Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

@jerbearr teach us how to 3D print our own carbine

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
@JerBearr

RightUnconsciousHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
@JerBearr if I get my carbine I’ll let you come over and print some backup butt plugs when the printer is not running

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
I actually really am curious. Not for the gun part as I’m good on those, but for something stupid like an FSU football helmet or something. And what you’d charge @JerBearr

Plus I need the functioning robo penis up my balloon knot.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I actually really am curious. Not for the gun part as I’m good on those, but for something stupid like an FSU football helmet or something. And what you’d charge @JerBearr

@JerBearr and I work at the same place for our day job - we have been trying to get the 3D print shop going at some point. It’s a very cool service to provide, we just need to get the mix right.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
@JerBearr and I work at the same place for our day job - we have been trying to get the 3D print shop going at some point. It’s a very cool service to provide, we just need to get the mix right.
There is this badass on Twitter that does his damn thing with a 3D printer. I think he’s printed over 7,000 mini helmets (yes the tiny gum ball ones you loved as a kid) and nails it. Then does the whole company slogan thing. I’ll find him. But we should keep this internal. Let him do his thing.

JerBearr

Charge for what? I do have an eBay store where I sell custom designed upgrade modification to a technology festival cat litterbox. The thing can probably blast off to space. Anyway, I sell those items for 9.99-14.99 and I sell my combination pack of all of them for 42.99. Each piece takes 45 minutes to 1.5 hours to manufacture and costs me 0.86 in material costs plus 1.5 hours of electricity. I have another modification on the horizon which is large (4.5 hours to manufacture and $3.35 in material costs) which I plan to sell for $30-45 I havent decided yet. It has been an engineering nightmare to design. These products can be offered at a cheaper price because they're only designed once and dont need constant updates.

As for FSF Print House we havent decided on pricing there. These items will likely require a lot more design work, far fewer sales, much longer manufacturing times, and much higher material costs...all this to say I think the FSF merch will have to be a little bit higher, but we obviously need to balance the sale price and the "is it worth it to buy it at this" price, so more to come on that.

As for someone random joe that wanted to use my printer, I would gladly let someone do that if they had the files already designed. I've never had someone ask, so I dont know what the rates would be, but I think 3D print farms operate on a very similar pricing as to CNC machines, which is to say that there is a standard price per unit of material, price per unit of time, and a base offset. So a 3 hour print would probably cost the buyer round $20-$30 depending on material. I would love to hire out my 3D printer to people that already have designs but no printer, I just dont know how to even market that lol.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
Charge for what? I do have an eBay store where I sell custom designed upgrade modification to a technology festival cat litterbox. The thing can probably blast off to space. Anyway, I sell those items for 9.99-14.99 and I sell my combination pack of all of them for 42.99. Each piece takes 45 minutes to 1.5 hours to manufacture and costs me 0.86 in material costs plus 1.5 hours of electricity. I have another modification on the horizon which is large (4.5 hours to manufacture and $3.35 in material costs) which I plan to sell for $30-45 I havent decided yet. It has been an engineering nightmare to design. These products can be offered at a cheaper price because they're only designed once and dont need constant updates.

As for FSF Print House we havent decided on pricing there. These items will likely require a lot more design work, far fewer sales, much longer manufacturing times, and much higher material costs...all this to say I think the FSF merch will have to be a little bit higher, but we obviously need to balance the sale price and the "is it worth it to buy it at this" price, so more to come on that.

As for someone random joe that wanted to use my printer, I would gladly let someone do that if they had the files already designed. I've never had someone ask, so I dont know what the rates would be, but I think 3D print farms operate on a very similar pricing as to CNC machines, which is to say that there is a standard price per unit of material, price per unit of time, and a base offset. So a 3 hour print would probably cost the buyer round $20-$30 depending on material. I would love to hire out my 3D printer to people that already have designs but no printer, I just dont know how to even market that lol.
I have a lot to think about while I touch myself while watching Under Siege.

1620347795435.gif

JerBearr

Was my attempt at a bad joke. Just trying to figure out what I’d pay for certain items or renting your machine for certain items. Never to sell. Just personal stuff.
hahah yeah yeah I know!! That website is a website which has free to download files that you can print!! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom