Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PickleBall - Fastest growing sport in America

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Pickleball is all the rage if you haven't heard. (Not that kind of pickleball, dont get too excited @catreaper).

Its actually a really fun game. A mix between tennis and ping pong. Not as much skill required as tennis, but still a great workout. If you get some good opponents you will be exhausted by the end. Lots of strategy involved too. Who here has played?

@OffTheDeckSports

TFSF Favorite - Billy Gates

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Been playing for the last couple of years after long decades of tennis.

It is fun and much better than chasing a ball around the court in tennis. Especially as you get older(59).

2 distinct styles of play, pickleball(more time at the net with the ball in the kitchen, which is the 6' line). Softer shots waiting for an easier shot to put away.
Or more tennis based where all shots are harder either from baseline or at the net.

Lots of fun either way and is a good workout.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
How can you not just drill it past the opponent everytime?

Well you can if you hit the right angles but its a much smaller court too. Doubles makes it equally as hard.
Plus you are hitting a thick whiffle ball so while you can pepper it pretty hard, it's not going to fly as fast as a solid ball.

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Well you can if you hit the right angles but its a much smaller court too. Doubles makes it equally as hard.
Plus you are hitting a thick whiffle ball so while you can pepper it pretty hard, it's not going to fly as fast as a solid ball.
And I guess the full court is not in play? Just to that first line around where the players stand?

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
And I guess the full court is not in play? Just to that first line around where the players stand?

No. The full court is in play. It's just smaller by all dimensions. Like in tennis, you'll need to create topspin on the ball to make sure it drops into the court.
You crack a hard shot from the baseline and you can still hit it deep without TS. The hardest thing for me is touch around the net. It's different than a tennis ball and racket. It's more of a "push" stroke similar to ping pong.
Scoring is much different to. Most games are to 11, some to 15. Only score on your serve and doubles has a weird scoring to start.

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
It's it own size court. And serves have to go beyond the front boxes. To me it was opposite of everything tennis just about. I'll stick with tennis.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Wow…..so all the fuckers from a sports board…..have never heard of a sport that has a pro tour.

Pickel ball is the rage at Mom Ould folks community and is fun for all ages. Mix of tennis/ping pong IMHO. (I’ve have played BUT do not play, personally. Still ypung enough to enjoy breaking all my bones try play the sports I love. 🤣)

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Wow…..so all the fuckers from a sports board…..have never heard of a sport that has a pro tour.

Pickel ball is the rage at Mom Ould folks community and is fun for all ages. Mix of tennis/ping pong IMHO. (I’ve have played BUT do not play, personally. Still ypung enough to enjoy breaking all my bones try play the sports I love. 🤣)

Haven't seen but have heard that guys like Agassi and Federer have played exhibition matches.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
How can you not just drill it past the opponent everytime?

The wiffle ball makes the game fun. It comes off the paddle very fast, so if playing at the net you have to quick reflexes. However, the ball will slow rapidly so if you are playing at the baseline you can get to almost any ball. You really have to nail it to hit it long.

Lots of strategery. The "kitchen" is the line up near the net and you must stay behind that line unless the ball bounces in the kitchen first. This prevents people from crowding the net and putting away volleys.

At first i thought it wouldn't give you a very good workout, however, if you play with decent players the points are very competitive and pretty intense.

BurntJ

Founder
Haven't seen but have heard that guys like Agassi and Federer have played exhibition matches.
Check out ESPN they have it on all the time, though I mostly see the chicks doubles.....that 15 yo chick and he mom are the #1 team in the world. Literally all the people at that level are former tennis players.

BurntJ

Founder
Pickleball is all the rage if you haven't heard. (Not that kind of pickleball, dont get too excited @catreaper).

Its actually a really fun game. A mix between tennis and ping pong. Not as much skill required as tennis, but still a great workout. If you get some good opponents you will be exhausted by the end. Lots of strategy involved too. Who here has played?

@OffTheDeckSports

TFSF Favorite - Billy Gates
🤞maybe Faggit Gates will drop dead on the court. Fuck that Guy!

Top Bottom