Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Modern Board games

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Anyone else been into these? I had played settlers of catan a few years back but was kind of lukewarm on it.

Seems like there are a ton more options now. And once you learn how to play them. I’ve got a very short attention span for things, but I

I played pandemic (the game) with the family this weekend. It’s a coop game so you either win as a team or lose as a team.

We also have been playing a game called splendor that’s more of a card game, but a ton of strategy involved

ThetaMale

Poster
Anyone else been into these? I had played settlers of catan a few years back but was kind of lukewarm on it.

Seems like there are a ton more options now. And once you learn how to play them. I’ve got a very short attention span for things, but I

I played pandemic (the game) with the family this weekend. It’s a coop game so you either win as a team or lose as a team.

We also have been playing a game called splendor that’s more of a card game, but a ton of strategy involved
Pandemic is hard. I bet you lost.

Zombicide is super good, and just about any social deduction game like Secret Hitler or Werewolf is fantastic.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Pandemic is hard. I bet you lost.

Zombicide is super good, and just about any social deduction game like Secret Hitler or Werewolf is fantastic.
We actually won on 5 epidemic cards which was the second highest difficulty. The biggest key for us was taking max advantage of role cards

My brother did say there are different versions though

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
i think it was the 4th time. The first time we tried to play with two 7 year olds so it was near impossible.

Next couple times we just jumped to higher difficulty and won last night

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Played a game called “code names” with the family on vacation. It was fun, but have no idea how it compares to other board games.
Haven’t heard of that one. I looked it up and seems to be the same style as some of the new ones

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Haven’t heard of that one. I looked it up and seems to be the same style as some of the new ones
It was fun for the family. Covered a wide range of ages and we had a good time
Playing it.

That’s about the only board game I have played recently though. Never heard of pandemic or any of the other ones.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
It was fun for the family. Covered a wide range of ages and we had a good time
Playing it.

That’s about the only board game I have played recently though. Never heard of pandemic or any of the other ones.
There are a lot of co-op games now where you win or lose together. Makes it better for the more competitive types

Latest posts

Top Bottom