Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

@MortgageHorn Travel Recs - Everyone is Invited to Post Your Own - Cool Places to Travel/Where to Stay/Where to Eat/Etc

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
Puerto Vallarta -

My fave restaurant in PV is

The Iguana
One of the Top Restaurants Where I Have Dined
Food View Service Ambiance 5-Star
https://casakimberly.com/the-iguana-restaurant-tequila-bar/

casa-kimberly-iguana-restaurant-images-03-1160x653.jpg

casa-kimberly-iguana-restaurant-images-05-1160x653.jpg

History of Boutique Hotel and Restaurant
The luxurious nine-suite boutique hotel, with an open-air rooftop restaurant, tequila bar, pool and an intimate spa, was lovingly created from the quaint side-by-side houses once owned by the star-crossed couple.

Casa Kimberly’s history begins in 1962, when Burton came to the sleepy fishing village of Puerto Vallarta to star in director John Huston’s classic The Night of the Iguana. Burton and Taylor had met a few years before, on the set of Cleopatra, and were in the whirl of a scandalous romance—she was still married to Eddie Fisher, he to Sybil Williams.

But they couldn’t bear to be apart. Perhaps as an oblique nod to propriety, Burton arranged for Elizabeth (as she preferred to be called) to stay in Casa Kimberly, directly across the street from his own casita. He built a bridge connecting the two—as handy for avoiding the paparazzi as it was for escaping their spirited fights—and gave Casa Kimberly to Taylor for her 32nd birthday in 1964. The lovebirds, who married and divorced each other twice, never lost their affection for Puerto Vallarta.

In 2010, Casa Kimberly was exquisitely renovated and reimagined. The pink marble heart-shaped tub commissioned by Liz, the lozenge-shape pool she and Burton both swam in, and the famous bridge known as the Puente del Amor have all been restored to their former glory.

In addition, the new Casa Kimberly boasts nine regal suites, each individually designed and appointed with magnificent antiques, crystal chandeliers, hand-painted tiles, and exquisite state-of-the art baths. Spacious patios with Jacuzzis and plunge pools take in Puerto Vallarta’s exquisite views, a Spa offers a custom menu of pampering, and The Iguana, a first-class restaurant with a contemporary Mexican menu and an adjacent top-flight tequila bar, take in the soft sea breezes as they cater to epicurean tastes and thirsts.

The spirit of the couple whose love put Puerto Vallarta on the map also wafts through Casa Kimberly. The luxuriant lifestyle personified by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton has been recreated and tailored for our 21st century guests.

About Restaurant

Casa Kimberly’s open air restaurant, The Iguana, overlooks the city of Puerto Vallarta and Banderas Bay and serves contemporary Mexican cuisine in an elegant but informal ambience.

Retractable walls take advantage of gentle coastal breezes and crystal chandeliers add soft light while water dances in the adjacent courtyard fountain. The dining room wraps around to an outdoor patio with shady palms and another central fountain. In between is nestled the boutique Tequila Bar, serving a wide array of top flight tequilas and mezcals, all made within driving distance of Casa Kimberly in the legendary region of Jalisco.

Executive Chef Jesus Suastegui has created a menu blending traditional Mexican dishes with modern culinary influences. Fresh, local and seasonal are his guiding principles.
The Iguana Tequila Bar specializes in the region’s best tequilas and mezcals. With several dozen top flight and often rare labels, this is a tequila aficionado’s dream.

Resident tequila experts can help acquaint newcomers to the heart and soul of this beloved spirit. A full bar and wine list including some renowned Mexican labels are also available. House specialty cocktails take advantage of local fruits, herbs and spices to create a uniquely enticing selection.

I L❤️ve This Place - First Time There Had a Chilled Soup That Was a Black-Bean Semi-Puree on One Half and the Other Half Was a Creamy Avocado - The Chef Had It Served Half and Half Like the Yin-Yang Sign

1648695875170.png

Soup Tasted Heavenly and Presentation Was Bad-Ass

Service is Like Should You Drop Your Napkin Waiter Catches It Before It Hits the Ground

Everything on the Menu is Phenomenal!

If You Are Taking a Wife/Girlfriend Here For Dinner and She Doesn't Offer Herself For Dessert - You Are Doing it Wrong.

Ocean Grill -
Great Spot for Lunch - Have to Get Their Via Boat aka "Water Taxi" Call Restaurant They Will Arrange - Very Cool Place - Awesome Food
https://oceangrill.mx/home
Built Out Over the Water on a Private Bay

rs=w:1300,h:800

Take Your Bathing Suits and Swim the Bay and Go to the Beach There

Here is Menu - Key Lime Pie for Dessert is Top Shelf

https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/0a26033c-b921-4d55-8972-4de60d9a3fd9/Menu OG 2021 PDF ING.pdf

Le Kliff

Le-Kliff-Restaurant-Puerto-Vallarta.jpg

View - Service - Food - 1st Class

Outside of Town - Worth the Drive

Menu

http://www.lekliff.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Le-Kliff-Menu-Feb-2022_web.pdf

Pipi's -
Fun Atmosphere Mexican Food - Off the Beaten Path in Town - Great Margaritas Good Mexican Food

There Are Many Great Places to Eat There - Ask Around Be Adventurous - These Are Four I Hit Almost Every Visit There.

Last edited:

MortgageHorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Founder
Costa Rica

My Favorite Place if Taking Sand to the Beach aka a Date Would Be Either the Four Seasons Hotel Which is a Short Drive From the Second Major Airport in Costa Rica Located in Liberia

Or

South of Quepos is a Great Area and Town Called Uvita - Lots of Great Towns Like Ojochal With Awesome Food Along the Coast There

https://citrusrestaurante.com/

Restaurant is on Par With La Iguana These Two Are in My Top 3 All-Time Best Meals

Whales-Tail Beach is Really Cool
marino-ballena-national-park-costa-rica.jpg.webp

The Arenal Area is Fun But I'm More of a Beach Person Once You've Seen a Volcano and Soaked in the Hot-Springs for a While I'm Bored

If I'm Not Taking Sand to the Beach aka "Guy's Trip" Jaco has Restaurants, the Nightlife, Girls, Adventure Tours, Nearby Surfing, and Fishing Over Out of Los Suenos - Can Play Tennis and Golf There Too

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Currently in the Dominican, staying at Azul Cap Cana brand new resort with an Italian, a Thai, steak house and the usual resort buffet included also a landshark brewery. Foods been solid not a bad deal for under 1500 for 3 days.

Last edited:

Emma tenywa

Elite
Where are we @Emma tenywa . Looks amazing. Might be scared that a flood would sweep me away in the middle of the night.
Hahaha no no, the place is called wild Waters lodge. Its located on river nile. There are rapids at it's location which cause the turbulence and hence the name, but be sure it's very safe and real nice, feeling the River just below your feet

Top Bottom