Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Poll: Electric chair or Firing Squad - choose how you die

How are you going out?

• Electric Chair

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Firing Squad

Votes: 40 90.9%

• Total voters

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
I’ve watched lots of documentaries on this subject and among those that actually commit sentences it’s believed Electric Chair is actually the most humane

They hit you with a voltage that your brain can’t even get the pain signals to generate before your brain is overloaded and dead.

The movies always made it look worse than it is(Green Mile Especially) but in the modern era you’re dead immediatley if done right

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I’ve watched lots of documentaries on this subject and among those that actually commit sentences it’s believed Electric Chair is actually the most humane

They hit you with a voltage that your brain can’t even get the pain signals to generate before your brain is overloaded and dead.

The movies always made it look worse than it is(Green Mile Especially) but in the modern era you’re dead immediatley if done right

That is probably true. I'd say a good shot with about any rifle round through the heart would be pretty quick too, if not instant. I bet you'd lose consciousness within a second or two.

firing-squad-gif-6.gif

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
That is probably true. I'd say a good shot with about any rifle round through the heart would be pretty quick too, if not instant. I bet you'd lose consciousness within a second or two.

firing-squad-gif-6.gif
You’re relying on the accuracy of other people and the way they do it isn’t like this Gif(at least in Utah where it was legal up to like 2005)

They only get 5 guys with rifles with 4 bullets and one blank(so each guy can assume they may have not killed the guy)

Crazier things have happened than people surviving 4 rifle rounds to the chest

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
You’re relying on the accuracy of other people and the way they do it isn’t like this Gif(at least in Utah where it was legal up to like 2005)

They only get 5 guys with rifles with 4 bullets and one blank(so each guy can assume they may have not killed the guy)

You'd hope 1 of 4 could hit the heart from close range on a still target with a rifle...but I sure don't trust the government, or prison system, to hire anyone halfway worth a shit for that job, so you are probably correct. The chair is probably more reliable for a quick death.

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
You'd hope 1 of 4 could hit the heart from close range on a still target with a rifle...but I sure don't trust the government, or prison system, to hire anyone halfway worth a shit for that job, so you are probably correct. The chair is probably more reliable for a quick death.
I think they only did one firing squad execution in like 90 years before they got rid of it. Some crazy biker found some legal loophole that he could still request it and that’s how they chose to carry out

If they could do a headshot I would take that easily over electric, but getting chest shot I don’t think you avoid the momentary pain impulse even if they pulverize your heart with those 4 bullets

Edit: also to play devils advocate against myself, nothing seems worse than a botched electric chair, but I’m not sure that’s even happened since the 1800s

Edit: I was wrong

Last edited:

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
1621288940005.png
Source of a Stanford Study. Statistically those are the two with the least botches, but firing squad has a very small sample size

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I think they only did one firing squad execution in like 90 years before they got rid of it. Some crazy biker found some legal loophole that he could still request it and that’s how they chose to carry out

If they could do a headshot I would take that easily over electric, but getting chest shot I don’t think you avoid the momentary pain impulse even if they pulverize your heart with those 4 bullets

Edit: also to play devils advocate against myself, nothing seems worse than a botched electric chair, but I’m not sure that’s even happened since the 1800s

Edit: I was wrong

Anybody who reads your link and still chooses the chair is insane.

"Allen Lee Davis, 1999: The last Florida inmate executed using the electric chair, Davis was convicted of killing a woman and her two children. During his execution, blood poured from his face onto his shirt, and he was alive for about 10 minutes after executioners pulled the plug."

"Jesse Joseph Tafero, 1990: During his execution via the electric chair, Tafero's head erupted into flames, and it took three shocks for him to stop breathing. Tafero, who was accused of shooting and killing two law enforcement officers, was later found to be innocent."

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

You know what is funny about that video? Some of the nazi bastards missed his ass! LOL!

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Anybody who reads your link and still chooses the chair is insane.

"Allen Lee Davis, 1999: The last Florida inmate executed using the electric chair, Davis was convicted of killing a woman and her two children. During his execution, blood poured from his face onto his shirt, and he was alive for about 10 minutes after executioners pulled the plug."

"Jesse Joseph Tafero, 1990: During his execution via the electric chair, Tafero's head erupted into flames, and it took three shocks for him to stop breathing. Tafero, who was accused of shooting and killing two law enforcement officers, was later found to be innocent."
Yeah those were brutal ones. The stats are good and the qualitative aspects are better in terms of like amount of pain you feel, but Jesus Christ could you even imagine one of those poor souls(I use this term loosely they both would have been tortured in the 1800s no questions asked)

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Lethal Injection also seems bad because they can’t get like a qualified nurse in there or someone that is well practiced at doing the IV

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
Yea I never understood how you fvck up a lethal injection. Put someone to sleep the give the hot dose. Seems pretty basic
IIRC ethical issues preclude any medical personel from doing it, or at least it used to in its infancy.

Also veins are hard as fuck to hit sometimes there is an art to it

JordanPetersHorn

Founder
They let people at Walgreen's and elsewhere give injections. Are they qualified?
Yes because “primum non nocere” or “first do not harm” is followed there which broadens the spectrum of medical personnel available

It’s a massive issue to get those personnel to violate their primary ethical dictate that they all follow and do the opposite by killing the person

Latest posts

Top Bottom