Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LAPD officers now required to explain ‘pretextual' stops on cameras - Neutering the Police

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

The Supreme Court has ruled Pretextual stops are completely legal. Cracked windshield, no tag light, headlight out, muffler dragging on the street...all legit, and often leading to a more serious crime or violation.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder

The Supreme Court has ruled Pretextual stops are completely legal. Cracked windshield, no tag light, headlight out, muffler dragging on the street...all legit, and often leading to a more serious crime or violation.
Sounds like they just came up with a new word for racial profiling

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Meh. As someone who thinks that way too many cops abuse their power and don't care about our Rights, I really don't have a problem with this. Pull somebody over for some complete nonsense, then use that to investigate some other shit? Yeah, you should at least have to explain that.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder
Meh. As someone who thinks that way too many cops abuse their power and don't care about our Rights, I really don't have a problem with this. Pull somebody over for some complete nonsense, then use that to investigate some other shit? Yeah, you should at least have to explain that.
Your rebuttal is not without a modicum of truth, BUT when you consider that the US has over 900,000 police officers - A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE are criminally minded.

And have you not seen what the defund the police movement has done? Any time you punish the many for the so called "rights" of the few, you undermine the greater good, and in the US, the majority rules.

And don't give me that bullshit about how mitigating the rights of the few is how the rights of all end up compromised.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Your rebuttal is not without a modicum of truth, BUT when you consider that the US has over 900,000 police officers - A VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE are criminally minded.

And have you not seen what the defund the police movement has done? Any time you punish the many for the so called "rights" of the few, you undermine the greater good, and in the US, the majority rules.

And don't give me that bullshit about how mitigating the rights of the few is how the rights of all end up compromised.

Lmao at your last sentence, as if that is "bullshit."

I feel you about the defund the police bs, but I also think our police have way too much power. Most of them probably are not criminally minded, as you say, but I do think they have an us versus them mentality and are out to get people for the most part. I have been pulled over for absolute bullshit, not even legal reasons, as has nearly everyone I know...doing that, and then investigating something completely unrelated to the reason for the stop is about like entering a home without a warrant or probably cause IMO.

Top Bottom