Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Martin is getting 2,000 new neighbors

catfishpunter

Elite
Founder
What do you think, @Martin?

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/uganda-take-2000-afghan-refugees-us-request-2021-08-17/

KAMPALA, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Uganda said on Tuesday it had agreed to a request from the United States to take in temporarily 2,000 refugees from Afghanistan fleeing after the Taliban takeover.

The east African nation has long experience receiving people escaping conflict and currently hosts about 1.4 million refugees, most from South Sudan.

"The request was made yesterday by the U.S. government to H.E. (President Yoweri Museveni) and he has given them an OK to bring 2,000 (Afghan) refugees to Uganda," Esther Anyakun Davinia, Uganda's junior minister for relief, disaster preparedness and refugees, told Reuters.

"They are going to be here temporarily for three months before the U.S. government resettles them elsewhere."

It was unclear when they would start arriving.

Albania and Kosovo have also accepted a U.S. request to temporarily take in Afghan refugees.

Praise

Elite
What do you think, @Martin?

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/uganda-take-2000-afghan-refugees-us-request-2021-08-17/

KAMPALA, Aug 17 (Reuters) - Uganda said on Tuesday it had agreed to a request from the United States to take in temporarily 2,000 refugees from Afghanistan fleeing after the Taliban takeover.

The east African nation has long experience receiving people escaping conflict and currently hosts about 1.4 million refugees, most from South Sudan.

"The request was made yesterday by the U.S. government to H.E. (President Yoweri Museveni) and he has given them an OK to bring 2,000 (Afghan) refugees to Uganda," Esther Anyakun Davinia, Uganda's junior minister for relief, disaster preparedness and refugees, told Reuters.

"They are going to be here temporarily for three months before the U.S. government resettles them elsewhere."

It was unclear when they would start arriving.

Albania and Kosovo have also accepted a U.S. request to temporarily take in Afghan refugees.
Yes what i can say on this issue is that president Yoweri Miseven is right to accept this because never know one day one time in future He will also ask for the support from Afghnasitan Since Uganda is also just a developing country. That's my point but can Enlight me too. Thanks.

Jtrain80

Legendary
Yes what i can say on this issue is that president Yoweri Miseven is right to accept this because never know one day one time in future He will also ask for the support from Afghnasitan Since Uganda is also just a developing country. That's my point but can Enlight me too. Thanks.

They will be sending fighting aged men, not women and children.

Have you ever heard of a Trojan horse?

We are gonna get you enlightened on way or another!

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
Haha this is new experience to me and how does it use to move and what does it use?

It was used once a long time ago by the Greek people to trick the people of another city Troy. They built a very large horse out of wood and snuck it into the walled city of Troy.

Now everyone knows that trick. So we just use the term "trojan horse" to mean sneaking into a country or place.

If Uganda accepts support from Afghanistan they will not be sending good, happy people. They will be sending people with an agenda to make you do something you don't want to. They will tell you they are there to help when in reality that is not why they are there.

Praise

Elite
It was used once a long time ago by the Greek people to trick the people of another city Troy. They built a very large horse out of wood and snuck it into the walled city of Troy.

Now everyone knows that trick. So we just use the term "trojan horse" to mean sneaking into a country or place.

If Uganda accepts support from Afghanistan they will not be sending good, happy people. They will be sending people with an agenda to make you do something you don't want to. They will tell you they are there to help when in reality that is not why they are there.
Hey thanks for sharing this with me and did you know that fighting Trick was so dangerous and yes you're point is right. How long will they stay in Uganda?

BigBucnNole

Elite
Hey thanks for sharing this with me and did you know that fighting Trick was so dangerous and yes you're point is right. How long will they stay in Uganda?

It's a beautiful story about war. The Greeks led by Agamemnon, his Brother, and Achilles go to war with King Priam of Troy and his sons Hector and Paris.

Long story short, the Trojans were winning and Hector was their greatest warrior. Agamemnon and Achilles of the Greeks didn't agree how to fight the war. Achilles lover Patrokles puts on Achilles armor to lead the Greeks when the Trojans attacked them. Hector, thinking it's Achilles, kills the poor guy. Achilles, seeing his dead male lover vows vengeance and ends up killing Hector.

The Greeks ended up pretending to leave, leaving behind a giant wooden horse full of soldiers. The Trojans thought it was a gift, opened the gates and brought it in. The greeks slipped out and let the greek army into the city. They proceeded to murder every Trojan fag that side of the Mississippi.

Last edited:

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Just saying be careful ol man. They are willing to hate everyone not like them exactly

Overwatch

Poster
Founder

Praise

Elite
Idi Amin

“Amin's rule was characterised by rampant human rights abuses, including political repression, ethnic persecution and extrajudicial killings, as well as nepotism, corruption, and gross economic mismanagement. International observers and human rights groups estimate that between 100,000 and 500,000 people were killed under his regime.“

View attachment 40479
Yes Idi Amin wasn't easy man at all because first of all he wasn't Educated, Taugh man so he used to decide anyhowly.

Top Bottom