Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ohtani is interested in joining the Braves. Who isn't brother? Who isn't? (link)...

denn

Legendary
Founder
It is going to cost over $500 million to get him. Probably a bunch more than that. Are the Braves going to go against what has worked for a long time and pay that type of contract out? Can they afford to do so? It would be a great signing for anyone for sure.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
It is going to cost over $500 million to get him. Probably a bunch more than that. Are the Braves going to go against what has worked for a long time and pay that type of contract out? Can they afford to do so? It would be a great signing for anyone for sure.

He should take a haircut to join the Braves. Otherwise it will just be a disappointment like Arod with the NYY.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
As a life long Angel fan. He's a great piece for a team that has pieces around him. Not a lights out pitcher, and an above good hitter not in the great hitter category.

He's almost thirty and he waisted his best years already. Dude is going to get that contract and end up injured a lot after 32, best of luck with that type of investment.

Angels really screwed the pooch here, they had a chance to load up on top young talent for future runs so they can make a one year run for the playoffs. Anything short of a championship (This is not happening with this pitching staff). Is a complete failure, but I will say par the course with this franchise.

denn

Legendary
Founder
As a life long Angel fan. He's a great piece for a team that has pieces around him. Not a lights out pitcher, and an above good hitter not in the great hitter category.

He's almost thirty and he waisted his best years already. Dude is going to get that contract and end up injured a lot after 32, best of luck with that type of investment.

Angels really screwed the pooch here, they had a chance to load up on top young talent for future runs so they can make a one year run for the playoffs. Anything short of a championship (This is not happening with this pitching staff). Is a complete failure, but I will say par the course with this franchise.
Great to hear an Angel fans perspective. I am a 40+ year Mets fan and do not want the team to sign him for what it will cost. Mostly for the reasons you mention above. Really it is about revenue earned when you sign him. Solid player, both pitching and hitting, but I fear the same things you do and then as a franchise, you are on the hook for $50-$60 million a year on the back end of that contract. I'd prefer Trout if he could stay healthy personally.

Don't get me started on building young talent around your stars. For years (Until Cohen bought the team and made it a priority to build the farm system up as much as he can) the Mets traded away young talent for middle relievers who were going to be with the team for a month. The best thing that could have happened is the Wilpons' selling the team. i know this year is a disaster, but I don't care. At least Cohen is trying, unlike previous ownership.

He won’t be injured a lot. He’s Asian. Obviously production will drop off with age, but he’ll still be a great player. Right now (last year and this year) he is a great hitter. He can hit like this for 6-7 more years probably. Will be a huge pick up for whoever gets him. Not to mention an era in the 3s is pretty damn respectable and would be welcomed on any staff.

AgEngDawg

Legendary

The Ken Griffey, Jr. in Cincy scenario does worry me.

OrangenBlue98

Elite
Founder
The Ken Griffey, Jr. in Cincy scenario does worry me.
He's burning the candle at both ends. If he blows his arm out, he ain't hitting, and he could be out a year and a half owed a shit ton of money. There is no way he signs for less, because the players union would never allow it. They need that contract for future negotiations with other players. It'll dictate the market for years, and the fans will love their $35 hot dogs, and $45 beers.

He won’t be injured a lot. He’s Asian. Obviously production will drop off with age, but he’ll still be a great player. Right now (last year and this year) he is a great hitter. He can hit like this for 6-7 more years probably. Will be a huge pick up for whoever gets him. Not to mention an era in the 3s is pretty damn respectable and would be welcomed on any staff.
1695176574286.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom