Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Practical prepping

Crich73

Poster
I wanted to drop this off for anyone interested. Ive watched the doomsday preppers show on TV, and while i find it interesting, i also find it not practical since i live in a suburb of LA.

I stumbled on this channel on YouTube and found it much more applicable to my life. Anyways, ive been watching different videos and decided to attach it to help anyone whose interested.

Crich73

Poster
I havent been in this forum for some time and decided to post without looking at other threads. Looks like i was behind everyone on this board.

Originally was going to post this on tMb but didn't want to put up with all the shit posting that comes with threads like this. I've reconsidered in the event it might help someone over there.

Glad to see so many who have clear eyes!

Rube Reaper

Elite
Explain what poppers are to me. I've heard the term a few times, but seemed to miss the trend growing up. Is it nitrous?

I wanted to drop this off for anyone interested. Ive watched the doomsday preppers show on TV, and while i find it interesting, i also find it not practical since i live in a suburb of LA.

I stumbled on this channel on YouTube and found it much more applicable to my life. Anyways, ive been watching different videos and decided to attach it to help anyone whose interested.

Fantastic video. Thanks for linking that.

Crich73

Poster
Fantastic video. Thanks for linking that.

This guys channel is extremely helpful for newbs who want to start a low key prep. GF doesnt like talking about this stuff, but she does have a gun and when we went to the local sports store we were looking at riffles.

I want to start storing food and other basic supplies but she has so much crap at her place. We would have to throw away furniture given to her by her folks and a bunch of other junk around the house.

I recommend watching other videos this guy has put together.

Old Glory

Legendary
Founder
This guys channel is extremely helpful for newbs who want to start a low key prep. GF doesnt like talking about this stuff, but she does have a gun and when we went to the local sports store we were looking at riffles.

I want to start storing food and other basic supplies but she has so much crap at her place. We would have to throw away furniture given to her by her folks and a bunch of other junk around the house.

I recommend watching other videos this guy has put together.
He has a load of great videos, I've watched his channel for a while.

@Nape had a good post from the fraggle thread:

—Many countries and companies that buy dollar denominated commodities have plenty of dollars and treasuries in reserve. If the dollar isn’t the reserve currency that built in demand sites up. Bad for treasuries and the dollar.

—I’m invested in real estate, commodities (the kind that if they fell on your toe it would hurt), and a highly diversified stock portfolio. I’m all out of interest rate sensitive instruments.

—I would have 6 months of food at your disposal. I bought another deep freezer and it’s full of pork, fish, venison, beef, and chicken. The other freezer has plenty of meant and veg that I’ve previously frozen. BE SURE to invest in a vacuum sealer. Things last much longer in the freezer when vacuum sealed.

—batteries, candles, canned veg/fruit, generator.

—have a place to go away from the turmoil that is sure to come. Suburban Chicago will get overrun if the shit hits the fan. Those without will go in search of those with.

—real estate, mainly residential, should be OK for a while. If things go really off the rails it could be a real mess.

Top Bottom