Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lots of water out there

mrt

Elite
It is 5am and I have to catch my ride at 8 to go about 4 miles and pickup a couple med refills. Last time I looked out my window was late afternoon after 6pm yesterday and another round of hard rain was moving thru the area. This morning it appears the rains have finally moved east of me so hopefully I won't have to take my shoes off to walk out to the ride. I get surrounded by water when it rains really hard but recently the hurricane never caused a problem but this last one coming up the coast line just sat here for three days and it was still ok until yesterday when the ground just couldn't take any more water. I can't really see out there due to the darkness but maybe it will be enough dry area to walk to the end of my driveway. We still have lots of activity off the coast of Africa so it ain't over yet.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
How much rain have yall had from the storm? I have been busy working all week & haven't kept up, only know the storm stalled out over your general area. Hope you stay high & dry!

mrt

Elite
How much rain have yall had from the storm? I have been busy working all week & haven't kept up, only know the storm stalled out over your general area. Hope you stay high & dry!
According to fox cable weather as of this morning all the rain is supposed to be over New Oleans at this time. Well I can tell you it has been raining all morning, a light mist then downpours and I took a trip 4 miles south of me and it rained really hard. It appears that there is a lot of rain near the coastal areas yet. I haven't paid attention to inches reports only what I see in my yard, in the low areas it is hard to tell because it collects, I can say it did drain off overnight and I was able to actually walk out to my Truck and sit there in the cab waiting for my ride. I was afraid I would have to take off my shoes and roll my pants cuffs up to make that walk,. but it wasn't necessary due to the fast drainage. I think it will remain wet most of the day and hopefully tomorrow the real dry out starts.

Top Bottom