Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Family and the CoCo (COVID)

I don't want to come across as if I'm trying to inject my opinion on anybody here. I don't even fully know what my opinion is these days. I tend to lean to the right on most issues and I agree with a majority of what is posted here. I also want to share my current experiences with you guys and, honestly, to ask all of you praying folk to pray for my family.

My grandmother (78) contracted COVID a couple of weeks back. One week ago she went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital and has been receiving oxygen since. Her O2 Saturation has not climbed high enough for her to be released, but she is doing well enough overall. She seems to be improving.

My mother (53), who helped take care of my grandmother and grandfather while all this was going on, contracted COVID around a week after Grandma did. She went to the ER this Monday and was admitted to the hospital. Same story as my Grandma, but she was taken to the ICU last night as her case seems a bit worse. She is one step below a ventilator, they say. The doctor also believes she has reached her plateau and will recover from here. I am praying/believing that this is the case.

My uncle (50) went to the hospital a month or two ago with COVID. He did okay with it, and was set to be discharged a few weeks ago. However, the next thing I hear is that his lung collapsed and he is not expected to make it through the weekend (he did. he has actually recovered a bit since). They are now looking for a facility that will take him for a special treatment (basically dialysis for the lungs/heart) but he has been turned down by Huntsville, Vanderbilt, and Birmingham because his case is too bad. If he receives this treatment they are giving him a 30-40% chance to live.

Interestingly, my dad had COVID back in 2020 (very mild case). He has been super exposed to my mom and has not shown a single symptom. I have also had COVID back in February (also very mild case) and I saw/hugged my mom the day before she started showing symptoms. No symptoms for me either. I'm not a disease scientist, but that seems to speak pretty well of natural immunity. Having said that, my grandpa and aunt (aunt has been taking care of grandma/grandpa alone since mom got sick) both got vaccinated. Not a single symptom. Again, I don't know enough nor do I have enough data to say for sure, but that seems to speak well of vaccinated immunity? That's not to say anything about a brand new vaccine that might have terrible long-term side-effects that we don't know about because it wasn't tested long enough. I hope that's not the case for my aunt/grandpa. Either way, I'm only stating what I see.

Again, I'm not trying to push a narrative here. I'm just sharing my family's experiences with you all. And again, asking for prayer for my family's healing/recovery. I hope everybody out there is well.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
I don't want to come across as if I'm trying to inject my opinion on anybody here. I don't even fully know what my opinion is these days. I tend to lean to the right on most issues and I agree with a majority of what is posted here. I also want to share my current experiences with you guys and, honestly, to ask all of you praying folk to pray for my family.

My grandmother (78) contracted COVID a couple of weeks back. One week ago she went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital and has been receiving oxygen since. Her O2 Saturation has not climbed high enough for her to be released, but she is doing well enough overall. She seems to be improving.

My mother (53), who helped take care of my grandmother and grandfather while all this was going on, contracted COVID around a week after Grandma did. She went to the ER this Monday and was admitted to the hospital. Same story as my Grandma, but she was taken to the ICU last night as her case seems a bit worse. She is one step below a ventilator, they say. The doctor also believes she has reached her plateau and will recover from here. I am praying/believing that this is the case.

My uncle (50) went to the hospital a month or two ago with COVID. He did okay with it, and was set to be discharged a few weeks ago. However, the next thing I hear is that his lung collapsed and he is not expected to make it through the weekend (he did. he has actually recovered a bit since). They are now looking for a facility that will take him for a special treatment (basically dialysis for the lungs/heart) but he has been turned down by Huntsville, Vanderbilt, and Birmingham because his case is too bad. If he receives this treatment they are giving him a 30-40% chance to live.

Interestingly, my dad had COVID back in 2020 (very mild case). He has been super exposed to my mom and has not shown a single symptom. I have also had COVID back in February (also very mild case) and I saw/hugged my mom the day before she started showing symptoms. No symptoms for me either. I'm not a disease scientist, but that seems to speak pretty well of natural immunity. Having said that, my grandpa and aunt (aunt has been taking care of grandma/grandpa alone since mom got sick) both got vaccinated. Not a single symptom. Again, I don't know enough nor do I have enough data to say for sure, but that seems to speak well of vaccinated immunity? That's not to say anything about a brand new vaccine that might have terrible long-term side-effects that we don't know about because it wasn't tested long enough. I hope that's not the case for my aunt/grandpa. Either way, I'm only stating what I see.

Again, I'm not trying to push a narrative here. I'm just sharing my family's experiences with you all. And again, asking for prayer for my family's healing/recovery. I hope everybody out there is well.

That’s awful. Prayers to you and your family

Scratchmyvolsroughly

Elite
Founder

What Treatments did these hospitals give your family members ? Did you ask questions or just agree

regeneron
Ibermectin
HCQ
Massive doses of steroids and vit c

you should watch this

BigBucnNole

Elite
That’s great. It’s not as if we want to see the vaccines fail, quite the opposite I would believe. At least the large majority of us. We all have people we know that got it and want the best for them

Who’s we? Plenty of folks here want to see it fail.

What Treatments did these hospitals give your family members ? Did you ask questions or just agree
My dad has been handling all those decisions. They are only allowing one person a day to visit her and he has been the one there so I have only received updates at this point.

Thank you for the info.

HnstTune

Elite
Founder
Who’s we? Plenty of folks here want to see it fail.
I think you confuse skepticism with a desire for it to fail. This vaccine was rushed to market, there’s no liability if there are serious side effects and there’s tons of evidence mounting that it’s not working. There’s plenty of room for doubt. But as stated we all know people that took the vaccine. My wife took it. My sister took it. I’m certainly not rooting for bad things to happen to them.

Anecdotally my whole family had it a few weeks back (wife, 3 kids and myself) and it certainly didn’t appear as though the vaccine protected my wife any more than my unvaccinated immune system protected me. Luckily we all had mostly mild symptoms and recovered quickly.

That’s great. It’s not as if we want to see the vaccines fail, quite the opposite I would believe. At least the large majority of us. We all have people we know that got it and want the best for them
I certainly didn't mean to insinuate that anybody here wished for the vax to fail. I know it is a bit of a hot-button issue for a lot of folks here. It's something I still haven't even made my mind up on just because it was rushed to production and historically vaccines that were rushed to production have some pretty gnarly side effects down the road. High hopes that this is not the case with this one.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Wanted to give an update here. My uncle passed away mid-August. Maybe the 16th-ish. My grandma passed away on August 30th and my mom passed away on October 3rd.

Sucks a lot.
So sorry man.

@laterallyshaking is a good friend of mine and a great dude all around. I know he had a great relationship with his mom

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Wanted to give an update here. My uncle passed away mid-August. Maybe the 16th-ish. My grandma passed away on August 30th and my mom passed away on October 3rd.

Sucks a lot.
Don’t know how I missed this update but I’m so sorry brother.

I’ll keep you and your family in my thoughts.

Please reach out if you need anything even if it’s just to shoot the shit.

BigBucnNole

Elite

regeneron
Ibermectin
HCQ
Massive doses of steroids and vit c

you should watch this

STFU. As bad as the fuggin vax police. Nobody needs yore preaching about the temple of Ivermectin. Folks can make reasonable choices for themselves.

Go play in traffic, thx.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
STFU. As bad as the fuggin vax police. Nobody needs yore preaching about the temple of Ivermectin. Folks can make reasonable choices for themselves.

Go play in traffic, thx.
Really….maybe you should try comedy for your “next” career. 1st day of school is reading a room….you picked trolling in this one. 🤔

Top Bottom