for a number of years now, I'll never go back into the fast paced underpaid world of legislative process.
Yeah I did the government thing about 10 years. Worked for a small contractor for a couple years and about to go to work for a much bigger contractor

BigBucnNole

Elite
Yeah I did the government thing about 10 years. Worked for a small contractor for a couple years and about to go to work for a much bigger contractor

Its nice now because I can rotate my time between being at the office or the house. At the house I'll blast some music by the pool, grab a beer and start coding for a few hours.

Like I'm doing right now.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Its nice now because I can rotate my time between being at the office or the house. At the house I'll blast some music by the pool, grab a beer and start coding for a few hours.

Like I'm doing right now.
Zero remote work at my new place. I’ve been stuck at the house for a while, so I’ll be glad to get out. But I’ll prob miss the option in just a couple months

Top Bottom