Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pointless Story- weekend door to door solicitation

Saturday at 12:30 pm I get a knock at the door just as I’m settling into a thrilling softball game on tv. I see the silhouette of a small female so I assume it is a neighbor. Otherwise I let the barking scare off the solicitor.
To my chagrin it is a pest control sales girl. She was way too attractive to be selling pest service.

so she gets into her pitch complete with an iPad with pictures of all the various bugs that will kill me. She is high energy and is leading me into answers. She takes full control right away.
Eventually she gives me an opening after saying there are ants inside the walls of my house. I say “how do I know they are there? Hard to get me scared of something I can’t see”. She doesn’t flinch. “Oh they are there and I just treated Alan Smith down the street for this exact problem”. I tell her I’m not interested.

she keeps selling. Starts talking about earwigs. I cut her off with “look, I’m not gonna buy. Sorry”.

she then gets into pricing. I summarize her breakdown since she quoted per month and they only treat quarterly. Again, I tell her thanks but no thanks “I’m trying to watch this softball game”

She then goes straight into scheduling “I have openings next week and I can put you down”.

I tell her “look, I’m good..” she cuts me off “everybody’s good...” that comeback really caught me off guard. I started questioning what reality I was in.

finally I said “I respect you. You have a tough job. If I had a sales position I would offer you”. That got her to leave.

I was a little high, and had a tie dye Bucees shirt on so maybe she thought she could trick me into signing up. But I’ve never been in such a high pressure sales moment. She would not take no for
An answer standing at my front door.

after this was over, my mind started racing. Was she a sp0ok? Was she casing my house? Was she on coke/adderall?

anyhoo, really threw my off and I ended up drinking through the anxiety and passing out twice Saturday for a nice little weekend.

Srufiopunk28

Poster
Did she show up on a hover board? We've got the Bug Bro's here who ride around neighborhoods on their little hover boards and are super aggressive in their sales technique. Think the company is called Aptive. Dude was pitching hard to me and mid pitch his board died and collapsed into one of my beds. Fucker made this hilarious power down noise and it was hard to take him seriously afterwards. He lost complete control of his pitch.

poke2001

Poster
Founder
Saturday at 12:30 pm I get a knock at the door just as I’m settling into a thrilling softball game on tv. I see the silhouette of a small female so I assume it is a neighbor. Otherwise I let the barking scare off the solicitor.
To my chagrin it is a pest control sales girl. She was way too attractive to be selling pest service.

so she gets into her pitch complete with an iPad with pictures of all the various bugs that will kill me. She is high energy and is leading me into answers. She takes full control right away.
Eventually she gives me an opening after saying there are ants inside the walls of my house. I say “how do I know they are there? Hard to get me scared of something I can’t see”. She doesn’t flinch. “Oh they are there and I just treated Alan Smith down the street for this exact problem”. I tell her I’m not interested.

she keeps selling. Starts talking about earwigs. I cut her off with “look, I’m not gonna buy. Sorry”.

she then gets into pricing. I summarize her breakdown since she quoted per month and they only treat quarterly. Again, I tell her thanks but no thanks “I’m trying to watch this softball game”

She then goes straight into scheduling “I have openings next week and I can put you down”.

I tell her “look, I’m good..” she cuts me off “everybody’s good...” that comeback really caught me off guard. I started questioning what reality I was in.

finally I said “I respect you. You have a tough job. If I had a sales position I would offer you”. That got her to leave.

I was a little high, and had a tie dye Bucees shirt on so maybe she thought she could trick me into signing up. But I’ve never been in such a high pressure sales moment. She would not take no for

after this was over, my mind started racing. Was she a sp0ok? Was she casing my house? Was she on coke/adderall?

anyhoo, really threw my off and I ended up drinking through the anxiety and passing out twice Saturday for a nice little weekend.
Pest control door to door is the worst, right up there with alarm companies. I had a guy come up this weekend while I was working in the garage. Same basic sales pitch, but I asked if their treatment would get rid of door to door sales people. He did not have a comeback for that, chuckled a bit and walked off.

Pest control door to door is the worst, right up there with alarm companies. I had a guy come up this weekend while I was working in the garage. Same basic sales pitch, but I asked if their treatment would get rid of door to door sales people. He did not have a comeback for that, chuckled a bit and walked off.

I had a solar dude knock a few months back offering “net metering”. I said “I don’t want solar panels or a solar lease”. He was like “this is different”. I told him I would search net metering and come find him if I was interested. Turns out it means solar panels. He came back and I let the dog answer

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
<----owns 2 pest control companies. We don't do any of this type of marketing but many do. They stop at my door and leave cards or start their pitch. Suggestion, ask if they have a permit to walk the streets soliciting? My town requires a permit to go door to door or drop off leaflets.

The ones I hate are those who call wanting to buy my house. They also send letters and postcards. Or the guys who call and say they will have roof inspectors in the neighborhood tomorrow and want to walk on my roof.

<----owns 2 pest control companies. We don't do any of this type of marketing but many do. They stop at my door and leave cards or start their pitch. Suggestion, ask if they have a permit to walk the streets soliciting? My town requires a permit to go door to door or drop off leaflets.

The ones I hate are those who call wanting to buy my house. They also send letters and postcards. Or the guys who call and say they will have roof inspectors in the neighborhood tomorrow and want to walk on my roof.

the solicitation at my home is annoying but I get it if you are a small business just trying to find a cost efficient way to get your name out there The refusal of my rejection is what got me. Respect that you are a guest on my property when I decline your services. Now I’m gonna trash her and her company when I’m talking with my neighbors.

poke2001

Poster
Founder

My preference on pest control is small business. I don’t recall any small businesses going door to door with the high pressure approach. The second a sales person argues with me, I’m out.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
My preference on pest control is small business. I don’t recall any small businesses going door to door with the high pressure approach. The second a sales person argues with me, I’m out.
In my area it's the mid-size companies. Orkin, Terminix and Massey send direct mail or are on TV. It's the companies that are running 3-10 trucks that do this. I've been known to leave a business card on the houses next to or across the street to the one I'm treating but never a whole neighborhood.

poke2001

Poster
Founder
In my area it's the mid-size companies. Orkin, Terminix and Massey send direct mail or are on TV. It's the companies that are running 3-10 trucks that do this. I've been known to leave a business card on the houses next to or across the street to the one I'm treating but never a whole neighborhood.
Where do you operate?

PawPower1981

I love those 👩🏻‍🦰
Founder

Terminix is way overpriced, Massey doesn’t even use chemicals and Orkin I’m not sure about

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Terminix is way overpriced, Massey doesn’t even use chemicals and Orkin I’m not sure about
I used to do specialty sub-contract work for both Terminix and Orkin. They'd always take my invoice and double it to their customer. Massey entered the DFW market when they purchased a friend's company for several million $$. All I know of them is their commercials but I knew they pitched IPM (integrated pest management) in all their commercials. Trust me, they use chemicals because some critters can't be killed without some chemical being used.

CBradSmith

Elite
Founder

Well, did you fuck her?

Pics or GTFO!

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Those chemicals harmful to back yard pets?
Dont allow cats on ot while wet or they will die. Once dried it is ok no problem.
Otherwise it is all ok for mammals.
The bifen is for fleas and ticks.
Permytherin is for roaches ants
termites (kinda as preventantive)
The permytherin is what they sell to run down your dogs back and charge you 20.00 bucks for. Go to feed amd seed and followbdirections

1fluid oz to a gallon i think fpr both but read the fuck ING directions bc im a got damn tardobot

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder

You need those kinda drugs to do that kinda sales. You’re basically just taught to ignore all emotions and signs of apprehension and push for a next meeting immediatley since “statistically” that get sales.

All of sales needs a massive reform too many morons have made a career out of it and there’s so much misinformation about what actually are good marketing and sales tactics

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder

Bro...pest control ain’t got shit on the Kirby (Vacuum) door to door people. Those fuckers cleaned multiple rooms then proceeded to pour shit on my rugs....to demonstrate their product. 3-1/2 hours of fucking with my wife (she falls for the sob shit) I come down and just look at them and say. We’re leaving for dinner now so you gotta go.....

They got so pissed....they asked for the 2 liter Coke back that they gave her to let them demonstrate. 🤣😂🖕

You need those kinda drugs to do that kinda sales. You’re basically just taught to ignore all emotions and signs of apprehension and push for a next meeting immediatley since “statistically” that get sales.

All of sales needs a massive reform too many morons have made a career out of it and there’s so much misinformation about what actually are good marketing and sales tactics

yeah I think this is spot on. I’ve dealt with software sales guys and gals on the phone and this is their strategy. I let one string me along to a follow up meeting and then I caught on. Just gotta make it awkward and tell then I don’t wanna waste anymore time for either of us.
they all seem to be “high energy”

Bro...pest control ain’t got shit on the Kirby (Vacuum) door to door people. Those fuckers cleaned multiple rooms then proceeded to pour shit on my rugs....to demonstrate their product. 3-1/2 hours of fucking with my wife (she falls for the sob shit) I come down and just look at them and say. We’re leaving for dinner now so you gotta go.....

They got so pissed....they asked for the 2 liter Coke back that they gave her to let them demonstrate. 🤣😂🖕

you let them in your house? And then left the room ? 3.5 hours?

OPD77

Elite
You're in Houston?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
you let them in your house? And then left the room ? 3.5 hours?
What part of My wife falls for every sob story do you NOT get. She let them....I sensible chuckled as I walked upstairs to watch the football game (I was watching in den prior to her letting them in the damn house. She honestly thought they would do a 5 min presentation and leave. PLUS...Danielle falls for free shit everytime (use to) and they offered a 2 liter.....which they took back when I kicked them out and wouldn’t by the $2500 vacuum! 🤣😂🤣

so to answer your question:

tenor.gif

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

I bet that bitch was a zombie bot. My friend that works in the NSA said they have had humanoid bots working as "real people" for the express purpose of gathering personal information for the new, top secret, data base called "Octagon." If you run into someone that you feel is a little off, the key to determining if they are a bot is to stick a butcher knife in their stomach. If they keep talking, you start walking. But if the crumble to the ground - run like hell!

Latest posts

Top Bottom