Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
  • Support our Community

We're proud to offer an ad-free experience and valuable content thanks to the support of our TFSF members. If you enjoy what we do and want to help us continue providing the best experience, consider joining our Patreon

For $15 a month, you can help us cover costs, support growth, and ensure we keep having fun!

Your support makes a difference. Thank you!

I was banned for harassment for writing this on reddit in a askUK thread on culture...

Mungri

Elite
What exactly is ‘culture’ in the context that people ask in this manner? Why are so many obsessed with the culture of another? Being brown, atheist and autistic with alixythemia and a lack of labelistic self identify, such concepts elude me entirely. But more specifically, why do others bother me so much about the culture they presume I must have due to simply having melanin? Why do they assume I must be knowledgeable on some other foreign country or language, and furthermore that a sheer lack of interest in these things mean that I’m supposed to ‘go back to my roots’ and be aware of of them – which I also view as a thinly veiled ‘go back to where you came from’ attack.

What exactly is the culture of England? Or any other country? Or the perceptions of having it or not so obsessed over by some people? It now becomes one of my red flags – being asked about culture (mine specifically), on top whereaboutism or presumptions of my race or religion – I tell you this that such individuals are not worth giving any time or attention. And I have many times had the word ‘culture’ thrown at me in the same use as ‘skin colour’.

3 day sitewide reddit ban.

Latest posts

Top Bottom