Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Old Truck is once again rolling

mrt

Elite
I was beginning to think I would never drive it again. Got up and had my coffee and went out and made a temp fix on a leaking egr blocker, then drove to the PO and gas station and then the store then home to crash and take my daily nap. Only a couple more little things to do to be completely finished. Definitely need the egr blocker plate because thin metal will burn thru very fast. I knew I should have ordered a good manifold when I bought the new cam and carb. It ran good but I still believe there is one or two rockers a bit too loose. I've never seen a 350 with the adjustment zero lash more than around a quarter of an inch. I believe someone has changed the rocker arm studs because it is the same on all 16. It is possible someone had installed roller rockers using the original style studs instead of having threaded studs, possibly longer for the fulcrums that replaces the oem balls. Only on two occasions have I ever seen one of the studs come out, usually with a high lift camshaft. Oh well it's just a worn out ugly grocery getter so who cares. Now I won't have to worry about cold weather coming and still having to work on that truck. It has been about 8 months without transportation, that sucks.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
The battery on my Toyota Camry was dead this morning but I'm not cheap and bought an Interstate so they swapped it out free of charge.

Luckily I keep a small jump box in the car

mrt

Elite
The battery on my Toyota Camry was dead this morning but I'm not cheap and bought an Interstate so they swapped it out free of charge.

Luckily I keep a small jump box in the car
With the cost of batteries today no one is CHEAP. My battery is not large enough but at the time I bought it I had no choice, I was at the vet and had my dog lying on my seat dead, so was my battery and I needed to get my dog home so I could bury her. Then in the same month the engine had a problem and it was downhill from there for all this time until yesterday. Now I don't care so much about having a small battery. ;0)

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
With the cost of batteries today no one is CHEAP. My battery is not large enough but at the time I bought it I had no choice, I was at the vet and had my dog lying on my seat dead, so was my battery and I needed to get my dog home so I could bury her. Then in the same month the engine had a problem and it was downhill from there for all this time until yesterday. Now I don't care so much about having a small battery. ;0)
Sounds like it is time to let her go and put her down and get a new one......

mrt

Elite
Sounds like it is time to let her go and put her down and get a new one......
Only thing new I need is two knees and a neck, the truck is hanging in there and will still be around when I die. I wish I had found a good cab and bed years ago but it wasn't important then and I had no idea I would be in bad shape later. Over the years that I have owned the truck I saw many excellent cabs I could have gotten for very cheap. Now it is hard to find a Chev GMC truck 82 to the last body that were the same, they've all gone to the melt er.

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Only thing new I need is two knees and a neck, the truck is hanging in there and will still be around when I die. I wish I had found a good cab and bed years ago but it wasn't important then and I had no idea I would be in bad shape later. Over the years that I have owned the truck I saw many excellent cabs I could have gotten for very cheap. Now it is hard to find a Chev GMC truck 82 to the last body that were the same, they've all gone to the melt er.

lol if my car breaks down and leaves me stranded I am shopping for a new one, aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

Top Bottom