Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LOL New York City Releases PSA on Nuclear Attack (link)....

AgEngDawg

Legendary
If you are in NY City and there is a nuclear attack, you are fucked no matter what. Put your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Thought hiding under a desk was sufficient?
mike-peps.gif

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Thought hiding under a desk was sufficient?

Well, watching their PSA, that is basically what they still say. Go indoors & close windows and doors. Not much you can do about heat, shockwave, and gamma radiation, but if you were a decent distance from ground zero, getting inside and sealing off outside air would actually be good advice.

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Well, watching their PSA, that is basically what they still say. Go indoors & close windows and doors. Not much you can do about heat, shockwave, and gamma radiation, but if you were a decent distance from ground zero, getting inside and sealing off outside air would actually be good advice.

If the nuclear war is with Russia, NY would likely get hit with 5 to 10 nukes.

Who know, maybe more. Swiss cheese.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
If the nuclear war is with Russia, NY would likely get hit with 5 to 10 nukes.

Who know, maybe more. Swiss cheese.

Yeah, pretty unlikely in a nuclear war that anyone in the New York metro area will be on the fringe, or fallout area, for any nuke...they'll be ground zero, vaporized along with the folks in D.C. & others.

Landjeff

Poster
Yeah, pretty unlikely in a nuclear war that anyone in the New York metro area will be on the fringe, or fallout area, for any nuke...they'll be ground zero, vaporized along with the folks in D.C. & others.
Thank God I live in Houston?

AgEngDawg

Legendary
Thank God I live in Houston?

The first thing the Russians will nuke extensively is the refineries.

The Russians will bomb the fuck out of those.

I remember reading a US document postulating that the Russians could potentially just nuke the refineries on the gulf coast and see if cooler heads prevail.

Destroying the refineries would bring the economy to a complete halt.

Jtrain80

Legendary
The first thing the Russians will nuke extensively is the refineries.

The Russians will bomb the fuck out of those.

I remember reading a US document postulating that the Russians could potentially just nuke the refineries on the gulf coast and see if cooler heads prevail.

Destroying the refineries would bring the economy to a complete halt.

Just think, we are a cat 3 hurricane hitting between Houston and New Orleans from $8/gal gas. Exciting times, I know.

Top Bottom