Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How to tell someone you are not going to wear a mask

Tits is a teacher and goes back to work from vacation tomorrow. A woman in her office is a cancer survivor, and huge mask advocate. My wife is worried how to tell this lady that she values her friendship and doesn’t want to jeopardize it, but since for now masks are optional, she is NOT wearing a mask. My wife hates the mask and was contemplating quitting if they make her wear one, tho we aren’t really in a position to have her quit. I don’t honestly know what to tell her. Any FSF diplomats out there?

Detective John Kimble

Stop whining!
Founder
Tits is a teacher and goes back to work from vacation tomorrow. A woman in her office is a cancer survivor, and huge mask advocate. My wife is worried how to tell this lady that she values her friendship and doesn’t want to jeopardize it, but since for now masks are optional, she is NOT wearing a mask. My wife hates the mask and was contemplating quitting if they make her wear one, tho we aren’t really in a position to have her quit. I don’t honestly know what to tell her. Any FSF diplomats out there?
Didn’t you say the masks are optional? Then it’s none of her coworkers god damned business if your wife chooses not to wear one. If her coworker makes a big deal out of it, then she is the trouble maker.

Pillow Pants

Elite
Founder
Your wife should tell her she's going to need her to start wearing a diaper to contain her farts. Essentially the same thing.

imprimis

Legendary
Founder
I'm a cancer survivor and don't care if you wear a mask around me unless you're coughing and hacking.

Was the cancer survivor wearing a mask for the 3-4 months that Wuhan was circulating among us before everything went to Hell 18 months ago? Why wasn't he/she concerned then?

TopHook

Legendary
Founder
Give her a coin
us_fugio_cent_1787.jpg

ChicagoFats

Legendary
Founder
I’m on my 4th email and have a scheduled phone call with the principal regarding mask use this morning. I’m going to pester her all year until the ridiculousness is stopped. I told her it’s going to be an issue until masks are optional.

Mask use in children is totally indefensible.

denn

Legendary
Founder
I have found that being straight up is the best way to go about it. I have no issue telling people I am not going to be wearing a mask and if that bothers them, may it is them that needs to make the changes necessary to feel safe. Especially when there is no office policy on wearing them to begin with. Entire workplaces should never be beholden to one person because they have health risks that the majority of others do not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom