Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

No flame, why do Black folk's think it's ok if THEY use the N-word?

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Was having this conversation yesterday with my 15 yr old son. He plays football and baseball on a fairly diverse team. During the football offseason they do speed work and the coach lets one player ”take the aux” meaning they have the song playlist. Well my son put together a playlist of current music that he and his teammates enjoy. Holy told me no shit it was some of the most god awful ”music” I have ever heard.

I have chosen to not limit music because my parents hated my metal music in the 80s and it’s just not a hill I want to die on, just like hair styles.

but this music used the N-word every 3-4 verse and made me extremely uncomfortable. He wanted me to listen to it at the batting cages and I told him no and it started quite the argument. He told me all Kids under the age of 20 listen to this and there are no songs that anyone listens to that doesn’t have the N-word. I told him you don’t get to use that word because it will be held against you forever. Doesn’t matter the context, or whether you are singing along in the car. Cause it just takes one person coming up along side of you while you belt out the word and you are done. He said that it isn’t fair to him, and I said that is the standard as of today and I don’t see it changing.

There are plenty of videos of white kids using the word that have lost scholarships or school opportunities for doing stupid shit. We then readdressed that no matter how nice or popular you are there is always someone trying to fuck you over, to include your friends that think it would be funny to post you doing stupid shit online

conversation ended with us hitting in silence cause I am tired of hearing it.

tl;dr white kids can’t use the word but listen to the music, old man shouts at clouds.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Was having this conversation yesterday with my 15 yr old son. He plays football and baseball on a fairly diverse team. During the football offseason they do speed work and the coach lets one player ”take the aux” meaning they have the song playlist. Well my son put together a playlist of current music that he and his teammates enjoy. Holy told me no shit it was some of the most god awful ”music” I have ever heard.

I have chosen to not limit music because my parents hated my metal music in the 80s and it’s just not a hill I want to die on, just like hair styles.

but this music used the N-word every 3-4 verse and made me extremely uncomfortable. He wanted me to listen to it at the batting cages and I told him no and it started quite the argument. He told me all Kids under the age of 20 listen to this and there are no songs that anyone listens to that doesn’t have the N-word. I told him you don’t get to use that word because it will be held against you forever. Doesn’t matter the context, or whether you are singing along in the car. Cause it just takes one person coming up along side of you while you belt out the word and you are done. He said that it isn’t fair to him, and I said that is the standard as of today and I don’t see it changing.

There are plenty of videos of white kids using the word that have lost scholarships or school opportunities for doing stupid shit. We then readdressed that no matter how nice or popular you are there is always someone trying to fuck you over, to include your friends that think it would be funny to post you doing stupid shit online

tl;dr white kids can’t use the word but listen to the music, old man shouts at clouds.
Don't know which I hear more of...the N word or fuck. Both are said throughout many songs today. It's the bass played so loud it rattles my house that bothers me the most.

GatorOK

Legendary
Founder
Don't know which I hear more of...the N word or fuck. Both are said throughout many songs today. It's the bass played so loud it rattles my house that bothers me the most.
We say fuck a lot in our house. Son uses it as well, and is a work in progress on when and when not to use it.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

Is he allowed to use the word when he sings along? Asking for a friend

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I had some loud ass subwoofers in my Montero sport in high school. I thought I was a cool mofo, but that shit did permanent damage to my hearing

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I had some loud ass subwoofers in my Montero sport in high school. I thought I was a cool mofo, but that shit did permanent damage to my hearing
I had a convertible in HS. On the last day before graduation, a couple of friends and I sat in front of the HS and played Drums of Passion by Olatunji. Basically African tribal chants and songs (great album - Santana has done some covers of those songs). I had 2 12-14 inch speakers hooked to the tape deck. Aimed those at the open windows (before schools had a/c), cranked up the volume and "serenaded" the underclassmen. We were asked to leave.

Same car had the window washer tubing disconnected and moved under the ashtray. I poured liquor into the washer and went to the drive-in theater. Bought cokes at the snack. Held them under the ashtray and pushed the washer button. It filled them spurt by spurt but looked strange having the windshield washers going back and forth with no rain. Dad sold the car when I went into the Navy. I didn't reattach those before he sold it. Would have been interesting to see the next owner's reaction the first time he tried to wash the windshield.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I had a convertible in HS. On the last day before graduation, a couple of friends and I sat in front of the HS and played Drums of Passion by Olatunji. Basically African tribal chants and songs (great album - Santana has done some covers of those songs). I had 2 12-14 inch speakers hooked to the tape deck. Aimed those at the open windows (before schools had a/c), cranked up the volume and "serenaded" the underclassmen. We were asked to leave.

Same car had the window washer tubing disconnected and moved under the ashtray. I poured liquor into the washer and went to the drive-in theater. Bought cokes at the snack. Held them under the ashtray and pushed the washer button. It filled them spurt by spurt but looked strange having the windshield washers going back and forth with no rain. Dad sold the car when I went into the Navy. I didn't reattach those before he sold it. Would have been interesting to see the next owner's reaction the first time he tried to wash the windshield.
Man I bet you were sad to see that car go. That’s bad ass

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder

It seems like a victim mentality on only we can say the n word thinking it’s a power high status move.

Im with you on the music, but it’s been that way since the 80s where white kids support the rappers.
Of course I was watching shameless on Netflix and an episode had a this song in a scene: shake that ass for me by Eminem and Snoop Doggy dog… lol I can’t stop playing it.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I say fuck all the time. I'm a steel worker. Do I get a pass?

Top Bottom