Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I caught a SpaceX launch today.

CurtOFD78

Elite
I’ll say as a 23 year resident of central FLA, watching a shuttle/rocket launch live is one of the coolest things you will ever see. I’ve pulled off on to the side of the road more than once to just watch a shuttle or rocket go up. It is even better at night, as it literally lights up the entire sky (mind you, I am at least 40 miles away from the Space Coast) and you can track the space craft literally over 50-100 miles into space. One can very easily see the booster falling back towards earth. When the old space shuttles used to come into Kennedy to land, the double sonic booms of their re entry was also really cool to experience.

Long Cat V2.0

Legendary
I caught it from Daytona. It was really cool - is was at dusk so the sun really lit of the boosters, you could see them all the way back down. Could see the main rocket for about 6 minutes too, which is a long time.

One time for a night launch I could see it all the way until it went over the horizon 8 minutes after takeoff. Saw that from new Smyrna, about 25 miles north of the launch site.

The one last week was pretty cool. Night launch, from my house 35 miles inland. Last picture is main rocket on the right, booster on the left.

A0259470-5BC5-4AEE-AC24-0F470E426FE4.jpeg

4EC9FBDF-5017-42D8-9D24-6ACF2687D2B6.jpeg
6C706FAA-BE26-4303-84DD-2DA43F49BCAA.jpeg

The frequency of launches continues to make me think we are in or are about to be in a space war. These boosters were something like the 166th and 167th successful landings.

Last edited:

TheNJNole

Elite
Founder
I’ll say as a 23 year resident of central FLA, watching a shuttle/rocket launch live is one of the coolest things you will ever see. I’ve pulled off on to the side of the road more than once to just watch a shuttle or rocket go up. It is even better at night, as it literally lights up the entire sky (mind you, I am at least 40 miles away from the Space Coast) and you can track the space craft literally over 50-100 miles into space. One can very easily see the booster falling back towards earth. When the old space shuttles used to come into Kennedy to land, the double sonic booms of their re entry was also really cool to experience.
Caught the Shuttle several times.... never got old

Top Bottom