Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

life with my in laws !

Wagonstick 74

Poster
I have been prompted by @Simmer007 to do a weekly story about my in laws. So I will now once a week on Sunday tell a story about them. Here is the inaugural post. Ok, so MIL has life long friend that yesterday was given 2 days to live. (This part sucks and isn’t part of the story). So my wife contacts me and asks if I can get them out to see her before she dies. Me being an airline pilot they have travel Benefits thru me. After I tell her non rev isn’t smart in these type of things due to typical non rev stuff. I said I can help them with orbitz or southwest in getting tickets to go out there this morning. Couple hours go by and I hear nothing. So I text my wife, she informs me that they are driving ! This is from Tulsa to South Carolina mind you and they are both in their 60’s. Now for the reasoning ! My MIL would not let her daughter, my wife get them tickets online. She says they are afraid hackers will steal their info and credit card number and in transit have their (already purchased round trip tickets revoked). And they would be stranded at the airport. Swear to God, so many things to start with in that comment alone but here is the most idiotic part. They in now making the decision to drive now have 3000 times more of a chance of being “stranded” driving at night mind you 18 hours to South Carolina in a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with 150k miles on it !

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
I have been prompted by @Simmer007 to do a weekly story about my in laws. So I will now once a week on Sunday tell a story about them. Here is the inaugural post. Ok, so MIL has life long friend that yesterday was given 2 days to live. (This part sucks and isn’t part of the story). So my wife contacts me and asks if I can get them out to see her before she dies. Me being an airline pilot they have travel Benefits thru me. After I tell her non rev isn’t smart in these type of things due to typical non rev stuff. I said I can help them with orbitz or southwest in getting tickets to go out there this morning. Couple hours go by and I hear nothing. So I text my wife, she informs me that they are driving ! This is from Tulsa to South Carolina mind you and they are both in their 60’s. Now for the reasoning ! My MIL would not let her daughter, my wife get them tickets online. She says they are afraid hackers will steal their info and credit card number and in transit have their (already purchased round trip tickets revoked). And they would be stranded at the airport. Swear to God, so many things to start with in that comment alone but here is the most idiotic part. They in now making the decision to drive now have 3000 times more of a chance of being “stranded” driving at night mind you 18 hours to South Carolina in a 2003 Toyota Tacoma with 150k miles on it !
One man. One mission. Do the impossible.
iu-4.jpeg

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder

Lol if you think 60s is an issue. my dad in his late 80s still drives from Missouri to all over west tejas.
now your in laws reasoning is a little odd. I’m guessing since the MIL made the decision to drive, she’s probably not doing most of the driving, and she wears the pants in the family; your FIL has been cucked.
so I will leave it to the reader to extrapolate how your marriage is ;).
Anyway keep up the stories.. and at least you’ll have them documented in 20 years you can reflect.

Wagonstick 74

Poster
Lol if you think 60s is an issue. my dad in his late 80s still drives from Missouri to all over west tejas.
now your in laws reasoning is a little odd. I’m guessing since the MIL made the decision to drive, she’s probably not doing most of the driving, and she wears the pants in the family; your FIL has been cucked.
so I will leave it to the reader to extrapolate how your marriage is ;).
Anyway keep up the stories.. and at least you’ll have them documented in 20 years you can reflect.
You don’t know how right you are. Although I pick my battles just don’t get totally run over. 60’s isn’t an issue. It’s their logic on things ! Total fucking clowns.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
my dad is a mutltiple million mile career flyer for work travel. He and my mom used to drive through from Dallas to Orlando in one shot with a stop over in Louisiana to get my mom a giant drive through daiquiri. I never understood why because flying and renting a car would be no problem for them. They did this many times over the 15 years they lived there, maybe twice a year. My dad sold his Lexus with 250k miles on it a couple years ago.

Wagonstick 74

Poster
my dad is a mutltiple million mile career flyer for work travel. He and my mom used to drive through from Dallas to Orlando in one shot with a stop over in Louisiana to get my mom a giant drive through daiquiri. I never understood why because flying and renting a car would be no problem for them. They did this many times over the 15 years they lived there, maybe twice a year. My dad sold his Lexus with 250k miles on it a couple years
this makes sense, I get not wanting to go to an airport if you practically live in one the remaining part of the year.

Jtrain80

Legendary
this makes sense, I get not wanting to go to an airport if you practically live in one the remaining part of the year.

I worked with this old fart that worked the North Slope for 20 yrs. Couldn't get him in a plane at gun point. He drove every hitch from Montana to Midland.

Then on days off he would drive his wife from Montana to East TX & Mississippi to see kids and grandkids.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I don’t think there is anything funny about your in laws protecting their cyber security from hackers. Good on them (sarcasm)

Thanks for contributing we will gladly get you in on the podcast in the future to tell some of your stories

lhpvol

Poster
My parents have a place on the beach near Tampa. One of the reasons they bought it is because there's an easy 1.5 hr direct flight from where we live. They even have a car they leave down there so they dont have to rent every time. My father (69) refuses to fly now because he refuses to wear a mask. So he bought a 42' Class A motorcoach and drives the 12+ hours back and forth several times a year. Funny thing is he bought the coach so my mother (73) would be comfortable, but my mom hates riding with him (because he's 69 and driving a big freakin coach) so he leaves a day before her and picks her up at the airport. Then he drops her at the airport and heads home, arriving a day later.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
OP......My MIL recently retired and is on this....living HER best life ever kick. So, she got wasted and left her dog at our house a few weeks ago. But that is just the setup to the fact that she has been driving from North Atl to Fl every 3 weeks to get her hair done in FL. Well, Thursday...on my way home from work, wife calls to ask if I can go by her moms house and get her dog b/c she got up and drove to Fl today and forgot the dog.

I am now of the opinion anyone who makes the statement living their best life.....is CERTIFIABLY INSANE.

I do love her and the dog BUT am most excited about the glorious stories that will be ensuing over the coming year(s). 🤣

Chris Farley

Misunderstood lurker
Founder
41COwsuVveL._AC_SY355_.jpg

quickfeet

Get Steppin’
Founder
Did they complete this trip yet?

Wagonstick 74

Poster
Did they complete this trip yet?
Well as to further the insanity they didn’t leave their house until 12:30am and drove straight through. Arrived in South Carolina around 5:30pm. Mind you my FIL is 69 years old. They didn’t start looking for a hotel until 9pm. Wtf were they doing for 4 hours and not looking for a hotel. To add to the insanity they (of course it’s about my MIL) were angry because the family members they were driving out to see didn’t want to see them till the next day. Heaven forbid I mean it’s not like they were up all night in the hospital with their dying mother. Fuck me my in laws psychosis has no boundaries !!!

CurtOFD78

Elite
I am thankful that my MIL and FIL are sane, good people. Now, my wife's youngest sister, I have endless stories about her. That girl is completely F'd up and she is 42, with NO job and no desire to go out and get one. MIL and FIL make endless excuses for her, but both know she is a complete oxygen thief.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
Boy, could we have a great thread about IL's and traveling. They are retired living in Englewood/Venice just south of Sarasota. This past week, my inlaws did this for a trip to Vegas:
1) Instead of flying out of Sarasota or Tampa(cost apparently even though they have plenty of money), they made the 5.5 hour drive up to Jax(where we live) to fly with us. Of course we weren't direct and spent 8 total hours of travel time.
2) Return with us on the same flights, arrive around 5. Instead of staying with us the night, they decide to drive all the way home in one shot. OR, get half way and spend the night somewhere.

So the out trip was to save money, but they had no issues spending money they didn't need to in order to go home.

Oh, they are both in their 80's. He has sleep apnea and nods off all the time but insists on driving. She just had her second knee replaced and has to get out of the car every 2 hours too stretch.

Another funny thing to watch was them sorting through all their receipts and printed boarding passes trying to find the right one's. We try to get them to get the airline app to do things digitally and they refuse.

catreaper

Master Baiter
Boy, could we have a great thread about IL's and traveling. They are retired living in Englewood/Venice just south of Sarasota. This past week, my inlaws did this for a trip to Vegas:
1) Instead of flying out of Sarasota or Tampa(cost apparently even though they have plenty of money), they made the 5.5 hour drive up to Jax(where we live) to fly with us. Of course we weren't direct and spent 8 total hours of travel time.
2) Return with us on the same flights, arrive around 5. Instead of staying with us the night, they decide to drive all the way home in one shot. OR, get half way and spend the night somewhere.

So the out trip was to save money, but they had no issues spending money they didn't need to in order to go home.

Oh, they are both in their 80's. He has sleep apnea and nods off all the time but insists on driving. She just had her second knee replaced and has to get out of the car every 2 hours too stretch.

Another funny thing to watch was them sorting through all their receipts and printed boarding passes trying to find the right one's. We try to get them to get the airline app to do things digitally and they refuse.
I love englewood. I could also learn to love your FIL dependent on how much money he actually he has.

MVTPatriot

Elite
Founder
I love englewood. I could also learn to love your FIL dependent on how much money he actually he has.

Well he's very liberal and old school in allot of ways I don't agree with. But, I'm not married to him so I don't have to worry about it.

BurntJ

B2B Champ/ Feels Great to be King!
Founder
Update to my above post...MIL called wife today freaking out bc....she just realized our kids finished school today and she had planned on keeping them Thurs and Fri. My wife laughted and told her ......it took 8 hrs to realize you forgot your dog......BUT that’s not bad, you have been in Fl since last Thursday AND JUST REMEMBERED her Granddaughters. 🤣😂

FML....this might be a worse summer than last......and my fucking dad died and we were locked down from Covid. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom