Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Orlando free fall ride death

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
There are many kids and adults like him. I see them all the time in my town. Some of it is genetics but more is diet. I've been in Sec 8 apartments where there were 3 skillets of grease on the stove and so much on the floor standing was nearly impossible. I opened a cabinet next to the stove and there were 12 gallon cans of off-brand Crisco.

Very little outdoors activities like when I was young. Too much TV and too many video games. Many kids, boys and girls, are well over 100 pounds before 4th grade.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Apparently this kid was 345 lbs and the weight limit for the ride was 290. He had also been denied other rides for being too big.

Last note, they claim his harness was still shut in the locked position after the ride. How the hell did he slip out then? Maybe it closed after he fell out?

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
I was on a "viking ship" ride at a county fair. My retention bar wouldn't lock. We were yelling at the guy to hold up but he just hit start. My cousin was holding on to my belt and I had to grab the bar with both arms to not be thrown out. They don't hire the best people for these rides and they give zero fucks about safety. I dam near beat that dude when the ride finally stopped. The rest of the week that spot I sat in had yellow tape to keep people from sitting in that spot.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I was on a "viking ship" ride at a county fair. My retention bar wouldn't lock. We were yelling at the guy to hold up but he just hit start. My cousin was holding on to my belt and I had to grab the bar with both arms to not be thrown out. They don't hire the best people for these rides and they give zero fucks about safety. I dam near beat that dude when the ride finally stopped. The rest of the week that spot I sat in had yellow tape to keep people from sitting in that spot.

Fun ride though, when functioning properly.

Top Bottom