Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

OldBuzzard

Poster
Serious question: What is to stop boosters from setting up a company, whether legitimate or not, and throwing NIL money at 5 star recruits to get them to commit? Are ther guidelines for that sort of thing?

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Serious question: What is to stop boosters from setting up a company, whether legitimate or not, and throwing NIL money at 5 star recruits to get them to commit? Are ther guidelines for that sort of thing?
That is what is going on there are no rules yet. The Supreme Court ruling put a question of how this would go forward as NCAA has no enforcement authority.
On NIL Technically you can’tmake a deal “tied to a player going to a particular school”. (This is already happening with the Nico kid and Tenn)
Credit to ATM those fuckers just bought an all time class (though stupid as 8 DL 4-5 stars). The NCAA as is, essentially has No Enforcement Authority. This is one (of many albeit) reasons Emmett just announced his “retirement” or whatever.

The Super Conference will have some guarantees of both rules and enforcement powers. But it does appear me may be in for 3 min years of crazyness. (Glad the rest of the country is finally taking our example of how NOT TO BE RACIST and are finally paying their young studs too….we still have more as now we can get back taxes…..and then reinvest that too!!!

BurntJ

Founder
Why set up a company? That's just a dumb extra step to go thru.
Taxes….it’s how every criminal org goes does. IRS….laundering if you don’t pay taxes. See Chris Webber (Michigan booster paid) Federal court case.

By setting up a llc, inc, 501(c), etc You can report taxes…and get returns that can also be invested bag info the “program”.

TJHall1

Legendary
Taxes….it’s how every criminal org goes does. IRS….laundering if you don’t pay taxes. See Chris Webber (Michigan booster paid) Federal court case.

By setting up a llc, inc, 501(c), etc You can report taxes…and get returns that can also be invested bag info the “program”.
Or you can just buy a Tshirt for 100k and not have to deal with all that shit.

OldBuzzard

Poster
You don't have to have a business. Not sure why you think there has to be one.
Hence, the reason questions are formulated in the first place. When one does not possess information, but wishes that he was in possession of a particular bit of information, he formulates an interrogative statement designed to encourage those in possession of said information to share said information with the individual inquiring. It’s really quite simp,e.

I was under the impression that only a business would want to use someone’s name, image, or likeness to sell a product or service. I assumed, apparently incorrectly that private individuals who were not representatives of commercial businesses and thus were not selling products or services would have no need for a celebrity’s name, image, or likeness. I assumed, also apparently incorrectly, that there were regulations in place preventing private individuals from paying a celebrity to use his/her name image or likeness. That just makes no sense to not have some regulations in place like that.

BurntJ

Founder
QUIT CALLING THIS NIL....

This HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NIL.

This is straight Pay for Play (which I'm not saying I'm against). There is no name, image, likeness going on with these deals. Paying someone to go to ______ university IS NOT NIL.

BurntJ

Founder
Ya. Between all the politics the last few years and now this there are gonna be a lot of people saying fuck it as far as college sports go.
In defense....most will be sidewalk fans as Alumni actually have ties and real attachments to the schools.

(Honestly, if we could get rid of our sidewalk fans and the 10% Wine/Cheese Crowd......we would have an awesome fanbase.)

TJHall1

Legendary
In defense....most will be sidewalk fans as Alumni actually have ties and real attachments to the schools.

(Honestly, if we could get rid of our sidewalk fans and the 10% Wine/Cheese Crowd......we would have an awesome fanbase.)
Yes, it's diehards like you that they're not worried about losing. Most alumni don't give a flying fuck about college sports, for good reason.

BurntJ

Founder
Yes, it's diehards like you that they're not worried about losing. Most alumni don't give a flying fuck about college sports, for good reason.
Maybe Iowa Alumi…..I’m sure you have spoken to 1 more recently that I have.

Joe Kings

Legendary
Founder
This is currently what miami is doing. IT will blow up in their face but they're doing it

BurntJ

Founder
This is what I am watching for with Tex. ATM. No i'm not butt hurt. I could care less BUT when a team like ATM just signed 8 top 100 DL in 1 class. Lets see who stays around for years 2-5. Which will then mean, ATM paid guys that left and went and played for other schools.

Top Bottom