Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Morning Crew: Good Monday Morning Croots ☀️ | Eeffoc?

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
Did a little lawn work yesterday, and I guess I got heat exhaustion. Still don't feel great. Might be an early day.

Watching a buddy's dog while he's dealing with a family emergency. Went in this morning to let the dog out and took me a good 2 minutes to get her alert. I think she was having a seizure, but I thought the dog was dead there for a bit. Scared the shit out of me.

Gonna work on getting tenants screened for the rental. Had 15 applications. Because I didn't meet any of them, I am going to work on getting them ranked. Louisville Metro recently passed a law that you HAVE to take an application on a person, basically no matter what (there are a few exceptions...but you basically have to be a murder or cho-mo to be disqualified to apply). Attorneys are going full bore trying to catch people not doing this so they can sue.

Upside is, they still have to pass your screening process so it's a matter of disqualifying them. Partner said he felt comfortable renting to any of them. I'll rank em and he will send the link for them to do background/credit check.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Did a little lawn work yesterday, and I guess I got heat exhaustion. Still don't feel great. Might be an early day.

Watching a buddy's dog while he's dealing with a family emergency. Went in this morning to let the dog out and took me a good 2 minutes to get her alert. I think she was having a seizure, but I thought the dog was dead there for a bit. Scared the shit out of me.

Gonna work on getting tenants screened for the rental. Had 15 applications. Because I didn't meet any of them, I am going to work on getting them ranked. Louisville Metro recently passed a law that you HAVE to take an application on a person, basically no matter what (there are a few exceptions...but you basically have to be a murder or cho-mo to be disqualified to apply). Attorneys are going full bore trying to catch people not doing this so they can sue.

Upside is, they still have to pass your screening process so it's a matter of disqualifying them. Partner said he felt comfortable renting to any of them. I'll rank em and he will send the link for them to do background/credit check.
The do-gooders still bitch at owners of properties without knowing what time and costs are expended in owning a property before, during and after renting.

Last edited:

BLatta12

Administrator
Administrator

I feel you on the heat. We went from wearing jackets to the 90's in what seemed like a couple of days.

Good luck with the tenants. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Edgehollow

Elite
Founder
The do-gooders still bitch at owners of properties without knowing what time and costs are expended in owning a property before, during and after renting.
One of the guys on a real estate Facebook group posted a video yesterday of a trashed unit he just got evicted. Renter had not paid out of pocket for over a year. Lot of people showed their true colors during this Covid bullshit.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
One of the guys on a real estate Facebook group posted a video yesterday of a trashed unit he just got evicted. Renter had not paid out of pocket for over a year. Lot of people showed their true colors during this Covid bullshit.
I've seen it often doing pest control in apartments/rentals. It's amazing that people live in that or allow it to occur. But, why not? If it's Section 8, all is paid for except about $25 they have to pay each month. The things I've seen in 30 years boggles the mind.

Latest posts

Top Bottom