Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I don't know who needs to hear it, but a single set of hurricane remnants crossing the northeast is not evidence of climate change....

AgEngDawg

Legendary
If the same remnants took a right hook over the Carolinas and went back out to see nothing would be said about it.

I am not even a climate change skeptic, but hurricanes of this type are not uncommon. There was a hurricane that hit Florida on Labor Day in 1935 that would make you shit your pants.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
If the same remnants took a right hook over the Carolinas and went back out to see nothing would be said about it.

I am not even a climate change skeptic, but hurricanes of this type are not uncommon. There was a hurricane that hit Florida on Labor Day in 1935 that would make you shit your pants.
When are certain people going to realize CLIMATE CHANGE is a scientific FACT? This planet has gone through climate change for billions of years.

Word your shit correctly when you’re attempting to talk about humans having anything to do with it. Don’t lump up lib “save the planet” tards with the people that know this ball of awesomeness has gone through a ton of climate change.

Mother Earth has been through climate change since she’s existed. FACT.

RJ2kWJ

Elite
Founder
A lot of tropical storms are flood events. Tallahassee has two 500 year rain events in a year around 2009. Two tropical storms hit and it rained a lot. Tons of water but that was it.
That’s because the George Bush hurricane machine somehow rebooted itself.

denn

Legendary
Founder
No different than sandy. It wasn't even a tropical storm so they dubbed it super storm sandy
Sandy was different. Call it whatever you'd like to call it but it was devastating up here. Many billions in damage and people still feeling the effects to this day. These storms that rolled through over the last few weeks were also damaging, but not close to Sandy. With regards to Schumer, he is gaslighting people to gain support for the tax payer heist disguised as "Climate" measures. He knows that we get hurricane remnants up here and have since well before he was even alive. The liberals will take any event and try to advance their agenda on the back of it.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Sandy was different. Call it whatever you'd like to call it but it was devastating up here. Many billions in damage and people still feeling the effects to this day. These storms that rolled through over the last few weeks were also damaging, but not close to Sandy. With regards to Schumer, he is gaslighting people to gain support for the tax payer heist disguised as "Climate" measures. He knows that we get hurricane remnants up here and have since well before he was even alive. The liberals will take any event and try to advance their agenda on the back of it.
So it was a storm. It wasn't a hurricane or tropical disturbance. My BIL is from Jersey. He personally knows of 4 houses that were hit by Jewish lightning. No one is denying it was a bad storm. My point being was Ida did a helluva lot more damage in Louisiana than any northern state. 24in of rain.
In NYC or NE of course there would be flooding in tunnels. And damages are so high bc the value of land is at a premium unlike coastal southern states comparatively

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
So it was a storm. It wasn't a hurricane or tropical disturbance. My BIL is from Jersey. He personally knows of 4 houses that were hit by Jewish lightning. No one is denying it was a bad storm. My point being was Ida did a helluva lot more damage in Louisiana than any northern state. 24in of rain.
In NYC or NE of course there would be flooding in tunnels. And damages are so high bc the value of land is at a premium unlike coastal southern states comparatively

Yankees give us shit for shutting down for a half inch of snow, so we return the favor when they lose their shit over a tropical storm.😅

denn

Legendary
Founder
Yankees give us shit for shutting down for a half inch of snow, so we return the favor when they lose their shit over a tropical storm.😅
I am not one of those people. I think it is okay for people to be concerned about major flooding and losing their houses and other property though. So I will give a pass to those who have had their lives turned upside down for "losing their shit." . Just like I am heart broken to see what happened to Louisiana.

GarnetPild

Legendary
Founder
I am not one of those people. I think it is okay for people to be concerned about major flooding and losing their houses and other property though. So I will give a pass to those who have had their lives turned upside down for "losing their shit." . Just like I am heart broken to see what happened to Louisiana.

I agree with all of your post. I also enjoy talking shit on tfsf. I don't think those things are mutually exlusive. Also, just for the record- Sandy was a huge, terrible storm. A great example of how we categorize storms (td, ts, cat1,2,etc) is not always the whole picture. That thing rocked the northeast.

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
Look I lost my place and the dog in my avatar in a fire. But got damn dude it is a storm. A whole bunch of folks lost all their shit in Tennessee. I'm not minimizing area folks loss but my heart prayers and help will go to my fucking fellow southerners. No offense meant and I hope not taken on your end

Rebarcock.

Your(e)humble servant
Founder
I agree with all of your post. I also enjoy talking shit on tfsf. I don't think those things are mutually exlusive. Also, just for the record- Sandy was a huge, terrible storm. A great example of how we categorize storms (td, ts, cat1,2,etc) is not always the whole picture. That thing rocked the northeast.
I knew you were a super stormy daniels

Top Bottom