Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Iowa's Governor waves a big flag of freedom

Belezabro

Elite
"Leaders of Iowa school districts cannot require students or staff to wear masks and Iowa cities and counties cannot impose mask mandates under a law Gov. Kim Reynolds signed early Thursday.

The law, which goes into effect immediately, passed the House by a 53-35 vote and passed the Senate by a 29-17 vote in the waning hours of the 2021 legislative session. It was part of a larger education bill that would expand open enrollment in Iowa. Both votes split along party lines.

Reynolds, a Republican, said Wednesday morning, before either chamber passed the legislation, that she would likely be in favor of the measure. She then promptly signed it into law within hours of its passage.

“The state of Iowa is putting parents back in control of their child’s education and taking greater steps to protect the rights of all Iowans to make their own health care decisions,” Reynolds said in a statement. “I am proud to be a governor of a state that values personal responsibility and individual liberties. I want to thank the Iowa Legislature for their quick work in bringing this bill to my desk so that it can be signed into law.”

Also...The bill mandates that each public school classroom must have the United States flag on display and that the Pledge of Allegiance must be said daily in each class. Students of course cannot be mandated to say the pledge.

That's my governor!
giphy-downsized-large.gif

theDane8106

Elite
Founder
"Leaders of Iowa school districts cannot require students or staff to wear masks and Iowa cities and counties cannot impose mask mandates under a law Gov. Kim Reynolds signed early Thursday.

The law, which goes into effect immediately, passed the House by a 53-35 vote and passed the Senate by a 29-17 vote in the waning hours of the 2021 legislative session. It was part of a larger education bill that would expand open enrollment in Iowa. Both votes split along party lines.

Reynolds, a Republican, said Wednesday morning, before either chamber passed the legislation, that she would likely be in favor of the measure. She then promptly signed it into law within hours of its passage.

“The state of Iowa is putting parents back in control of their child’s education and taking greater steps to protect the rights of all Iowans to make their own health care decisions,” Reynolds said in a statement. “I am proud to be a governor of a state that values personal responsibility and individual liberties. I want to thank the Iowa Legislature for their quick work in bringing this bill to my desk so that it can be signed into law.”

Also...The bill mandates that each public school classroom must have the United States flag on display and that the Pledge of Allegiance must be said daily in each class. Students of course cannot be mandated to say the pledge.

That's my governor!

Makes me proud that we get something right every once in a while!!! Go Hawks!!

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder

That's my governor!

Good. About time to put a stop to this fucking nonsense.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Good. About time to put a stop to this fucking nonsense.
Should have happened a long time ago and I find it difficult to praise any of these governors who are just now opening up their states and getting rid of the dumb mask mandates. All of these johnny come lately governors trying to look like heros now aren't fooling me.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
Should have happened a long time ago and I find it difficult to praise any of these governors who are just now opening up their states and getting rid of the dumb mask mandates. All of these johnny come lately governors trying to look like heros now aren't fooling me.

Yeah...I am happy about it, but cannot celebrate a politician just for stopping abusing their power. Better than continuing to do so, but fuck all these people for their overreaching, mostly illegal mandates.

ThriceHawk

Poster
Founder

Iowa had a pretty damn short mask mandate... November to February. Not sure Reynolds is a "johnny come lately"... it might not be perfection but as a citizen here I've been happy with the governor's decisions. 100x better than most states, with a few exceptions.

denn

Legendary
Founder
Iowa had a pretty damn short mask mandate... November to February. Not sure Reynolds is a "johnny come lately"... it might not be perfection but as a citizen here I've been happy with the governor's decisions. 100x better than most states, with a few exceptions.
No doubt, better than most.

Cre8ive

Shaping the Future of Reality
Founder

That's my governor!

Great post! Thank you so much for sharing a post that is all about what makes America great.

Belezabro

Elite
Sad to report that, according to my son, around 80% of the kids still wore masks to school today. They have been indoctrinated. They don’t know how to live without their masks. Also, the principal told staff they had to wear masks, which goes against the bill quoted above.

Happy to report, however, that at my weightlifting class that I lead after school not one athlete wore a mask. Different breed, different mentality. I walked into the weight room and yelled, “smells like freedom in here.” The boys loved that one.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Sad to report that, according to my son, around 80% of the kids still wore masks to school today. They have been indoctrinated. They don’t know how to live without their masks. Also, the principal told staff they had to wear masks, which goes against the bill quoted above.

Happy to report, however, that at my weightlifting class that I lead after school not one athlete wore a mask. Different breed, different mentality. I walked into the weight room and yelled, “smells like freedom in here.” The boys loved that one.
Live in SW Iowa and was at a high school and junior high for different events this week. Hardly a mask to be found. It was beautiful.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Great post! Thank you so much for sharing a post that is all about what makes America great.
I wish the busy bodies in my city felt this way. They constantly bitch about the deplorable state scores for the schools, yet, vote the same people back into school administration every election. If you suggest maybe the district should abandon all these special months of somebody's history or that if the kids can learn their playbooks they should be able to learn their A, B, C's, they come unglued.

Latest posts

Top Bottom