Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

***Master cyber attacks thread***

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
There are so many these days figure I we needed a running thread.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
There are so many these days figure I we needed a running thread.

Cyber attacks will certainly continue. My question for someone in the forum is this: how do the cyber thugs manage to get a huge ransom payment via the internet and it cannot be followed or traced? I am under the impression that tall online communication leaves a digital footprint.

Trying to spot cyber attacks is futile, BUT devising a way to trace ransom payments and make them null and void at the deposit point would be the solution to the problem. Follow the money and take it back.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
Cyber attacks will certainly continue. My question for someone in the forum is this: how do the cyber thugs manage to get a huge ransom payment via the internet and it cannot be followed or traced? I am under the impression that tall online communication leaves a digital footprint.

Trying to spot cyber attacks is futile, BUT devising a way to trace ransom payments and make them null and void at the deposit point would be the solution to the problem. Follow the money and take it back.
Can’t do that with Crypto.

It was also a just a 5 million dollar ransom, they won’t ask for too much just to prevent situations like that. Thats way, it’s the choice between losing two months worth of production time or possibly being wholly shut down and a low ransom that you can just pay and forget about it. Ransom ware is really routine there’s not much they can really do

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder

That why criminals and terrorists prefer Bitcoin as @JordanPetersHorn .

I was amazed they negotiated with and funded these criminals. Sad stuff.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
That why criminals and terrorists prefer Bitcoin as @JordanPetersHorn .

I was amazed they negotiated with and funded these criminals. Sad stuff.
Then you know even less about the IT industry than I thought, pretty much everyone pays the ransom it’s common practice

They have no recourse to the hackers. The hackers are the only ones that know whatever vulnerability it was and the police and military can’t help like in a hostage situation when we can afford a “we don’t negotiate with terrorists” type of position. They could have their whole company shut down for months and have no way of stopping it and it’s a low ransom, they HAVE to pay

Latest posts

Top Bottom