Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How will you be celebrating Juneteenth?

Rusty Student

2023 Fantasy Baseball 🏆
Founder
My aunt works for the state of Pennsylvania and was delighted to inform me government employees now get Juneteenth off. She was delighted.

Last edited:

Mmal7777

Elite
Founder
Sorry it’s the day of emancipation. That’s not a bad thing to celebrate. Slavery was ridiculous. We all know that.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
Sorry it’s the day of emancipation. That’s not a bad thing to celebrate. Slavery was ridiculous. We all know that.
I'll say it: another day for faux outrage by folks who are more worried about pinning their problems on other folks instead of making the most of being born in the greatest country on earth.

America 1st

The best poster on the board! Trumps lover! 🇺🇸
Founder
I just didn’t know it was a thing. I grew up in Montgomery, AL. That’s as black as it gets. I had many black friends. But I don’t have as many now when I’ve in N FL. Just not many around.
I'm giving you a hard time.

The reason you didn't know about it is because it wasn't a thing until BLM needed another topic to cry racism over.

Cards1968

Founder
June 19th, or Juneteenth, is the date former slaves in Texas found out about emancipation. It's a Texas thing and now they want to make it a national holiday.
They will be pushing local fireworks laws to allow them earlier in the calendar.

22*43*51

Boob Enthusiast
Founder
Bumping, because this thread apparently caused @Croot_Overlord to be fired by his marketing vendor.

I am going home ~ 5pm and taking the rest of the week off in celebration of Juneteenth.

Good chance I'll do the same thing next Friday too.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
Ribs and Colt 45’s
Ah, Colt 45's. While stationed at Camp Pendleton, the enlisted club was across the street from my barracks and the mess hall was about a 20 minute walk away. I could get a pitcher of PBR for 65 cents, a Colt 45 for 15 cents and a burger/fries for 65 cents. Got a meal and buzz for $1.50 and asleep/passed out by 7 PM with wake up at 5 AM. Did that 1-2 times a week.

I'm hitting the course at 9 with a group of friends. If my one friend who happens to be black is there today, his drinks are on me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom