Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Juneteenth *officially* a federal holiday

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
CommonArtisticBadger-max-1mb.gif

Detective John Kimble

Stop whining!
Founder
Direct quote from the email:

"We simply can't fulfill this job for you in the way we had hoped. I can't "stick it to the man" as the "man" bears the access to our client's online success. I hate that. I feel that in many ways, free speech has already ended"
Wait, so they didn’t want to do it, but really were pussies? That’s even worse.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Wait, so they didn’t want to do it, but really were pussies? That’s even worse.
Owner is a self-proclaimed libertarian too. I think they run a good business, but it's really interesting watching people lately get put in to a position to have to choose between their values versus their comfort, and one after another sacrifice what they believe in to maintain the status quo.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Owner is a self-proclaimed libertarian too. I think they run a good business, but it's really interesting watching people lately get put in to a position to have to choose between their values versus their comfort, and one after another sacrifice what they believe in to maintain the status quo.
It's ok I'll do all your marketing for you at no cost. Text me whenever.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Europe existed for centuries on a peasant based system where peasants had no choice but to work the land and send the lord food as their form of taxes. There was no paycheck, no social mobility, and the feudal system owned those people. And then would gather a bunch together and march them off to war every other year.

The Chinese, the Indians, Africa, all over the planet the exact same system existed everywhere because when you farm, the return to human labor is diminishing. The price of crops is always going down. You can't build that around payment. Payment, broadly speaking, is a relatively new phenomenon for the general population that didn't come around as compensation until the industrial revolution. And even then it was almost sporadic. The great depression even reverted large parts, 8 million people, of this country to a feudal based system tied to share cropping.

So what are we celebrating here? Black people getting out of feudalism? Black people had it worse than any other people ever in the history of ever? The fucked up part of this country was Jim Crow. And apparently all the libs and lib blacks are larping so bad because they actually wish they were born under that garbage.

That's why I hate the argument that the Civil War was fought over slavery. It gives credence to something that wasn't understood or viewed even remotely in the same lens as we want to view it today. Only 30 years before the war, the British "ended" slavery in their colonies. Though someone forgot to tell India and later Africa that. The Russians ended serfdom in the 1860's, and that's not even really true because that system existed into the 1940's. And don't get me started on the French Empire. US Slavery in context wasn't some sort of aberration. If anything it was a blue print for dealing in agriculture because of problems highlighted above. And neither side in the war cared about it beyond which states were ag based versus industrial. If anything, the two diverging cultural identities between north and south were based in property rights. Where a northern farmer might own a plot of land and work it, a southern patrician owned large estates. And that rippled through both societies.

By the last year of the war, the Northern Democrats thought they'd win the election and McClellan would be President. Back channels between Northern Democrats and southern counter parts even composed a very general possible treaty that allowed the South back into the Union and would keep their slaves. It was ultimately rejected by the South because the South in their minds were too different than the North and it was only post poning the inevitable, which was that the two societies could not coexist. And one of them had to be destroyed.

So... the Civil War was so much more than just slavery. It was a true identity that dated back tot he first settlers stepping foot on the continent. The North was never a agriculture society, they were shipping based and their winters were too long to grow profitable crops. The country as it stood could not survive post revolution centered around the east coast, we had to expand. And when that expansion took place, you had two societies competing for influence and power, and ultimately it came to a head.

America 1st

Founder
Europe existed for centuries on a peasant based system where peasants had no choice but to work the land and send the lord food as their form of taxes. There was no paycheck, no social mobility, and the feudal system owned those people. And then would gather a bunch together and march them off to war every other year.

The Chinese, the Indians, Africa, all over the planet the exact same system existed everywhere because when you farm, the return to human labor is diminishing. The price of crops is always going down. You can't build that around payment. Payment, broadly speaking, is a relatively new phenomenon for the general population that didn't come around as compensation until the industrial revolution. And even then it was almost sporadic. The great depression even reverted large parts, 8 million people, of this country to a feudal based system tied to share cropping.

So what are we celebrating here? Black people getting out of feudalism? Black people had it worse than any other people ever in the history of ever? The fucked up part of this country was Jim Crow. And apparently all the libs and lib blacks are larping so bad because they actually wish they were born under that garbage.

That's why I hate the argument that the Civil War was fought over slavery. It gives credence to something that wasn't understood or viewed even remotely in the same lens as we want to view it today. Only 30 years before the war, the British "ended" slavery in their colonies. Though someone forgot to tell India and later Africa that. The Russians ended serfdom in the 1860's, and that's not even really true because that system existed into the 1940's. And don't get me started on the French Empire. US Slavery in context wasn't some sort of aberration. If anything it was a blue print for dealing in agriculture because of problems highlighted above. And neither side in the war cared about it beyond which states were ag based versus industrial. If anything, the two diverging cultural identities between north and south were based in property rights. Where a northern farmer might own a plot of land and work it, a southern patrician owned large estates. And that rippled through both societies.

By the last year of the war, the Northern Democrats thought they'd win the election and McClellan would be President. Back channels between Northern Democrats and southern counter parts even composed a very general possible treaty that allowed the South back into the Union and would keep their slaves. It was ultimately rejected by the South because the South in their minds were too different than the North and it was only post poning the inevitable, which was that the two societies could not coexist. And one of them had to be destroyed.

So... the Civil War was so much more than just slavery. It was a true identity that dated back tot he first settlers stepping foot on the continent. The North was never a agriculture society, they were shipping based and their winters were too long to grow profitable crops. The country as it stood could not survive post revolution centered around the east coast, we had to expand. And when that expansion took place, you had two societies competing for influence and power, and ultimately it came to a head.
Spot on.

More plainly put slavery was viewed as social mobility in the slave states and taking that away was viewed as taking away a person's right to liberty and property.

Jefferson Davis certified and acknowledged the verbage used by the state of Mississippi during their secession which said plainly that Africans were disposed to the harsh physical nature of farming the crops that grow in the southern hemisphere and that any assault on the practice of slavery was an assault on organized society and the activities that made up the largest portion of economic activity in the world at that time.

Sure, the war was about slavery but as you plainly stated most people have no concept of how that meant something completely different than what it means today in common language.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Spot on.

More plainly put slavery was viewed as social mobility in the slave states and taking that away was viewed as taking away a person's right to liberty and property.

Jefferson Davis certified and acknowledged the verbage used by the state of Mississippi during their secession which said plainly that Africans were disposed to the harsh physical nature of farming the crops that grow in the southern hemisphere and that any assault on the practice of slavery was an assault on organized society and the activities that made up the largest portion of economic activity in the world at that time.

Sure, the war was about slavery but as you plainly stated most people have no concept of how that meant something completely different than what it means today in common language.

You listen to the bullshit today, and you'd think slavery ended worldwide in 1865. "Slavery" is as loaded a word as communist or fascist. And it diminishes the experiences, and in many cases contributions, of millions and hundreds of millions that had the same exact deal. I'm fuckin part Irish, the entire plantation system existed there until the 30's.

It's aggravating as fuck and ultimately stems from poor education.

CurtOFD78

Elite
You listen to the bullshit today, and you'd think slavery ended worldwide in 1865. "Slavery" is as loaded a word as communist or fascist. And it diminishes the experiences, and in many cases contributions, of millions and hundreds of millions that had the same exact deal. I'm fuckin part Irish, the entire plantation system existed there until the 30's.

It's aggravating as fuck and ultimately stems from poor education.
Heck, one only has to look carefully at International Drive in Orlando to see that slavery (in this case, sex slavery) is alive and well in this country. But the Mouse doesn't want you to know about that---Orlando and Disney are the Happiest Places on Earth!!!!!

BigBucnNole

Elite
Heck, one only has to look carefully at International Drive in Orlando to see that slavery (in this case, sex slavery) is alive and well in this country. But the Mouse doesn't want you to know about that---Orlando and Disney are the Happiest Places on Earth!!!!!

Impossible, only black militant liberals were enslaved and it ended in June of 1865.

JordanPetersHorn

I’m a Fucking Captain Dammit
Founder
I guess I just don't see the big deal. Juneteenth has been a thing in Texas my whole life. Why are we upset that it's a National Holiday now?
Furthers the Race Narrative and makes it look like Puddin is accomplishing something which has been difficult to do lately

tsumatt06

Poster
Furthers the Race Narrative and makes it look like Puddin is accomplishing something which has been difficult to do lately

Everyone loves a day off. It's the ever progressing race baiting that's irritating.

I mean-in Texas it was already a Holiday. I don't see why it shouldn't have already been a national holiday. Could have been an easy W for BDD to chalk up, IWBH.

It's the day that the very last slaves in this country were given the word that they were free. It's not some cockamamie bullshit, it's a pretty big deal. If we get to wave Columbus Day in the face of the Ind....... "indigenous people" faces, Juneteenth should absolutely be a National holiday. It's not about the "wokefags"

America 1st

Founder
I guess I just don't see the big deal. Juneteenth has been a thing in Texas my whole life. Why are we upset that it's a National Holiday now?
I don't think anyone is upset but it's another show of how out of wack these swamp creatures priorities are.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

I have often wondered what America would be like if there was no such thing as cotton? Because it was cotton picking that made us import hundreds of thousands of Africans. Think about that for a minute. A very provocative concept to debate.

AmericanViking

Legendary
Founder
1. Slaves did not “build” the White House. Yes, they contributed doing hard labor in the quarries, removing trees, making the bricks and such with raw materials but they did not build the White House. They didn’t have the skillset to do so.
2. The emancipation proclamation wasn’t really about freeing slaves. It was about trying to start a slave rebellion, gaining European support, and a cause for volunteers. If it were about freeing slaves then it would have also applied to Missouri, Kentucky, Delaware, and Maryland but it didn’t. It only applied to states no longer in the union.

I know many/most of you likely know this. Just had to say it

Latest posts

Top Bottom