Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Natural Immunity >> Vaccine Immunity

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Why is natural immunity purposefully ignored by the people trying to push Covid vaccines on people who don't want them? You cannot have any meaningful discussion of herd immunity without considering the people with natural immunity. By most measures, natural immunity is better and longer lasting than vaccine immunity.

Unvaccinated people with a prior infection who experience subsequent infections with worse symptoms are an extreme rarity. If there were significant numbers of infected people having serious subsequent infections, you would hear about it. But you don't. Because it's extremely rare. You are MUCH MUCH more likely to see a vaccinated person with a serious infection. Data from Israel shows that vaccinated people are 6.72 times more likely to get infected than those with natural immunity. The Israeli Covid dashboard shows that about half of the hospital patients with severe infections are fully vaccinated. On the flip side, the estimated risk of re-infection is 0.1%, according to this observational study involving over 600,000 participants.

Vaccine immunity can induce higher levels of antibodies in the blood that target the spike protein than what is normally seen with natural immunity. This kind of data is frequently cited to argue that vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity. Yes, the vaccine immunity is very deep, but it is not very broad at all. Natural immunity is much broader, involving a much wider range of immune response than vaccine immunity.

The vaccines induce the immune system to produce antibodies for the spike protein on the virus. The spike protein is the most important part of the Covid virus, so it makes sense that the vaccines target this protein, but it is not the only protein. This article describes how there are five proteins that the immune system can identify and build antibodies for. Natural immunity produces all of these antibodies, whereas vaccine immunity is all about the spike protein. This is a possible explanation for why vaccine immunity seems to be so much shorter lived, since mutations on the spike protein can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine induced antibodies. In cases of mutation of the spike protein, natural immunity can still summon antibodies that can recognize the other proteins of the virus that haven't mutated as much.

Another major difference between natural and vaccine immunity involves mucosal antibodies, which are antibodies that exist in the mucus found in your upper respiratory tract (URT). The vaccines only induce antibodies in the blood. Natural immunity would include the production of these mucosal antibodies, and these antibodies would be the first defense against a subsequent infection since Covid always attacks the URT first. This article explains how these antibodies work. In vaccinated people exposed to Covid, the virus first infects their URT, and the infection rages on much like an un-vaccinated person. The vaccine induced antibodies cannot be brought to bear against the infection until the infection has progressed into the lower respiratory tract, where the blood barrier exists. This would explain why vaccinated people are pretty much just as likely to get infected and spread the virus. The next generation of Covid vaccines in development that show much promise are intranasal vaccines that can help include these mucosal antibodies.

There is some emerging data that people with prior infections have more complications with the vaccines. The standing advice I have from my personal doctor is that I should NOT get the vaccine at this time, because of a prior infection. In his own practice, the people who had the most trouble with the vaccines had prior infections. There is a good argument that people with prior infections should be discouraged from getting the vaccines.

I believe the vaccines do provide good protection against severe infection. The data to support this claim is overwhelming at this point. In that respect, the vaccines work. The vaccines are a good choice for a big majority of people. But any talk of mandatory vaccinations that ignore prior infections is suspicious. What is the agenda? Whatever it is, it's certainly not based on the superiority of vaccine immunity. Mandatory vaccination pushes that ignore prior infections are irrational, and possibly dangerous as well to those with prior infections.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Simple answer. Those with natural immunity aren't making money for Big Pharma and the rest. It also gives you control. Coronaviruses (including SARS types), Rhinoviruses, RSV and parainfluenza all contribute to common colds. They have circulated among us since Adam and Eve. It's likely that many people, if not all, have some natural antibodies to one or more of these. Acknowledging this 3rd class of people, those with natural immunity, will throw a wrench into their long term goals.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Simple answer. Those with natural immunity aren't making money for Big Pharma and the rest.
Unfortunately, this is the answer. Other countries that don't have this problem have a much different outlook on previous infection. I recently returned from a vacation in Iceland. Showing proof of prior infection (PCR test result) allows you to be exempted from the mandatory quarantine. There are other countries that do the same too.

What's different about those countries? They don't have a huge pharma industry that is making tons of money from "free" vaccines while making large donations to politicians and the "professional" regulators in government.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Unfortunately, this is the answer. Other countries that don't have this problem have a much different outlook on previous infection. I recently returned from a vacation in Iceland. Showing proof of prior infection (PCR test result) allows you to be exempted from the mandatory quarantine. There are other countries that do the same too.

What's different about those countries? They don't have a huge pharma industry that is making tons of money from "free" vaccines while making large donations to politicians and the "professional" regulators in government.
Likewise, Iceland is 100% vaccinated yet still is having issues with vaxxed people coming down with Wuhan. Israel is similarly having issues although they are only 90-95% vaxxed. It's not the unvaxxed causing the spread and spikes. It the Jab.

People would never tolerated taking their animals to the Vet for Rabies shots only to bring them home and they come down with Rabies. Yet, they willingly go along with these Jabs.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Why is natural immunity purposefully ignored by the people trying to push Covid vaccines on people who don't want them? You cannot have any meaningful discussion of herd immunity without considering the people with natural immunity. By most measures, natural immunity is better and longer lasting than vaccine immunity.

Unvaccinated people with a prior infection who experience subsequent infections with worse symptoms are an extreme rarity. If there were significant numbers of infected people having serious subsequent infections, you would hear about it. But you don't. Because it's extremely rare. You are MUCH MUCH more likely to see a vaccinated person with a serious infection. Data from Israel shows that vaccinated people are 6.72 times more likely to get infected than those with natural immunity. The Israeli Covid dashboard shows that about half of the hospital patients with severe infections are fully vaccinated. On the flip side, the estimated risk of re-infection is 0.1%, according to this observational study involving over 600,000 participants.

Vaccine immunity can induce higher levels of antibodies in the blood that target the spike protein than what is normally seen with natural immunity. This kind of data is frequently cited to argue that vaccine immunity is better than natural immunity. Yes, the vaccine immunity is very deep, but it is not very broad at all. Natural immunity is much broader, involving a much wider range of immune response than vaccine immunity.

The vaccines induce the immune system to produce antibodies for the spike protein on the virus. The spike protein is the most important part of the Covid virus, so it makes sense that the vaccines target this protein, but it is not the only protein. This article describes how there are five proteins that the immune system can identify and build antibodies for. Natural immunity produces all of these antibodies, whereas vaccine immunity is all about the spike protein. This is a possible explanation for why vaccine immunity seems to be so much shorter lived, since mutations on the spike protein can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine induced antibodies. In cases of mutation of the spike protein, natural immunity can still summon antibodies that can recognize the other proteins of the virus that haven't mutated as much.

Another major difference between natural and vaccine immunity involves mucosal antibodies, which are antibodies that exist in the mucus found in your upper respiratory tract (URT). The vaccines only induce antibodies in the blood. Natural immunity would include the production of these mucosal antibodies, and these antibodies would be the first defense against a subsequent infection since Covid always attacks the URT first. This article explains how these antibodies work. In vaccinated people exposed to Covid, the virus first infects their URT, and the infection rages on much like an un-vaccinated person. The vaccine induced antibodies cannot be brought to bear against the infection until the infection has progressed into the lower respiratory tract, where the blood barrier exists. This would explain why vaccinated people are pretty much just as likely to get infected and spread the virus. The next generation of Covid vaccines in development that show much promise are intranasal vaccines that can help include these mucosal antibodies.

There is some emerging data that people with prior infections have more complications with the vaccines. The standing advice I have from my personal doctor is that I should NOT get the vaccine at this time, because of a prior infection. In his own practice, the people who had the most trouble with the vaccines had prior infections. There is a good argument that people with prior infections should be discouraged from getting the vaccines.

I believe the vaccines do provide good protection against severe infection. The data to support this claim is overwhelming at this point. In that respect, the vaccines work. The vaccines are a good choice for a big majority of people. But any talk of mandatory vaccinations that ignore prior infections is suspicious. What is the agenda? Whatever it is, it's certainly not based on the superiority of vaccine immunity. Mandatory vaccination pushes that ignore prior infections are irrational, and possibly dangerous as well to those with prior infections.

I don't know why and agree it casts another blemish on the messaging around Covid.

My question would be, what incremental risk does the vaccine pose to people who have had prior infection?

X% risk of vaccine
?? % risk of vaccine in people with prior infection.

If there is no incremental risk then that would support vaccination.

I agree with your premise that forced vaccinations, vaccine passports, and mandates are immoral and bad policy though.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
I've had several reinfection patients in my ER room. Not sure if this is true.
You know damn well as well as I do that if severe reinfections were common, the media would be broadcasting every single case. The truth is it's hard to find those stories. They do exist, but you're much more likely to find data and stories about vaccinated people with severe infections and deaths.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Seems like we've been saying this for 18+ months. Still makes you wonder why the NIH, CDC, Surgeon General, FauXi et al, never include us in the vax v unvaxxed debate.

It's the recovered who are the strongest and most immune and least susceptible to reinfection. The Jab destroys natural immunity.

Here's the kicker in the article:

The results provide hope that people receiving SARS-CoV-2 vaccines will develop similar lasting immune memories after vaccination.

They know their Jab is based on hope and dreams.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Here is an article from the Blaze that lists 15 separate studies, all in 2021, that indicate that natural immunity is better than vaccine immunity. Natural immunity is broader and decays slower than vaccine immunity. I'll just link the Blaze article itself, but you can check out the 15 studies it links to and see for yourself:

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
Yet another study. Still in pre-print.

"This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant."

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
I'm going this afternoon to get the antibody test. I had the Rona last fall, and it's almost a daily fight in my house as to whether I'm immune or not. I was told last night if I'm not going to take the shot, I need to go ahead "and let her know how all the bills are paid, as I'll be dead if I go in the hospital". I try to convince her with statistics, but she's just too fearful.

I love that ol hussy, but damned if this Rona shit ain't gonna cause a divorce. I told her IF I have no antibodies, I'll CONSIDER getting the jab (I'm not actually getting the jab). So, keep your fingers crossed for me.

PowerMEGA

God Fearing Patriot
Founder
I'm going this afternoon to get the antibody test. I had the Rona last fall, and it's almost a daily fight in my house as to whether I'm immune or not. I was told last night if I'm not going to take the shot, I need to go ahead "and let her know how all the bills are paid, as I'll be dead if I go in the hospital". I try to convince her with statistics, but she's just too fearful.

I love that ol hussy, but damned if this Rona shit ain't gonna cause a divorce. I told her IF I have no antibodies, I'll CONSIDER getting the jab (I'm not actually getting the jab). So, keep your fingers crossed for me.
How do you know you have Covid last fall? Was it confirmed with a PCR test result? There is a chance that your antibodies might be at an undetectable level right now. That does not mean you don't have immunity; you do have immunity even if you don't have antibodies in your bloodstream.

t_money86

Legendary
Founder
I've had several reinfection patients in my ER room. Not sure if this is true.
fefa31df-1eb2-436e-811c-b37fe6a5c854_text.gif

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
How do you know you have Covid last fall? Was it confirmed with a PCR test result? There is a chance that your antibodies might be at an undetectable level right now. That does not mean you don't have immunity; you do have immunity even if you don't have antibodies in your bloodstream.
Yeah, tested positive, lost taste and smell. Was mid-October last year (on vacation of all times to be sick). My wife's a nurse and works public health for the DOD. She's a basket case about me not taking the jab. The docs at her work have her convinced it's safe...and frankly I'm not sold on it.

She says that they've been working on SARS vaccines of this type for 20+ years, they just adjusted the protein to counteract the Rona. I've been in the DYCA too long to think the Government/Big Pharma has my best interests at heart.

Top Bottom