Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Let’s discuss life and death...

Shaun52

SCAR Cawk Connoisseur
Founder
I’ve had a lot of conversations as of late with numerous people about life. Whereas death is brought up more than life is. Why? Death is easy. Too easy that we we expend so much energy trying to prevent it. I’ve lost count of the people I’ve lost. Friends in war. Suicide. Natural causes. Accidents. Old age....etc. I used to be deathly afraid of flying. So scared I would white clinch a headrest for the duration of the flight. Way too many hard landings and being shot at while in the air. No one should live like this. Bottom line is that your time of death is already accounted for. He already knows when it’s time. Why question the very soul that gave every ounce of life for us to live?

Stop worrying about dying and start worrying about living.

QuanChi

Elite
I really look forward to dying, I can’t wait to see what is next, but I also enjoy the challenges presented on Earth. Not suicidal by any means, just am very interested - I’m sure I’ll have more fear creep in when the reality of death is closer. I gained lot of perspective on death when I was fairly young reading Apology by Plato.

Zgdaf

Elite
Founder
I’ve had a lot of conversations as of late with numerous people about life. Whereas death is brought up more than life is. Why? Death is easy. Too easy that we we expend so much energy trying to prevent it. I’ve lost count of the people I’ve lost. Friends in war. Suicide. Natural causes. Accidents. Old age....etc. I used to be deathly afraid of flying. So scared I would white clinch a headrest for the duration of the flight. Way too many hard landings and being shot at while in the air. No one should live like this. Bottom line is that your time of death is already accounted for. He already knows when it’s time. Why question the very soul that gave every ounce of life for us to live?

Stop worrying about dying and start worrying about living.
Who is he? Btw have you tried alternatives like Psilocybin or lsd for the ptsd?

1619573501483.gif

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I’d enjoy this conversation. Used to be terrified of death in middle school years. Witnessed a couple
Of police chases in our neighborhood (which was actually a really nice neighborhood) but for whatever reason it got to me. Took me a couple years to shake it off.

Nowadays, I just tell myself that not one person in the history of the worlds billions of people has defeated death. So why worry about it? Just wake up and appreciate each day that you feel good. One day when you wake up feeling like shit, realizing you don’t have much time left, you will appreciate it.

Not much of a religious person at the moment. Kinda think it ends like the Sopranos. All the sudden it’s just black. At least that’s what I would like to think.

I’d enjoy this conversation. Used to be terrified of death in middle school years. Witnessed a couple
Of police chases in our neighborhood (which was actually a really nice neighborhood) but for whatever reason it got to me. Took me a couple years to shake it off.

Nowadays, I just tell myself that not one person in the history of the worlds billions of people has defeated death. So why worry about it? Just wake up and appreciate each day that you feel good. One day when you wake up feeling like shit, realizing you don’t have much time left, you will appreciate it.

Not much of a religious person at the moment. Kinda think it ends like the Sopranos. All the sudden it’s just black. At least that’s what I would like to think.
No need to be a “religious” person. But you have a creator that longs to have a relationship with you.

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
No need to be a “religious” person. But you have a creator that longs to have a relationship with you.
It’s possible there is a creator. But so are many other explanations. It’s just not that big of a deal for me to know the answer at this point in my life. It’s an A or B answer, either there is or there isn't. Maybe one day I will be more interested in the answer.

I tend to think Religion is more about control and power than anything else.

Top Bottom