Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BigBucnNole

Elite
Been thinking a lot about it because I didn't know how to feel. Especially after getting fucked raw by Deon...

Honestly, I think this is a great thing for the sport. Schools with branding and following win out. Sport wins out because these athletes are effectively ad dollars/ sales cash machines and just need a brand to support.

It'll have two effects, number one if the Chinese get involved they'll bow to Mao and help educate Americans. You all saw Cena speaking Mandarin?

Two, for schools that can't afford the facilities they now have third party money to circumvent lap pools, football only facilities, valet etc etc. I think what will happen are the Cinderella schools that manage to build enough of a following pre season now have a legitimate shot to lure talent.

It's going to kill coaching salaries FTR.

Last edited:

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
I’m having a hard time understanding what the long term effects will be and I think many people are as well. All I know is that in 5 years, CFB is going to look completely different. We are seeing the end of an era right now. Even the 4 team playoff is going to end and we are going to kick off the SEC super conference.

But dang I hadn’t thought about foreign influence creepin in. It’s obvious the negative effect that China has had on the NBA.

How do you see the coach salary gambit playing out?

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Between NIL, the transfer portal and chicks with dicks playing on women's teams, collegiate sports as we know it are dead.

Libs ruin everything.

Last edited:

BigBucnNole

Elite
I’m having a hard time understanding what the long term effects will be and I think many people are as well. All I know is that in 5 years, CFB is going to look completely different. We are seeing the end of an era right now. Even the 4 team playoff is going to end and we are going to kick off the SEC super conference.

But dang I hadn’t thought about foreign influence creepin in. It’s obvious the negative effect that China has had on the NBA.

How do you see the coach salary gambit playing out?

I think if boosters don't have to deal with buyouts and coaching salaries and can just directly pay the players, what's the point of spending all the money when you can get a cheaper guy and load him up with the best players guaranteed?

May even create a situation where coaches themselves hunt the schools/ boosters with the best NIL deals because they'll win. Flips the dynamic and makes it more like the NFL with player coaching relationships.

You'll still have the development issues because this is a temporary stop for the best players before the NFL, and some schools have better facilities, training regimen, and competition, but by and large, the coach isn't as important anymore.

Same thing could happen to the arms race with facilities too. Especially if there is a price point where the number one player goes to a fuggin FCS school.

Latest posts

Top Bottom