Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

TheFiend

Poster
Metal Building Forum
🇺🇲Made in America🇺🇲
magicut_1724356330644.png
An independent, American metal industry forum, supporting, promoting and connecting verified professional US metal working businesses.

Screenshot_2024-08-23-07-57-07-61_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

MetalBuildingForum was founded by American businessman and industry expert, Spacebar

"I’m so incredibly thrilled to be blessed with the opportunity to be in a position where I have the time and required skillset to both create this forum, and maintain/moderate it."

"Metal Buildings & Carports’ goal is to have a community outside of Facebook where users can bond over their shared interest and/or profession. Users will be able to discuss their structure’s design, permitting, site work, foundations, leave manufacturer reviews, get quotes, find crews, and so much more."

"I truly thank you for taking the time to stop by the forum. Please say hello introduce yourself inBehind the Barn !"

"As the community grows, it will get harder and harder to keep up with moderation, and I will be needed to bring some new mods on board. If that’s something that interests you, please stay active within the community, report rule violations when you see them, and PM me to let me know if you’re interested."

Screenshot_2024-08-23-07-59-44-12_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpgScreenshot_2024-08-23-08-01-24-80_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

Quick Note
"This entire post has been written with the prefabricated steel tube-frame buildings industry in mind. Red iron AKA L-beam structures have a completely different sales and distribution process. I’m going to work on creating a post specifically for that industry in the future, but I need to learn more about it first. My experience, for the most part, ends with tube-frame buildings."

Common Concerns
"I was just browsing another forum and read about where someone was currently at in their buying process, and it reminded me of dozens of other experiences I’ve heard/read about. The problem in question is wading through the hundreds of dealer/broker companies and getting to a manufacturer. Many people worry the dealers are charging them 20-30% more than the manufacturer would. They want to avoid a middleman and go straight to the source. Going through a middleman just has a negative connotation. Rightfully so, in most industries, that means you’re going to be paying more for the same thing and have no warranty. It’s also harder to verify a middleman is a real company with good intentions. However, that’s not always the case in the tube-frame AKA prefabricated steel building industry."

The Problem With Avoiding Dealers
"If you are shopping for a structure, especially a big building, it’s common to want to see other buildings by the manufacturer in person. You want to get an idea of any defects that may end up on your structure. Display buildings should be the best of the best, after all, and give you an idea of what the manufacturer can do."

"If you are shopping for a metal building in North Carolina, where the entire industry began, traveling to a local manufacturer might not be a big deal. However, if you are in the Midwest, where manufacturers are few and far between, you are going to have to be willing to make long drives to speak directly with manufacturers."

"You may have thought about skipping out on a more well-known manufacturer with a good reputation, in order to go with a manufacturer that is local. At the end of the day, the only thing you probably really care about is whether your building turns out good or not. If that's the case, you should choose the best manufacturer that is within your budget, whether they are within driving distance or not."

Buying From a Dealer vs Buying From a Manufacturer
"In the tube-frame industry, dealers do not apply any kind of extra fees or markups. The buildings they sell are sold at the same price you would pay by going through a manufacturer directly."

"Whichever route you go, the manufacturer will be the one handling the installation and backing the warranty."

Advantages of Going With a Dealer Over a Manufacturer
"Interestingly enough, it can actually be cheaper to go through a dealer. Manufacturers survive by having extremely large dealer networks, and they do not want to compete with their own dealers. Therefore, a manufacturer will not go lower than a certain price, less any current sales, which the dealers also get to use at no cost to them. A dealer can go lower than the manufacturer's price by taking a profit loss right out of their own commission. Of course, not every dealer is willing to do this, but many are."

Online-Only Dealers and Their Benefits
"Online-only dealers are dealers with no sales lot and no office that is open to the public. Now that is bound to sound alarm bells and sound suspicious to most people. If you can’t go visit them, it's tough to determine legitimacy."

"Shockingly enough, going through an online-only dealer might be one of the best things you can do."

"The biggest (only?) advantage that online-only dealers have over dealers with physical sales lots, is that they are bound by no exclusivity contract. Almost all dealers that have display buildings on their sales lots are bound by a contract with whatever manufacturer provided their buildings to sell through no other manufacturers. This makes sense. The manufacturers provide tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands, of dollars in buildings for the dealers to show off to shoppers in order to sell buildings. They don’t want them selling through any other manufacturer. Since online-only dealers are not required to sell only through one manufacturer, they can provide you with multiple quotes from different manufacturers. A good dealer will do this for you and explain the benefits of each manufacturer."

Avoiding Bad Manufacturers, Bad Dealers, and Scams
"In this industry, you need to be cautious. Whether you’re looking for a dealer or a manufacturer, I’d highly recommend finding out what state they are HQ’ed in, even if it’s just a home office (if it’s a dealer). Then, I’d try searching the corresponding Secretary of State’s website to ensure they have a valid business. This will also give you an idea of how long they’ve been in business. After that, I’d recommend checking Google for real-world experiences. Finally, I’d check the BBB just to ensure they don’t have any complaints about them in recent history. Usually, Google reviews are plenty to get an idea of a company, but it doesn’t hurt to check other places."

"If you’re thinking about buying from a dealer, always find out what manufacturer they are using. After finding out, you should call the manufacturer to verify the dealer isn’t trying to pull a fast one on you by inflating prices, and that they are actually a dealer for them. If the dealer doesn’t want to tell you, that should be considered a red flag, and you should move on to the next company."

Final Thoughts
"Whether you buy directly from a manufacturer or go through a dealer, it really doesn’t matter. Think of dealers less like middleman, and more like outsourced sales teams. It’s the same price. The manufacturer is still going to be the one handling the installation, and all warranties will go through the manufacturer. Going through a dealer is a great way to support a local-businesses at no additional cost to you."

Screenshot_2024-08-23-08-00-36-83_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

"Disclaimer: The information shared in this post is based on my personal experience and knowledge gained from working in the industry. While I strive to provide accurate and helpful insights, I encourage readers to conduct their own research and consult with professionals before making any decisions."

~Spacebar~
🇺🇲MetalBuildingForum.com🇺🇲
Screenshot_2024-08-23-08-00-15-74_cbf47468f7ecfbd8ebcc46bf9cc626da.jpg

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
Metal Building Forum
🇺🇲Made in America🇺🇲
View attachment 221417
An independent, American metal industry forum, supporting, promoting and connecting verified professional US metal working businesses.

View attachment 221416

MetalBuildingForum was founded by American businessman and industry expert, Spacebar

"I’m so incredibly thrilled to be blessed with the opportunity to be in a position where I have the time and required skillset to both create this forum, and maintain/moderate it."

"Metal Buildings & Carports’ goal is to have a community outside of Facebook where users can bond over their shared interest and/or profession. Users will be able to discuss their structure’s design, permitting, site work, foundations, leave manufacturer reviews, get quotes, find crews, and so much more."

"I truly thank you for taking the time to stop by the forum. Please say hello introduce yourself inBehind the Barn !"

"As the community grows, it will get harder and harder to keep up with moderation, and I will be needed to bring some new mods on board. If that’s something that interests you, please stay active within the community, report rule violations when you see them, and PM me to let me know if you’re interested."

View attachment 221418View attachment 221419

Quick Note
"This entire post has been written with the prefabricated steel tube-frame buildings industry in mind. Red iron AKA L-beam structures have a completely different sales and distribution process. I’m going to work on creating a post specifically for that industry in the future, but I need to learn more about it first. My experience, for the most part, ends with tube-frame buildings."

Common Concerns
"I was just browsing another forum and read about where someone was currently at in their buying process, and it reminded me of dozens of other experiences I’ve heard/read about. The problem in question is wading through the hundreds of dealer/broker companies and getting to a manufacturer. Many people worry the dealers are charging them 20-30% more than the manufacturer would. They want to avoid a middleman and go straight to the source. Going through a middleman just has a negative connotation. Rightfully so, in most industries, that means you’re going to be paying more for the same thing and have no warranty. It’s also harder to verify a middleman is a real company with good intentions. However, that’s not always the case in the tube-frame AKA prefabricated steel building industry."

The Problem With Avoiding Dealers
"If you are shopping for a structure, especially a big building, it’s common to want to see other buildings by the manufacturer in person. You want to get an idea of any defects that may end up on your structure. Display buildings should be the best of the best, after all, and give you an idea of what the manufacturer can do."

"If you are shopping for a metal building in North Carolina, where the entire industry began, traveling to a local manufacturer might not be a big deal. However, if you are in the Midwest, where manufacturers are few and far between, you are going to have to be willing to make long drives to speak directly with manufacturers."

"You may have thought about skipping out on a more well-known manufacturer with a good reputation, in order to go with a manufacturer that is local. At the end of the day, the only thing you probably really care about is whether your building turns out good or not. If that's the case, you should choose the best manufacturer that is within your budget, whether they are within driving distance or not."

Buying From a Dealer vs Buying From a Manufacturer
"In the tube-frame industry, dealers do not apply any kind of extra fees or markups. The buildings they sell are sold at the same price you would pay by going through a manufacturer directly."

"Whichever route you go, the manufacturer will be the one handling the installation and backing the warranty."

Advantages of Going With a Dealer Over a Manufacturer
"Interestingly enough, it can actually be cheaper to go through a dealer. Manufacturers survive by having extremely large dealer networks, and they do not want to compete with their own dealers. Therefore, a manufacturer will not go lower than a certain price, less any current sales, which the dealers also get to use at no cost to them. A dealer can go lower than the manufacturer's price by taking a profit loss right out of their own commission. Of course, not every dealer is willing to do this, but many are."

Online-Only Dealers and Their Benefits
"Online-only dealers are dealers with no sales lot and no office that is open to the public. Now that is bound to sound alarm bells and sound suspicious to most people. If you can’t go visit them, it's tough to determine legitimacy."

"Shockingly enough, going through an online-only dealer might be one of the best things you can do."

"The biggest (only?) advantage that online-only dealers have over dealers with physical sales lots, is that they are bound by no exclusivity contract. Almost all dealers that have display buildings on their sales lots are bound by a contract with whatever manufacturer provided their buildings to sell through no other manufacturers. This makes sense. The manufacturers provide tens of thousands, sometimes hundreds of thousands, of dollars in buildings for the dealers to show off to shoppers in order to sell buildings. They don’t want them selling through any other manufacturer. Since online-only dealers are not required to sell only through one manufacturer, they can provide you with multiple quotes from different manufacturers. A good dealer will do this for you and explain the benefits of each manufacturer."

Avoiding Bad Manufacturers, Bad Dealers, and Scams
"In this industry, you need to be cautious. Whether you’re looking for a dealer or a manufacturer, I’d highly recommend finding out what state they are HQ’ed in, even if it’s just a home office (if it’s a dealer). Then, I’d try searching the corresponding Secretary of State’s website to ensure they have a valid business. This will also give you an idea of how long they’ve been in business. After that, I’d recommend checking Google for real-world experiences. Finally, I’d check the BBB just to ensure they don’t have any complaints about them in recent history. Usually, Google reviews are plenty to get an idea of a company, but it doesn’t hurt to check other places."

"If you’re thinking about buying from a dealer, always find out what manufacturer they are using. After finding out, you should call the manufacturer to verify the dealer isn’t trying to pull a fast one on you by inflating prices, and that they are actually a dealer for them. If the dealer doesn’t want to tell you, that should be considered a red flag, and you should move on to the next company."

Final Thoughts
"Whether you buy directly from a manufacturer or go through a dealer, it really doesn’t matter. Think of dealers less like middleman, and more like outsourced sales teams. It’s the same price. The manufacturer is still going to be the one handling the installation, and all warranties will go through the manufacturer. Going through a dealer is a great way to support a local-businesses at no additional cost to you."

View attachment 221421

"Disclaimer: The information shared in this post is based on my personal experience and knowledge gained from working in the industry. While I strive to provide accurate and helpful insights, I encourage readers to conduct their own research and consult with professionals before making any decisions."

~Spacebar~
🇺🇲MetalBuildingForum.com🇺🇲
View attachment 221420

Is there a dealer in the southwest region that provides the best bang for your buck?

Spacebar

Poster
Is there a dealer in the southwest region that provides the best bang for your buck?
Hello, I'm Spacebar, the creator of the Metal Building & Carports forum. I run an online dealer and would be happy to price you out if you're within my coverage area.

Southwest would probably be American Steel or Eagle Carports. Eagle only covers to about Texas though.

If you wanna PM me on here or my forum and tell me more about your project, I'll get you a price.

I only do tube frame and commercial buildings, no red iron.

If you wouldn't mind actually posting a thread on the forum I'd appreciate it. I'll get you a quote and generate some activity in the forum 🤣. You might get quotes from other businesses as well, that's kind of the whole point of the forum.

This is my first time here on the forum, so hello everyone 👋

TheFiend

Poster
Hello, I'm Spacebar, the creator of the Metal Building & Carports forum. I run an online dealer and would be happy to price you out if you're within my coverage area.

Southwest would probably be American Steel or Eagle Carports. Eagle only covers to about Texas though.

If you wanna PM me on here or my forum and tell me more about your project, I'll get you a price.

If you wouldn't mind actually posting a thread on the forum I'd appreciate it. I'll get you a quote and generate some activity in the forum 🤣. You might get quotes from other businesses as well, that's kind of the whole point of the forum.

Great to see ya here man.

Welcome to the TheFreeSpeechForum @Spacebar.

TFSF is the original Alabama based, all American freedom of expression community fora.

Attention @shiv, @OTD Sports & @ernestdefoe, @Spacebar, @Rebarcock. gentlemen, please allow me to introduce y'all.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder

What's up dude

TheFiend

Poster
i guess free speech forum lets us advertise here as well? if so then i got some shit to start posting here.
😎There are a few questionable bits here.

For example:
1. You..."guess free speech forum let's us advertise here as well?"

'The Free Speech Forum', ya missed the - 'The' - bit of the TFSF title.

2. "let's us advertise here as well?"

😂 Mate it's The fuckin' Free Speech Forum. Why the hell would ya assume otherwise.
Suppose as you are still a TFSF youngin', probably missed my New Years ad campaign on half price prefab sex dungeons.

Teeaichsee

Poster
for me personally i can seperate free speech from advertising,,and like i said its only my personal opinion. cuz i sell weed and this seems like a good place to advertise since you have given the green light,,,,thank you sir.

all mailed in descreet packaging!

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
😂Well, in that case he's probably going to be a little confused about what is meant by the 5000 life sized "RebarCockdot" sculptures which the founder and CEO of Smartassery Industrial Solutions NZ, Inc, Mr Curioque De La Fiend requested a quote for yesterday.
Well my bet is it has been figured out. He, like me, isn't a fucking Retardcock.
You love my comedy I know

OPD77

Legendary

Thanks for coming in with an avatar...you might have been called everything but your preferred pronoun(s) from one of the resident locals.

Anyway, Welcome Aboard !

I'll be looking forward to the thread.

Teeaichsee

Poster
what type and size metal building do you recommend for a grow operation?? do you also provide the fuse box for all the electrical needs? are these buildings coated with something so that they can be built under ground? or am i better off with a shipping container?

also one more question what caliber of gun will your buildings stop?

Last edited:

Spacebar

Poster
what type and size metal building do you recommend for a grow operation?? do you also provide the fuse box for all the electrical needs? are these buildings coated with something so that they can be built under ground? or am i better off with a shipping container?

I don't know of any company that does both the shell and electrical. We don't even mess with the foundation.

Maybe .22LR? Now I'm curious...

TheFiend

Poster

The size really depends on what you're intending to achieve.
Considering, for example, things like whether you're aiming for a single, dual, multi room operation, whether a single, multi, perpetual, or other hybrid cycle system, whether ya need work, storage, and other additional areas, the type/s & number of plants, the type of growing system/s (eg: soil, hydro, etc...), the type & number of lights, air intake, circulation & extraction capacities, as well as that of the electrical infrastructure, accessibility requirements (eg: basic overt entry/exit points, or more complex stealth alternatives), also depending on the lighting system/s whether additional detection precautions are necessary (eg: RF containment measures, masking electricity usage) etcetera and so forth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom