Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Internet at the office is ganked up

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
lol comcast support is the worst, takes 3 days to get them to come out to fix anything even for a business. We use them as a failover internet provider and use fiber for primary (Usually UnitiFiber)
Yeah I was just talking to the guys about getting a backup. We signed up for comcast about two weeks before Google fiber got installed in the office building :(

Stuck with a contract, but this is the first real outage we’ve had so it hasn’t been too bad

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Yeah I was just talking to the guys about getting a backup. We signed up for comcast about two weeks before Google fiber got installed in the office building :(

Stuck with a contract, but this is the first real outage we’ve had so it hasn’t been too bad
if you do dnsmadeeasy.com can help with changing the DNS records to the backup internet IP's. Service is like $70 a year and will auto flip up to 3 DNS records to new IP's if it goes down. I find it much more reliable than DynDNS.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
if you do dnsmadeeasy.com can help with changing the DNS records to the backup internet IP's. Service is like $70 a year and will auto flip up to 3 DNS records to new IP's if it goes down. I find it much more reliable than DynDNS.
Cool man! Thanks for the tip, I’m gonna check it out

On another note, did you get your magical horse yet?

tiderollsonu

A man from Nantucket
Founder
Cool man! Thanks for the tip, I’m gonna check it out

On another note, did you get your magical horse yet?
I did and leveled to 8 but haven't had time to get back to it. Not really sure what to do next. I am used to playing linear games or at least ones that point you in the right direction. This one just drops you in the middle of no where with enemies that are way to strong to fight.

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
I did and leveled to 8 but haven't had time to get back to it. Not really sure what to do next. I am used to playing linear games or at least ones that point you in the right direction. This one just drops you in the middle of no where with enemies that are way to strong to fight.
Ok great! I’ll send some more tips

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
Has Putin struck? Is he shutting down the board?
NGL I panic everytime there are issues. We are about to do a deep look at cybersecurity over the next month. I think we are solid, but I want to make sure we are rock solid.

Going to have to have to work a backup plan for power outages, but our biggest risks right now for loss of service are internet or power outage. That was the first outage we've have more than 10 minutes in almost a year though

shiv

John
Administrator
Founder
That’s the cot damn truth. They suck dude.
Hopefully I didn't sign up for a two year contract and this should run out soon and I can switch. When we moved the server in there it was the only option that we had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom