Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Japanese Yen is collapsing

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
This will cause some fireworks the longer this goes on. Bank of Japan is printing Yen and buying bonds to keep interest down, thus letting the currency collapse. Not sure how long Japan can play this game?

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 7.02.00 PM.png

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
How does this affect my savings account aka my comic book collection under my bed?
Probably won't be good for the world economy if the third largest economy (Japan) has their currency fall out of bed. Also, Japan is the biggest buyer of US debt (they overtook China) if they stop buying our debt to stabilize their currency it's just another country that is no longer funding our broke entitlements.

BigBucnNole

Elite
It'll balance. Japan is the most developed economy in Asia with a navy to safeguard trade. You'll get cheaper insurance using more efficient sea lanes to move goods from output to consumer markets.

They also have a pretty cool end of chain production line that uses Japan proper almost like a bank to buy inputs in Asia, ship them to America and manufacture here. Skips the whole aging debacle, and corcumvents higher cost of US material.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Costly imports hurt Japan's balance of trade this past month.

BigBucnNole

Elite
Costly imports hurt Japan's balance of trade this past month.

Japan is resource poor with the bulk of their production process out of country. You obviously can't be a net exporter in that scenario. Maybe under the Tokugawa Shogunate they were net importers contracted with Dutch, but they've never been internally self sustainable.

CDDP

Legendary
Founder
Japanese Yen at 142 and climbing. Japan has no domestic energy and must import it and their currency is collapsing in value. Not good for Japan.

Rube Reaper

Elite
So President Biden, The People’s President, has made the yank dollar the strongest currency in the world…

Shocker 😎

Densel

Poster
I doubt the credibility of this news. How in the world can the Japanese economy of all things be going downhill nowadays?

absoluteUnit

Check out the size of this lad
I doubt the credibility of this news. How in the world can the Japanese economy of all things be going downhill nowadays?
I keep the entire Japanese economy afloat by the sheer amount of used panties I buy from overseas

Densel

Poster
It’s a safe bet to doubt the credibility of most things on this site
Im still getting to know this place so im not sure about that but the news piece in this thread is still unbelievable, it seems unlikely and none of my credible sources say anything about it.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Im still getting to know this place so im not sure about that but the news piece in this thread is still unbelievable, it seems unlikely and none of my credible sources say anything about it.
There is a ton of irony, sarcasm, shit slinging and disrespect on here but it’s all in good fun (for the most part). Buried under that you will find some good discussion here and there

hmt5000

Legendary
Founder
Yea... credible sources... Sure Brian...

AridIdleEft-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom