Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

One day at school in Fifth grade.

Cyberty

Elite
Founder
The elementary school I went to had a small speaker above the clock that was above the blackboard. This speaker was used everyday for the Pledge of allegiance.

One early morning , in my home room class the small speaker said my name. It said that my teacher needed to send me to the office. Well, I was immediately embarrassed. The whole class looked at me. Even Tammy stopped eating her crayons. I looked to Mrs. Braginavich. She pointed to the door.

I was so embarrassed and walked out of the classroom and to the office. The lady secretary there said that my dad had said that there was an emergency. I was told to go out to the car pickup area for students. I asked what happened. She didn’t know.

As a 10 year old, I was just learning what anxiety was. I am sure that is what I felt.

I went out to the pick-up area. I saw my dads Suburban. Then I noticed our boat on the trailer. My Grandpa got out of the passenger seat dressed in camouflage. My dad got out of the driver’s seat also all in camo.

I immediately was confused and asked what is wrong? They said nothing is wrong.

“We just wanted to go fishing And take you.”

TJHall1

Legendary
1503818325_confused-britney-spears.gif

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I don’t know at what point I learned what anxiety was, but it fucked with me bad from teens to mid 20s. Don’t have a problem with anxiety anymore, but I do deal with depression now

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Great OP. Sometimes you learn more about life missing school than attending.

My grandfather and his brothers owned several ranches in Texas and other states. During the 60's they had an annual barbecue at one ranch and invited the entire county. Several hundred people came each year. On the day of the barbecue after being counted for attendance in first period, my Dad would stop by the school and get us out and off we'd go to the ranch. On the last year they held this as it had gotten too big, they butchered a buffalo and it was only served to family. The town folk ate cow.

Top Bottom