Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New York times!!

Emma tenywa

Elite
The NYT ran a post relating to the Russia-ukraine crisis and claiming that it's causing hikes in prices in east Africa.

nyt.png
This is entirely not true, as the claim says. East africa has no major trade dealings with Russia or Ukraine. Basically Russia only sells us three things in bulk, that's ammunition, fertilizers and mybe oil(which the EAC gets indirectly even) the major staple food imported here is rice, which is imported from thailand, Vietnam and pakistan
Here, drought is a perennial problem and each year it gets longer,hunger is a common problem in war torn regions here and rural regions there's basically no heavy dependency on crops from those two countries,neither are they among the top trade partners.

tz.pngdrc1.pngrwd.pngke.pngug1.png

Attachments

• tz.png
    tz.png
    107 KB · Views: 3
  • ke.png
    ke.png
    124.4 KB · Views: 3

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
The NYT ran a post relating to the Russia-ukraine crisis and claiming that it's causing hikes in prices in east Africa.

View attachment 90364
This is entirely not true, as the claim says. East africa has no major trade dealings with Russia or Ukraine. Basically Russia only sells us three things in bulk, that's ammunition, fertilizers and mybe oil(which the EAC gets indirectly even) the major staple food imported here is rice, which is imported from thailand, Vietnam and pakistan
Here, drought is a perennial problem and each year it gets longer,hunger is a common problem in war torn regions here and rural regions there's basically no heavy dependency on crops from those two countries,neither are they among the top trade partners.

View attachment 90372View attachment 90374View attachment 90375View attachment 90368View attachment 90369
It fits the narrative

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

View attachment 90364

View attachment 90372View attachment 90374View attachment 90375View attachment 90368View attachment 90369
Yes our media is nothing but bullshit propaganda. And normal Americans do not believe this bullshit either.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

View attachment 90364
Here, drought is a perennial problem and each year it gets longer,hunger is a common problem in war torn regions here and rural regions there's basically no heavy dependency on crops from those two countries,neither are they among the top trade

You did a great job of aggregating numbers to establish their false narrative.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

View attachment 90364

I really like your new image icon Emma - very cool!

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder

View attachment 90364

This is why places like this are important. We can get real info from real people. Thank you for this info.

Can you educate us on the avatar? Like said above. Bad ass

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Aha! The avatar is of a Zulu warrior in full cultural war regalia. They are ofcourse the synthetic version, not the original cheeter and leopard skins.

I read a book about an ivory hunter's travels all over Africa in the late 1800s - early 1900s. He talked about coming upon a large walled off city in west-central Africa, near what is Cameroon today...he was greeted by knights on horseback, that wore armor of arrowproof quilts. I thought that was cool as shit & had no idea there was stuff like that in Africa only about 100 years ago.

20220402_050653.jpg

6912.jpg

skramer100

Elite
Founder
I read a book about an ivory hunter's travels all over Africa in the late 1800s - early 1900s. He talked about coming upon a large walled off city in west-central Africa, near what is Cameroon today...he was greeted by knights on horseback, that wore armor of arrowproof quilts. I thought that was cool as shit & had no idea there was stuff like that in Africa only about 100 years ago.

View attachment 90406

6912.jpg
So you are saying Wakanda is real?

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

View attachment 90406

6912.jpg
Awesome power look!

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder

View attachment 90406

6912.jpg
I remember watching Shaka Zulu on tv as a kid cause I got to see boobies and not get in trouble.

Emma tenywa

Elite

View attachment 90406

6912.jpg
That must be an interesting story, haven't read about it. Would you share some more info please

Emma tenywa

Elite

Latest posts

Top Bottom