Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

iPhone 13 pro max

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Okey doke. Can’t find the other thread (definitely user error).

So, the day has come. I switched to an iPhone after YEARS of android (I briefly had an iPhone 4…. Until I gave it to my daughter to go back to Android 2 months later). Mainly because 2 in my family, who shall remain anonymous (but only one did I bring into this world) can’t figure out how to stop sending texts in iMessage for the family text stream…and switching saved me a whole boat load of money. So, here I am.

I’m not sure what I think, yet. But I don’t hate it. I actually had to get my son to show me how to power it off. 😂

I think once I get the little differences down, it’ll be fine. If all else fails, I can keep badgering Max (and provide him endless entertainment) to show me how this dang thing works (oh yeah, he had to tell me to swipe DOWN on a pic to go back into the text stream instead of UP. Oh, and no more waving my hand from left to right to screenshot. I’m going to miss that) I mean, other than turning it off, it’s not that hard, but the differences of something as simple as switching between pages is a tad annoying. Just little things.

On the plus side, the phone is the exact same size as my Samsung s20+ and about the same weight, predictive text (I’m a swyper from way back…one reason I hated iPhones a decade ago) is good (actually better), video and camera is great and it was easy and fast to transfer everything. And the phone is pretty. I went with the blue. And so far, the battery kicks ass. And I don’t have to jailbreak this phone like I did the 4, so at least there’s that.

Just need to download a different keyboard. I hate the iPhone keyboard.

Anyway, this was supposed to be my follow up in the iPhone thread but since I obviously didn’t have the patience to keep looking, here we are. 😂

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Switched to the 12 Pro a while back and thought I would hate it.

Ended up liking it quit a bit. There is plenty of little shit that’s bugs me like switching pages (as OP pointed out) but overall it’s easy to see why they sell so many of these damn things.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Switched to the 12 Pro a while back and thought I would hate it.

Ended up liking it quit a bit. There is plenty of little shit that’s bugs me like switching pages (as OP pointed out) but overall it’s easy to see why they sell so many of these damn things.
At least now I’m not completely locked into the Apple universe. (Hence why I jailbroke that iPhone many moons ago).

It’s going to be a few days of frustration and, to be honest….knowing me …A LOT of bitching, And then I’ll figure out the little things and get on with life.

Huge life problems, I know. Prayers are appreciated. 😂

Jtrain80

Legendary
At least now I’m not completely locked into the Apple universe. (Hence why I jailbroke that iPhone many moons ago).

It’s going to be a few days of frustration and, to be honest….knowing me …A LOT of bitching, And then I’ll figure out the little things and get on with life.

Huge life problems, I know. Prayers are appreciated. 😂

I am just concerned you can get the text enlarged enough.

Alpha_Cock

A Real A Hole
Founder
Let me know if you can get a customized keyboard. It would be a step in the right direction for Apple.

That is what I hated about iPhone. Not nearly enough customizing so that you aren't a sheeple apple dork.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I am at the beach fishing this week. A guy here with us dropped his iphone out of his pocket yesterday morning, right into the surf. He could not find it, and gave it up as lost. Well mid afternoon, they got a call on his son's phone...someone walking on the beach found it...still in the surf...still working fine! Android will probably be the same, but still cool as shit.

tgsio

Legendary
Founder
Let me know if you can get a customized keyboard. It would be a step in the right direction for Apple.

That is what I hated about iPhone. Not nearly enough customizing so that you aren't a sheeple apple dork.
SwiftKey, Grammarly....

There are a few that are pretty good that you can download.

(I prefer SwiftKey)

Top Bottom