Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oh no —

Emma tenywa

Elite
What’s the story on the Ugandan Martyrs?
They were a group of christian converts who were executed on orders of the then king mwanga, of the buganda kingdom. (3rd june is when they are remembered) They were mostly pages in his palace who had converted to Christianity throwing aside the traditional beliefs and the dorminant religion (islam) by then. This sparked The king's anger and resentment as these pages considered themselves more knowledgeable than the rest and would disobey the king on matters that contradicted their religious beliefs. They were killed by being burnt alive, between 1885 and 1887. Amidst the king's anger, he was told that these pages were conniving with the white missioneries to overthrow the king and thus their fate was sealed. In the early days of the executions, the king asked a number of them to renounce their new religion and convert to islam, but they refused and this was seen as disobedience, a thing the king could not tolerate so he ordered their execution. At one point, the king caught one of these christian converts teaching one of his most loyal page christianity and convincing him to convert from islam. This simply added fuel to the fire. Some sources say that there was also power struggle in the palace between the moslems, christians and traditionists, all vying for the king's favor. But these killings didnot stop christianity from spreading, but rather accelerated the spread

Manpolo

Poster
I Can't deny that asking for money never crosses ones mind especially for those of us that come from the third world. With the difficulties we face down here just to make it to the next day sometimes temptation creeps in and that's where some of us end up doing unethical things like asking for money or help on platforms like these. But worry not this one here is not a begger/scammer just someone looking share his experiences, probably make a few friends a long the way and at the end of the day contribute to the platform 😉

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I Can't deny that asking for money never crosses ones mind especially for those of us that come from the third world. With the difficulties we face down here just to make it to the next day sometimes temptation creeps in and that's where some of us end up doing unethical things like asking for money or help on platforms like these. But worry not this one here is not a begger/scammer just someone looking share his experiences, probably make a few friends a long the way and at the end of the day contribute to the platform 😉
What’s your story? How did you find us? Are you friends with @Emma tenywa or @Martin ?

Manpolo

Poster
What’s your story? How did you find us? Are you friends with @Emma tenywa or @Martin ?
Oh my story 🙂 alright where should I begin from? Mmm, am a Ugandan, living in Jinja City. I have qualifications in multimedia and information systems. In 2020 when my mum passed away I took up the responsibility of her projects, which basically focus on providing education for the low income community. Ever since then I have been working in the education field. I also propriet a community school that's why some of my pictures have kids in them.
Anyways I got to know about this forum when Martin came to my office to inquire if I could enroll some of the kids he takes care of at my school for the second term. That's when he told me about this forum where guys discuss all sorts of stuff and that I would love it. So I said to myself why not give it a try and see if I will enjoy the ride😎. Oh and martin is like a young distant cousin of mine so once in a while he pays me a visit. And sometimes I help him when I can. So that is some of my story the rest probably you will just have to get to know me slowly by slowly also if you wouldn't mind just check out my Facebook profile @Balwane Paul.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Oh my story 🙂 alright where should I begin from? Mmm, am a Ugandan, living in Jinja City. I have qualifications in multimedia and information systems. In 2020 when my mum passed away I took up the responsibility of her projects, which basically focus on providing education for the low income community. Ever since then I have been working in the education field. I also propriet a community school that's why some of my pictures have kids in them.
Anyways I got to know about this forum when Martin came to my office to inquire if I could enroll some of the kids he takes care of at my school for the second term. That's when he told me about this forum where guys discuss all sorts of stuff and that I would love it. So I said to myself why not give it a try and see if I will enjoy the ride😎. Oh and martin is like a young distant cousin of mine so once in a while he pays me a visit. And sometimes I help him when I can. So that is some of my story the rest probably you will just have to get to know me slowly by slowly also if you wouldn't mind just check out my Facebook profile @Balwane Paul.
Oh this is so great @Manpolo

Very happy to have you here and look forward to your contributions.

We do not mean to be rude or abrasive to the needs in Uganda, but we just cannot set a standard on this site of individuals (from anywhere) coming to ask for money. It is a very slippery slope, and we would be much better helping each other out in different ways.

I believe there are many long term possibilities for us to help each other out across the ocean, and if we can keep growing TFSF community opportunities could be endless.

Sometimes people can be abrasive on here, but for the most part everyone is down to Earth and means well

TJHall1

Legendary
giphy.webp

TJHall1

Legendary
@PleasureMoose

Manpolo

Poster
Fo
Oh this is so great @Manpolo

Very happy to have you here and look forward to your contributions.

We do not mean to be rude or abrasive to the needs in Uganda, but we just cannot set a standard on this site of individuals (from anywhere) coming to ask for money. It is a very slippery slope, and we would be much better helping each other out in different ways.

I believe there are many long term possibilities for us to help each other out across the ocean, and if we can keep growing TFSF community opportunities could be endless.

Sometimes people can be abrasive on here, but for the most part everyone is down to Earth and means well
For sure ❤ I trust and look forward to my contributions and your opportunities 😉

Top Bottom